Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their website in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; How much are these loaded out v6 turbos... I certainly would have gotten a V!!!!...
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    How much are these loaded out v6 turbos... I certainly would have gotten a V!!!!

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their websi

^^^^^^
    A 2014 CTS VSport 3.6TT starts at $60k and the top-of-the-line Premium is $70k. The upper limit is more than a base 2014 CTS-V, and the same as a V with a few options. By all accounts the VSport is an excellent car, but by no means is it a CTS-V.

taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

Re: Gm is sometimes mickey mouse. There is no v8 556hp v. So why is it on their websi

Quote Originally Posted by oaktownraider View Post
    So that 2014 v I just bought doesn't have a 556 hp v8? shit I knew there was something up they gave me that cad too easily haha
    They probably just piped in the V8 sound through the speakers like the M5 to complete the illusion...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The OP didn't see any of the threads on the first page discussing delivery of '14 Vagons? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    The OP didn't see any of the threads on the first page discussing delivery of '14 Vagons? Really?
    Look on the bright side J, the board has been slow with not much new going on lately. This gave us something to laugh about...
    thebigjimsho likes this.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_cadillac View Post
    No class and plain stupid.
    thebigjimsho and Luna. like this.

Toronto_cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I just confirmed it. The 556 HP V is only in the wagon and the sedan. The 2014 V6 turbo sedan is called a V. So I say again, why be so stupid as to call it a V when its a watered down less powerful car. Its not a V so why tarnish the image of the V. In a couple of years anyone who sees a V will mostly think it's a slow V6. Not even close to the same league as a BMW or a Mercsedez. The Germas still do it better. They don't discontinue cars, if you have the money you can get a high horsepower package. I say again, north american companies are sometimes mickey mouse
    Trapspeed and RobF300 like this.

OMG... Please read here before ever posting again. We all know that they also make a V that's a 6 turbo. But it's not called a V. Its called a Vsport. Just like BMW makes an M as well as an Msport. They are still making a V for 2014 with the old body style and the V8. Come on man, stop hanging your pitches over the plate. You're really looking bad here... Somebody make the call to the bullpen and save this guy...
    Tedboss1 likes this.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Let's analyze the 15th post. The TTV6 car is called the V-Sport, not the V we know. Like it or hate it, that's what it is. Personally, I don't like GM watering down the V moniker either so I'm with you there but let's not forget that if I recall there are some watered down Germans, too. Hell, even Lexus has watered the F line now. Watering down the name, I'll give you that. I don't like it but it is what it is.

Edit: Taken beat me to it. Sadly, Mo is retired.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

I just confirmed it. The 556 HP V is only in the wagon and the sedan. The 2014 V6 turbo sedan is called a V. So I say again, why be so stupid as to call it a V when its a watered down less powerful car. Its not a V so why tarnish the image of the V. In a couple of years anyone who sees a V will mostly think it's a slow V6. Not even close to the same league as a BMW or a Mercsedez. The Germas still do it better. They don't discontinue cars, if you have the money you can get a high horsepower package. I say again, north american companies are sometimes mickey mouse
    thank you for getting to the bottom of it, we appreciate your efforts
    taken likes this.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF300
    thank you for getting to the bottom of it, we appreciate your efforts
    This is the first time I could actually feel the "eye roll" emoticon in a post. LOL
    thebigjimsho likes this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Toronto_cadillac -- your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Is this it?
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...nother-v8.html

Or maybe this?
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-cts-lame.html

Or this?
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...014-cts-v.html

Maybe this is the first issue:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...e-screwed.html
    Tedboss1 likes this.

I always hated the "search is your friend" responses but this time...

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Not "search is your friend" but "this is not a new debate, so meh."

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    You're hurting my brain man! Go learn about Cadillac actual Vs BMW actual Ms and Mercedes actual AMGs. Before saying Mickey Mouse anymore. They all have the watered down sport versions in a capitalistic effort to make money. Thank god for capitalisim BTW. Your so called North American Companies are just now following suit of the "doing it better Germans" that have been fooling poeple like you for years!! Sorry your just catching up man. Seriously!

BTW Mickey Mouse is a bad ass American! So stop bringing down his name with YOUR lack of knowledge. Where are you from Canada?! Make fun of that.... "A!"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.