Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Maybe the OP is trolling?...
    DavidPR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan

Re: Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their websi

Maybe the OP is trolling?

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Re: Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their websi

this guy went to bat for us, taking time from his day to get to the bottom of things and informing us- lets show a little more gratitude
    thebigjimsho and taken like this.

taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

I often type LOL, but really... LOLOLOL

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I'm going to "like" his post in the name of sportsmanship.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Its a train wreck. You can't look away.

I can just see each of us checking our email and finding another update to this thread. Our eyes slowly going down until we see the author of the new post. Yes, indeed, it's the OP. We race to click the link and let the enlightenment begin... hoping its a touch of shame and humility. Maybe even a sense of humor. Then we read the new post. Our eyes race to the end not believing what they are reading. Then the real dilemma begins. How in the world to reply. We all seem to have handled it in a different way, none more right than the other. But wait, Jim hasn't seen it yet... what will he think... Will Katie address his concerns? What's next??? The anticipation is killing me...

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    I'm going to "like" his post in the name of sportsmanship.
    lets all like that sh*t, give him as many likes as posts
    thebigjimsho likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF300
    lets all like that sh*t, give him as many likes as posts
    I've done my part. As I see you have, too.

Toronto_cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I'm sorry man, but your out to lunch and fooling yourself. Gmwas broke which means even Americans were not buying the cars. The German cars are making record profits. They know how to brand and if you have the money you can get whatever you want from the factory. They don't discontinue good things. Regardless of how many are sold,if you want a certain car they will build it for you. GM just stopped making the V8 in the sedan but still call a car with 100HP less as a V. You don't know what your talking about. Im happy with my Cts- V 2013 Sedan (not the 2014) but I did not want to spend another $30k for a German car that was just a bit better. But to be truthful,if I had the money I would go with A high end German car. Too say their cars are waterred down is plain stupid and your a hick from the country. And don't get me started on where its better to live as you probably have never been out of your own hick town bro.
    thebigjimsho likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_cadillac View Post
    I'm sorry man, but your out to lunch and fooling yourself. Gmwas broke which means even Americans were not buying the cars. The German cars are making record profits. They know how to brand and if you have the money you can get whatever you want from the factory. They don't discontinue good things. Regardless of how many are sold,if you want a certain car they will build it for you. GM just stopped making the V8 in the sedan but still call a car with 100HP less as a V. You don't know what your talking about. Im happy with my Cts- V 2013 Sedan (not the 2014) but I did not want to spend another $30k for a German car that was just a bit better. But to be truthful,if I had the money I would go with A high end German car. Too say their cars are waterred down is plain stupid and your a hick from the country. And don't get me started on where its better to live as you probably have never been out of your own hick town bro.
    OK, here goes again. The Europeans that get you so happy in pants, do the same with the M5 and the Msport. So, by your own line of thinking, GM has done a good thing by copying them. Secondly, GM hasn't discontinued anything you dolt. They are currently redesigning the V. They have in the past given the model a year off between the V1 and V2 and instead chose to give us the 2014 V while we wait for the new model. The new V8 V will show up in another year with more HP than our current 556. Oh, and if you knew anything about German cars as you claim you would know that the M disappears every few years for a year or so as they redesign. Maybe you should head to bimmerfest the next time it happens and tell all the members how mickeymouse BMW is for discontinuing the M5. As for small town, yes I do live in a small town. Not because I've never left. I've been to more than half of our states and 4 other countries (one of them yours). I always liked Robin Williams' take on Canada. They are like a loft apartment over a really great party where the guy just keeps yelling for everyone to keep it down. Anyways, I travel extensively for pleasure. However, I choose not to live in a large city as it would increase my chances of meeting asshats like you on a daily basis.

So, lets get the storyline straight. First you are mad the new V comes with a turbo 6 and there is no more V8. Then you find out both are available so you are mad that they watered down the brand. Then you find out lots of other auto makers do the same including your beloved BMW. So, now you are mad that they will discontinue the V V8 next year. What will you do when you find out now that the V3 will indeed have a V8 and even more HP than the current 556??? You must be running out of things to call mickymouse eh? I threw in the "eh" to French it up so you could understand my small town American speak.

In closing, I think most on this board would agree that it's time for you to stay off mommy and daddy's computer and go back down into the basement and play some Xbox...

thebigjimsho likes this.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Lol you make the rest of canada sad.

Just man up and admit you're wrong. It's the internet. You dug your own hole. If you didn't start the thread and just read the whole thing over you would be making fun of your original post too.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_cadillac
    I'm sorry man, but your out to lunch and fooling yourself...you don't know what your talking about.
    Wow. That's some insightful shit right there. You should read it. Over and over. I swear if stupidity was painful we'd all be better off. Dismissed.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

A bit better? Try a lot better and well worth the price difference. The Caddy is really no better than a Chevy or Buick (actually probably the Buick is better as far as materials and fit and finish) The Caddy is the same (except the engine and troubled rear end) as a far lower end V6 Model that could be had new for in the 30's. The Benz is a whole different ball game, not just a little bit better, but a lot better and worth the extra. In really going through my Benz I can see why it is more money than the roughly 70K Cadillac's, much better paint, materials, fit and a lot more features. A much better original design from a engineering stand point too.

Oh friggen barf. The two nitwits found each other....
    Jinx, thebigjimsho, dqw1 and 5 others like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.