CTS-V test drive - blocked!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V test drive - blocked!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I went to the Caddy dealer last Friday to check out the Vs, as I am seriously considering one. The ...
    hoontang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Wagon OBM 6MT

CTS-V test drive - blocked!!!

I went to the Caddy dealer last Friday to check out the Vs, as I am seriously considering one.

The salesman did not know a whole lot about them, but had a CTS-V sedan on the lot. He let me sit in the driver's seat, and start and rev the car, but wouldn't let me take it for a test drive.

Is this common practice at dealerships?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MPNX2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I would say no...my dealer had no problem letting my drive them...multiple times..find a new dealer

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: CTS-V test drive - blocked!!!

Make sure when you show up at a dealership you fit the image of a serious shopper capable of buying a $70K automobile and responsible enough not to ruin one in a test drive.

Might also call ahead and make an appointment.
    Club Malibu likes this.

setherman5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2011
    I went into the dealer to get an oil change on my hummer. While waiting I was checking out the V on the showroom floor. The salesman walked up and his first words were "do you want to take it for a drive?". The rest is history.

DCV
    DCV is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

How old are you? If you are a 20 something they can be dicks or what did you drive up on the lot with? When I car shop and want to be ignored I ride the motorcycle to the dealerships. Give us more info.

hoontang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Wagon OBM 6MT

Its not like I stumbled out of a Tercel wearing a stained "WHO FARTED?" t shirt.

I am 39 (but have been told I look younger) , drove up in the car in my sig, wearing a yellow polo shirt and khakhis.

The salesman was polite, but when I asked to go for a test drive he said "Don't take this the wrong way, just understand that this is a very expensive car and we don't want to rack up a lot of miles on it."

He gave me his card and got me a brochure (although after all the time I spent lurking on this board, I was eventually teaching him about the V).

Also, he didn't ask for my contact information or phone number (sniff).

Just thought it was a bit of a weird interaction, unlike most I have had at other dealerships.
    Xaqtly and IBMike like this.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoontang
    Its not like I stumbled out of a Tercel wearing a stained "WHO FARTED?" t shirt.

Don't give them your buisness.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Find another dealership. This BS about not being able to test drive a car you intend to purchase means they are not serious about your business.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    When I got my V, I was 22 and they let me take a 24 hour test drive. I had one stealership tell me they don't have insurance for test drives because a former worker stole a car. Lol I went to a different stealership n bought the v they had.

mr weather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    This BS about not being able to test drive a car you intend to purchase means they are not serious about your business.
    Or they're not interesting in selling that particular V. Which is odd because most dealership owners would sell the friggen office furniture if they could make money off of it.

m5biemer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Wagon, Audi RS4, Jeep SRT8

If you're ever in Jax, I'll let you take mine for a quick spin. Actually, I'm thinking of selling so pm me if you'd be interested. I also have RS4.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Yes, that is a weird interaction. I would be tempted to move on to the next dealership, unless that particular car was just what I was looking for, or the next dealership was inconveniently distant.

If so, you could give the dealership another chance by calling and asking to speak to another salesperson because you've heard good things about the dealership but so-and-so said you didn't allow test-drives.

blksnk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, 09 C300 SPORT

One dealer let me take a V 30 miles to show my girlfriend by myself, I did drive up a in Viper though! I just test drove a GT-R was doing about 75 and the saleman said the road is clear ahead and let me take the car over 110....Find another dealer, it's just a car!

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I'm pretty sure GM has a policy that you can test drive any car when shopping. I'd point that out to the idiot who is making up his own rules.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by hoontang View Post
    Hahahaha, I love the imagery.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.