Scalloped Tire Wear Revisited
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Scalloped Tire Wear Revisited in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Posted this problem about two years ago when I had to replace the front tires because of inner scalloped wear.The ...
    sotxmike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Scalloped Tire Wear Revisited

Posted this problem about two years ago when I had to replace the front tires because of inner scalloped wear.The forum consensus at the time was this was normal based on the way the suspension was set up by Cadillac. Tires had 32K on them which isn't bad. But there is a lot of wear left on the middle/outside of the tires. Alignment and shocks have all been checked and are fine. Just went through the second set of tires . Same Problem. So is this problem fixable by changing the front alignment specs? Running stock Michelins. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    I had the opposite, my front OUTER edge wore out faster than the middle and inner aspect.
    This makes more sense given the weight of the car and the location of tread wear on aggressive turns...

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Re: Scalloped Tire Wear Revisited

32,000 miles on PS2's on a V2????????

Call Guinness!!!!!!!!

Mine are at the wear indicators at 20K and no problems. There was a poll here on the forum somewhere. Most change their tires at 10K - 15K.

I want to say that there is no problem with your car and the uneven wear you are seeing is just the nature of the beast.

But with all those miles, go to a dealership or shop that has a HUNTER alignment machine. Ask. Insist. Or google image search for it and you'll be able to tell real quick when you look in their shop.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Scalloped Tire Wear Revisited

I wouldn't complain with 32k miles on PS2s. That is significantly past their usual lifetime. The last set of front tires I wore out on my last V (09) had wearing on the outside, despite stock alignment, checked twice. The odd thing is that my rears had significant life left at the time. Others on the forum reported the same and so it was felt, as noted above, to be a normal phenomenon for this car. If you find an alignment setting that gets rid of this, do let us know!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.