Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC Gosh darn I wish Katie would come over to Mercedes forums to help us there I ...
    Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Gosh darn I wish Katie would come over to Mercedes forums to help us there
    I wish you would go over to the merc forums and bother.. I mean "help" them and then stay there helping them.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Horse View Post
    I was at a gas station this morning with my V and a guy came up asking me if my car was a stick and that he loves V's. He kept saying how 'bad ass' it looks asked me if I bought it new and where I bought it. Nobody ever came up to our late model MB and asked anything about it. I did have to go through 2 bottles of touch up paint because of constant scratches appearing all the time, the car was black. The crappy paint was nothing compared to a million electric problems (like I mentioned before many times) we had with the MB. Good riddance, absolutely enjoying my V!
    150 mph chips are badges of honor. I may have a 195 mph chip. Hoping for a 200 mph chip.

If i make that ill start putting on carbon fiber. Hood first.
    thebigjimsho likes this.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their websi

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_cadillac View Post
    I just confirmed it. The 556 HP V is only in the wagon and the sedan. The 2014 V6 turbo sedan is called a V. So I say again, why be so stupid as to call it a V when its a watered down less powerful car. Its not a V so why tarnish the image of the V. In a couple of years anyone who sees a V will mostly think it's a slow V6. Not even close to the same league as a BMW or a Mercsedez. The Germas still do it better. They don't discontinue cars, if you have the money you can get a high horsepower package. I say again, north american companies are sometimes mickey mouse
    Oh man, you are GREAT for a laugh!!!!!!

VSport. Not V. BMW has M type options on base cars. Same for Mercedes. Same for Audi. I say again, you are clueless.

Actually, I didn't say that before. But I thought it. As did many here...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_cadillac View Post
    I'm sorry man, but your out to lunch and fooling yourself. Gmwas broke which means even Americans were not buying the cars. The German cars are making record profits. They know how to brand and if you have the money you can get whatever you want from the factory. They don't discontinue good things. Regardless of how many are sold,if you want a certain car they will build it for you. GM just stopped making the V8 in the sedan but still call a car with 100HP less as a V. You don't know what your talking about. Im happy with my Cts- V 2013 Sedan (not the 2014) but I did not want to spend another $30k for a German car that was just a bit better. But to be truthful,if I had the money I would go with A high end German car. Too say their cars are waterred down is plain stupid and your a hick from the country. And don't get me started on where its better to live as you probably have never been out of your own hick town bro.
    And you own a V. You are a troll.

BTW, the buying public is about 10 years behind on perception. GM built crap in the 90s and was paying for that. There were many great cars being built when bankruptcy hit. And the newest CTS is an evolution of the turnover. Nothing but huge accolades for the VSport. Most think it is in the same ballpark as your beloved Germans. 10 years ago, all I wanted was a new M5. I had wanted an M5 ever since the first came out in the 80s, while a teenager. The V1 was an M5 at 60% the cost. Loved the V1, loved the much advanced V2. The gen 3 is a better car than the Germans. And still for less.

VSport is NOT a V. Hicks know that. City folk know that. You, you hoser, do not...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    A bit better? Try a lot better and well worth the price difference. The Caddy is really no better than a Chevy or Buick (actually probably the Buick is better as far as materials and fit and finish) The Caddy is the same (except the engine and troubled rear end) as a far lower end V6 Model that could be had new for in the 30's. The Benz is a whole different ball game, not just a little bit better, but a lot better and worth the extra. In really going through my Benz I can see why it is more money than the roughly 70K Cadillac's, much better paint, materials, fit and a lot more features. A much better original design from a engineering stand point too.
    Frick, meet Frack.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    I had no idea Benzes were immune to scrapes and scratches. You'd think they would be marketing the hell out of a feature like that. I mean it all makes sense now, that's why I've never seen a Benz with a scratch in the paint.

Oh wait, no that's wrong. I see Benzes with scratches in the paint all the time. I forgot this is 1997BlackETC's magical Mercedes that makes 100 HP more than stock with no mods, exists outside the bounds of JD Powers reports and can't be scratched. Carry on.
    You forgot how the Benz would win in a "circle track" race. Dirt, I'm guessing...

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Re: Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their websi

not sure if this thread is serious but I keep checking it to see if I will get punked

taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

Never thought of that Rob. Now I'm waiting to come back to this thread and hear Rick Astley coming from one of Toronto_cadillac's posts.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

A big thank you to Doug McKenzie and his soulmate Colonel Klink for funnin' up the forum with their silliness......

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Okay in who's ever defense, there is a lot of orange peel in the V's paint. My bmw / honda had less orange peel and those were almost decades old.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ptrd View Post
    almost decades old.
    A single decade would be ten years....."decades" would require twenty years or more.

So, "almost decades" would seem to imply 19 years or so?

(yeah, I know...not helpful, but there is little that is helpful on this thread after the factual corrections on page 1).
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Quote Originally Posted by 6104696 View Post
    A single decade would be ten years....."decades" would require twenty years or more.

So, "almost decades" would seem to imply 19 years or so?

(yeah, I know...not helpful, but there is little that is helpful on this thread after the factual corrections on page 1).
    almost decades could literally mean anything, it almost makes sense to use that phrase because 60% of the time its will work all the time

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I'm still waiting for an apology for trying to bring down the name and a bad ass such is Mickey Mouse. Take it back Frenchy!

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

My big dilemma is when my V lease is up in about 17 months is getting a Sierra or Yukon Denali which my wife REALLY wants me back in an SUV/truck and I wouldn't mind it as then I could tow my ZR1 to track events instead of borrowing my Mom's Avalance and letting her rip around in the V for the weekend. Problem is, I've fallen in love with my '12 V. On an 80 mile stretch coming back from Houston early this week I averaged 103mph and got right at 13mpg. That average was slow down for the light traffic and then speeding back up sometimes up to 125-130mph. Traffic was very light, it was mid afternoon with incredible sightlines (no cops and very smooth roads). The car was just incredibly stable and confidence inspiring. This thing is a true autobahn missile. Rpms' were humming right around 3,000rpm in 6th gear (automatic) just over 100mph and it felt effortless.

I'll miss that effortless power and stability if I do end up getting a new Yukon or Sierra Denali when my lease is up. Best option is to buy a nice stripper truck for track events, Home Depot runs and get a V3 CTS-V. Need more parking space though and need to convince wife.

Thanks for reading.

Oh, OP you're an idiot and ETC, can't believe you continue to dry hump your Mercedes on a Cadillac board. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by quikag View Post
    My big dilemma is when my V lease is up in about 17 months is getting a Sierra or Yukon Denali which my wife REALLY wants me back in an SUV/truck and I wouldn't mind it as then I could tow my ZR1 to track events instead of borrowing my Mom's Avalance and letting her rip around in the V for the weekend. Problem is, I've fallen in love with my '12 V. On an 80 mile stretch coming back from Houston early this week I averaged 103mph and got right at 13mpg. That average was slow down for the light traffic and then speeding back up sometimes up to 125-130mph. Traffic was very light, it was mid afternoon with incredible sightlines (no cops and very smooth roads). The car was just incredibly stable and confidence inspiring. This thing is a true autobahn missile. Rpms' were humming right around 3,000rpm in 6th gear (automatic) just over 100mph and it felt effortless.

I'll miss that effortless power and stability if I do end up getting a new Yukon or Sierra Denali when my lease is up. Best option is to buy a nice stripper truck for track events, Home Depot runs and get a V3 CTS-V. Need more parking space though and need to convince wife.

Thanks for reading.

Oh, OP you're an idiot and ETC, can't believe you continue to dry hump your Mercedes on a Cadillac board. Move on.
    Wait, what's a V3? I thought the V was discontinued or a V6 or something? I'm confused...
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    Never thought of that Rob. Now I'm waiting to come back to this thread and hear Rick Astley coming from one of Toronto_cadillac's posts.
    All indications thus far are that he's never gonna give it up, never gonna let it go, never gonna calm it down or believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    All indications thus far are that he's never gonna give it up, never gonna let it go, never gonna calm it down or believe you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post

almost decades could literally mean anything, it almost makes sense to use that phrase because 60% of the time its will work all the time
    Like Sex Panther?
    taken and RobF300 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.