CTS-V test drive - blocked!!! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V test drive - blocked!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Not only did I get refused a test drive, I also couldn't even get a card from the sAlesman. It's ...
    SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Not only did I get refused a test drive, I also couldn't even get a card from the sAlesman. It's like that everywhere unless you're a 40-50 some thing white or Jew. A **** of a sales lady at Audi said the RS models would be too expensive for us. I actually took out my Paystub and showed it to her AND her sales manager then walked out and got a range rover.

CTS4 V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Audi S4

Re: CTS-V test drive - blocked!!!

I never knew there were so many audi people on this forum. Anyways, I remember before I could drive my parents were looking at two new volkswagen GLIs. They let us keep one overnight the first day, and the other one the next. I also recall my dad keeping a Red 04 R32 for the weekend around the time they came out. I felt bad for the dealers both times because my parents didn't buy a car either time.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

When I test drove a V wagon at a dealer I rolled in on a cold February day with blowing snow. I walked in, introduced myself as being interested and aware they had a Vagon in stock and asked if I could see it, play with the seat, and start to negotiate on what they would do for me on a car they had been sitting on for a year. The salesman agreed and we took a drive to the warehouse where they store excess inventory and walked around it, I saw what I wanted to see, and as I was revving the engine he walked back to the car with a strap on dealer plate. Obviously I wanted to drive it but that was in no way expecting we would take it out that day, but we did go for a short drive to get the feel of driving it around town. Keep in mind, this was one of the coldest days of the year (~22 degree high) and there was snow on the ground. He didn't ask for my license, insurance, nothing. I was 23 (but am always told I look older). This is a city dealer and one of the highest volume Cadillac locations in the state - not a low-volume hometown dealer in the country.

Bottom line: It is up to the discretion of the dealer and salesman as to whether you can test drive a car. If they want to make a sale they will let you drive it. If not, their loss. Conducting oneself in an appropriate manner (as OP reportedly did) should go without saying. In the end, I didn't end up buying from this dealer for other reasons and went to a smaller volume dealer to order my car, but I will say that dealing with the initial visit was extremely pleasant.

texasnoiz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): M3M5EVO9-sold; next up TESLA, Vwagon

i (middle eastern male, 39, appearance younger than stated age, wearing gym clothes) rolled up in 2013 accord - Sewell Houston - greeted kindly and invited for test drive after a few minutes of inquiry about their black V wagon. had 200 miles on it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    Not only did I get refused a test drive, I also couldn't even get a card from the sAlesman. It's like that everywhere unless you're a 40-50 some thing white or Jew. A **** of a sales lady at Audi said the RS models would be too expensive for us. I actually took out my Paystub and showed it to her AND her sales manager then walked out and got a range rover.
    due to Audi making nice cars with upscale interiors I forced myself to go to 2 different Audi dealers in Houston and had unreal unfortunate experiences with less than stellar salesmen who were apparently in no need to sell any cars. never a porsche, never an audi, never a vw. never. not even for free.
    thank god for cadillac cts-v and m5.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

When I was looking at used Vs, the local dealer had a 2 year old sedan on the lot... I was in the market for a coupe, but was looking at the sedan, as it was the first V I'd seen in person. He said I could sit it it and fire it up, but that they didn't offer test drives on the V. I'm guessing that is just their standard going in line to weed out the joy riders and if I'd really have been interested they'd have allowed it.

They did let me try out the ATS and told me I really should drive to, a 3.6 and a turbo, just to compare the 2 (suprisingly enough, I actually liked the turbo better!).

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    I also had a horrible experience at our local Audi dealership.
    Back when the Q7 first was introduced, my wife was deciding between that and the then new GL450.
    During that time, it was rumored that there will be an RS6.
    I had the E60 M5 at the time, and would have considered a RS6.
    When I asked about it, the attitude of the salesman don't think about it because you won't be able to afford it.
    I was actually a little taken back.
    Needless to say, my wife got the GL450 back then.
    Because of that episode, I sent a letter detailing our experience to Audi corporate.
    Actually got a call from their national company apologizing.
    Few weeks later, got a call from the salesman from Audi acting extremely cordial and asked if we were still interested in the Q7...

iVwishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Go find another dealership or complain at the one you've been denied a test drive. In my years of car shopping experience at various non exotic dealerships it has gone from "you can't test drive it!" to "Take her for a spin"...after a photocopy my license, to (after checking my credit rating) take her home and make a decision tomorrow!

m5biemer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Wagon, Audi RS4, Jeep SRT8

OP, please clear your inbox, trying to PM you. Thanks.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

m5biemer, you trying to sell the Audi, too, or just your V?

m5biemer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Wagon, Audi RS4, Jeep SRT8

Just the V, audi is not for sale.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

4 Different Dealerships here in So Cal, Orange County pulled that on me. The first 3 wouldn't let me test drive so I kind of gave up on my first V, but 6 weeks after I looked at a Black one at Allen Cadillac the very same car shows up on Autotrader used. Went to see this 1,000 mile car one month old car, it was the very same car Allen refused the test drive so I bought it on the spot and I saved 10 Large! Thank you Allen Cadillac. When I went to Allen Cadillac, I was check book in hand, GM points in hand, my repeat buyer points in hand. I even helped my Mom buy a couple of Cadillacs there. One of the other Cadillac Dealerships had sold me numerous Caddy's over the years and would not allow me a test drive. The worst was the Dealership in Tustin, I drove my V1 in to have a look at a Manual Vagon. The dumbass salesman in the middle of speaking with me takes a sales call and walked away and didn't come back. And yes, I bought my wife's minivan at that very same Tustin dealership that refused me a test drive. They remembered me when I walked in, I'm the guy that bought a minivan with an American Express Card. I'm a repeat customer, I showed up in a V and they shooed me away. Kinda wish they hadn't, I'd probably have bought that Vagon instead of this stupid Trailblazer SS.

hoontang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Wagon OBM 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by m5biemer View Post
    OP, please clear your inbox, trying to PM you. Thanks.
    cleared, sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    m5biemer, you trying to sell the Audi, too, or just your V?
    I will be selling my Audi RS4 once I decide on a V, prob in next 2-3 months.

Champ203 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

So i finish eating lunch with a client and as I'm pulling out of the restaurant I see a 2011 V parked in front of the Cadillac previously enjoyed lot. I stop by long enough to pull the particulars off the window sticker and leave for the safety of a big parking lot to pull quotes online and research that particular VIN. back to the dealership in my blue jeans, dress shirt, and 2013 Elentra. Salesmen with the short straw gets to burn his up on me and 2 hours later we are both laughing over the fact that none of those guys thought I'd buy. Test drive was no problem and the salesman learned a valuable lesson - don't look in someone else's pocket.... You just never know who owns a business and how much disposable income they have. Taking delivery today....

Peace,
    Don

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    F... ya. Congrats.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.