Remote fob
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Remote fob in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Went to dinner in the V the other night with no problems with my remote fob. I come out and ...
    setherman5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2011

Remote fob

Went to dinner in the V the other night with no problems with my remote fob. I come out and the remote is not working. So I inserted the fob in the center consol armrest slot and got the car to start to get home. Went to a locksmith to have my fob tested and he went to check the battery and there was a tiny resistor floating around in the casing. He said that it might be able to be soldered in by someone who does micro electronics. First, do you thing thats possible? And second, the car is 2 years old, is that warranty? Worst case scenario, how much us a new fob?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by setherman5000 View Post
    Went to dinner in the V the other night with no problems with my remote fob. I come out and the remote is not working. So I inserted the fob in the center consol armrest slot and got the car to start to get home. Went to a locksmith to have my fob tested and he went to check the battery and there was a tiny resistor floating around in the casing. He said that it might be able to be soldered in by someone who does micro electronics. First, do you thing thats possible? And second, the car is 2 years old, is that warranty? Worst case scenario, how much us a new fob?
    Fob is covered by warranty. Had mine replaced once because the case was cracked.

Black'10CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '08 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '00 STS

Re: Remote fob

It is covered under warranty and I believe the price for a new fob is around $350.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

They replaced a fob because it was cracked....I find that hard to believe, perhaps I'll have to look into this. I still have my extra one in mint condition, but the one I actually use has seen better days.

BklynEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I have a 2012 coupe.My remote cracked. The dealer replaced it under warranty.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Mine is cracked, I want a new key fob!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ptrd View Post
    Mine is cracked, I want a new key fob!
    I am sorry you have a cracked key fob, ptrd. If you would like me to look into your situation and see what your dealer can do for you, please let me know. Private message me and include your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name and location of your dealer.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hello setherman5000,

I am sorry your remote fob is not working. Your vehicle Bumper to Bumper warranty is up to 4 years and 50,000 miles. The warranty expires when one of these parameters is met, whichever comes first. If you would like to further discuss your current situation, please contact me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    They replaced a fob because it was cracked....I find that hard to believe, perhaps I'll have to look into this. I still have my extra one in mint condition, but the one I actually use has seen better days.
    It's true. They did make me wait while they programmed it for me even though I said I didn't need them to. 30 minutes and I was on my way.

setherman5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2011
    I stopped by my dealer today and he said to bring my broken fob and my good one and he would give me another. They must need the good fob to program the new one.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

I had a broken fob replaced under warranty. The silver plastic on the top split and half fell off. Don't remember if they made me bring both fobs in or not.

I stopped by my dealer today and he said to bring my broken fob and my good one and he would give me another. They must need the good fob to program the new one.
    It isn't a requirement, but it makes the process much easier. Look in the manual. Entire procedure is explained in detail.

Hello setherman5000,

I am glad to hear that your dealership is replacing your broken fob! Be sure to let us know how the visit goes and thanks for keeping us updated regarding your situation.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rekctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You guys can go get a broken key fob replaced under warranty but yet I go and show them a door that will not unlock with the key fob or automatically, has to be unlocked manually by hand and they say sorry, warranty doesn't cover.
    Glad to see you guys can get the fobs replaced though.

Quote Originally Posted by rekctsv View Post

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You guys can go get a broken key fob replaced under warranty but yet I go and show them a door that will not unlock with the key fob or automatically, has to be unlocked manually by hand and they say sorry, warranty doesn't cover.
    Glad to see you guys can get the fobs replaced though.
    They are lying. Which part of bumper to bumper warranty does your dealer not understand? Find yourself a new one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.