Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; how did you determine the paint was "much better"? what testing methods did you use?...
    RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Re: Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their websi

how did you determine the paint was "much better"?

what testing methods did you use?
    thebigjimsho likes this.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their websi

With my 2013 Cadillac CTS-V it scratched much more easily and the paint seemed very thin, on the Mercedes I've scraped up against a few times now and it does not get damage from a simple thing like the Cadillac did, it seems like the coat of paint is much more thick. Just my opinion though.

CavemanB52 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    it seems like the coat of paint is much more thick. Just my opinion though.
    Lol.

Really solid argument there. I'm convinced. I'm going to shell out another fifty grand for an E63. F it I want mink fur for carpet and cheetah skin on the roof too.

Moronic Humble Opinion. IMHO

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_cadillac View Post
    I'm sorry man, but your out to lunch and fooling yourself. Gmwas broke which means even Americans were not buying the cars. The German cars are making record profits. They know how to brand and if you have the money you can get whatever you want from the factory. They don't discontinue good things. Regardless of how many are sold,if you want a certain car they will build it for you. GM just stopped making the V8 in the sedan but still call a car with 100HP less as a V. You don't know what your talking about. Im happy with my Cts- V 2013 Sedan (not the 2014) but I did not want to spend another $30k for a German car that was just a bit better. But to be truthful,if I had the money I would go with A high end German car. Too say their cars are waterred down is plain stupid and your a hick from the country. And don't get me started on where its better to live as you probably have never been out of your own hick town bro.
    How did we become hicks for correcting your idiotic statments bro?

----------

BTW. What town in the large northern 51st state isn't a hick town?

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

With my 2013 Cadillac CTS-V it scratched much more easily and the paint seemed very thin, on the Mercedes I've scraped up against a few times now and it does not get damage from a simple thing like the Cadillac did, it seems like the coat of paint is much more thick. Just my opinion though.
    coll man thanks for answering

900x900px-LL-084cc30e_seems-legit-1.jpeg
    Jinx, thebigjimsho and taken like this.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    C'mon, seriously? I'll bet their are plenty of folks here who would be happy to test your Merc's paint job
    thebigjimsho likes this.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I had no idea Benzes were immune to scrapes and scratches. You'd think they would be marketing the hell out of a feature like that. I mean it all makes sense now, that's why I've never seen a Benz with a scratch in the paint.

Oh wait, no that's wrong. I see Benzes with scratches in the paint all the time. I forgot this is 1997BlackETC's magical Mercedes that makes 100 HP more than stock with no mods, exists outside the bounds of JD Powers reports and can't be scratched. Carry on.
    taken likes this.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

When did this become a "beat down" thread? After page 2 or 3????????

CavemanB52 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    When did this become a "beat down" thread? After page 2 or 3????????
    C'mon. BAABOO. He deserved it after the first statement. We tried to explain its a common mistake and he just kept coming at the brick wall like a retard with a mission. 1997 is just being a typical troll who is trying to justify his over expenditure on a merc. He is harmless and been around a long time. This Canadian might hurt somebody. Apparently Americans are hicks. I'm personally offended. Cause my grandma was a half hick twice removed . So I'm at least 1/16 hick. And and that Canadian is just plain racist.

Also he knows nothing about cars but like a squirrel with a nut he manged to buy a V. He's like our own Forest Gump.

Can we keep um!? Please!?

I promise ill feed him...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    I had no idea Benzes were immune to scrapes and scratches. You'd think they would be marketing the hell out of a feature like that.
    F-in perfect for buyer's remorse boy.
    bnagel and MEDISIN like this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Obvious trolling and a newbie descending to semicoherent personal attacks. Keep it going and we can turn this thread into a treatment for a new reality show on TLC.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

I think this thread should be stickied as well as being required reading as a prerequisite for anybody joining this forum from now on... you know, something like having to check the box indicating agreement to the terms of service, but in reality, it would mean having read every post in the thread.

Best regards,

Elie
    thebigjimsho likes this.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52
    Can we keep um!? Please!? I promise ill feed him... .
    Hell, we're all feeding him!

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

I suggest the OP PMs Katie his concerns information including a VIN number of one of these Mickey Mouse Vs. Perhaps she can then inquire deep within GM for an answer but then never get back to him.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    Lol.

Really solid argument there. I'm convinced. I'm going to shell out another fifty grand for an E63. F it I want mink fur for carpet and cheetah skin on the roof too.

Moronic Humble Opinion. IMHO

----------

How did we become hicks for correcting your idiotic statments bro?

----------

BTW. What town in the large northern 51st state isn't a hick town?
    Whitehorse, YT?
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Gosh darn I wish Katie would come over to Mercedes forums to help us there

V-Horse is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was at a gas station this morning with my V and a guy came up asking me if my car was a stick and that he loves V's. He kept saying how 'bad ass' it looks asked me if I bought it new and where I bought it. Nobody ever came up to our late model MB and asked anything about it. I did have to go through 2 bottles of touch up paint because of constant scratches appearing all the time, the car was black. The crappy paint was nothing compared to a million electric problems (like I mentioned before many times) we had with the MB. Good riddance, absolutely enjoying my V!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.