Surprise Surprise OUR Cadillac Warranty is not what they say!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Surprise Surprise OUR Cadillac Warranty is not what they say!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I finally bought a 2010 CTS V a few weeks ago. OVerall very happy , very impressed with the ...
    09CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Surprise Surprise OUR Cadillac Warranty is not what they say!!

So I finally bought a 2010 CTS V a few weeks ago. OVerall very happy , very impressed with the car. That being said had a really disappointing and costly recent experience with some so called "warranty" work. I bought the car from a exotic car dealer that sells lots of these types of cars. Was a very long distance from where I live(10 hours) one way but its what I did to get it because it was the color I wanted ( thunder gray chromoflair) and the options I wanted so I went for it.

I did my research prior to buying it and pulled the car fax and even got a full print out from my friend at GM of all and any work ever done by a GM Dealer under warantee or service. Found out supercharger had just been replaced not long ago which at first scared me but then more I read was actually a better thing that it was already done and out of the way. Upon seeing/ driving the car in person at the dealer to accept it I found that left driverside had bad wheel bearing, two front tires were roasted down to the metal from a agressive alignment, front bumper had a crack from bumping something and need to be repainted from rock chips. Rest of the car seemed mint. After discussion with the dealer that the car wasnt what I was promised and eexpected for $40k he agreed to cut me a check for some money to offset the repairs it needed. Sounded fair and mechanically the car seemed solid so I agreed. Knowing also that I checked on Cadillacs web site for the waranty coverage and saw thatspecifically "wheel bearings" were covered under the drivetrain warranty. So I take the car, trailer it home, bring it to my local dealer I always work with for my other GM vehicles and they say yes its definately the wheel bearing BUT the code comes back as not covered! I said huh!! I said here is Cadillacs website and description of "2010 and under Cadillac CTS V" specifically says "wheel bearings, half shafts, bearing assemblies, rear diff...." all covered. I was bewildered.

So I jump on the phone and call them. Very nice people . I tell them my year, make, model and vin. She puts me on hold few minutes comes back and says yes sir its covered. I was even more confused. I said can you please call the dealer and inform them that it is covered. She offered to and put me on hold. Waiting 25 minutes on hold.....finally clicks over....says unfortunately she was mistaken and the warranty for CTS V coverage was changed in 2010. Several things have been eliminated. This was one of them. I am like you got to be kidding me. Your website says it is covered. You mean to tell me you havent updated your website in 4 years !!!. She said no unfortunately we have not thats why we ask you to call. I said then what IS my warantee. She said well you can check with us. I said no I want it in writing . She said not possible. I was blown away.

So end of the day she felt bad and agreed to pay the labor part and I had to pay for the part $420 with tax etc.!!! I did appreciate that much and was thankful . But I am still so disgusted I bought a car thinking I have a warantee in case something went wrong and now I do not!!!

I asked her to elaborate on what other deletions there were and there were a TON. no more half shafts, no more differential coverage, nothing for wheel bearings, nothing for drive shafts, no seals and gaskets ......list goes on and on. YEt I cannot get it in writing and they still have to this day the warantee on there website that has all the things listed it covers which is doesnt.

Isnt there a law against misrepresentation? If someone offers a warantee when a car is produced how can they come back and change it later after the fact and especially not notify anyone. That is such Bs. Cant say how extremely disappointed I am with that . It was one of the main selling points buying this car with this mileage knowing mechanically it was covered atleast.

I still love the car and look forward to enjoying it for many years but extremely disappointed that they can misrepresent a warranty like that and be subjective to what they want to cover and not. I thank the representative that atleast tried to make it up somewhat and cover the labor but I am disappointed at Cadillac for there misrepresentation. Any one else aware that they dont have the coverage they thought they did??

If I could do work for homeowners like I do and then tell them when they call me up " sorry I changed my warantee after I did you job and I no longer cover anything" people would be furious. Where is the they integrity these days anymore!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Houdini is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Re: Surprise Surprise OUR Cadillac Warranty is not what they say!!

Weird, plenty have had stuff like that replaced under warranty no questions asked... lots of rear diffs and seals.

DCV
    DCV is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

If the alignment was way out of spec on propose then yes its been modded and why should they cover that? Putting in an extreme alignment will cause undue stress on the drive train and wheel bearings. It probably has way too much negative camber and toe-in I'm guessing. I would never buy a car from a guido at a "high end" exotic place......Thats where modded cars get dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    If the alignment was way out of spec on propose then yes its been modded and why should they cover that? Putting in an extreme alignment will cause undue stress on the drive train and wheel bearings. It probably has way too much negative camber and toe-in I'm guessing. I would never buy a car from a guido at a "high end" exotic place......Thats where modded cars get dumped.
    Boy couldnt be more wrong about that! Tires were the original tires from the car. 55k miles. When I say alignment was out I should rephrase and say first off it was just tracking left because it hadnt been aligned in a while. But the tires were mainly shot because of mileage. So that is not going to cause a car with 55k miles to have a wheel bearing go thats supposed to be able to handle 1G in corners. It was a defective part

Car was not modded. Original plugs, original tires. All highway miles. I have already dug into it and all parts on car are original. Just someone who traveled alot. So dont be so quick to make judgments .

All i am stating is to advise all you guys that warantees for our 2009 up V's are not what is posted. Just wondering if anyone ran across the same issues

DCV

That stuff is covered under the GM extended warranty that I bought. I see that it's at 55 k miles. I think hats past the mileage limit? Is it 48k miles?

That stuff is covered under the GM extended warranty that I bought. I see that it's at 55 k miles. I think hats past the mileage limit? Is it 48k miles?
    Nope its covered supposedly under the regular drivetrain waranty. Maybe you bought an aftermarket warranty.

5 years or 100,000 miles on 2012 and older cars on drivetrain. 4 year 50,000 on bumper to bumper.

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/warranty.html

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

FWIW, & IMHO, the highest mileage original tires on the V's that I have heard of and seen documented on the forums is about 33K miles.
    FLTRI likes this.

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by 09CTSV
    Tires were the original tires from the car. 55k miles.
    Brother, I wouldn't take that bet. As for the others, that's strange considering hundreds of cars made after 2010 have had many of these parts replaced...under warranty. There is more to this story you may not be privy to. That's the sad part.
    tinman likes this.

DCV

I have the GM Protection Plus plan.....and wheel bearings are NOT excluded. Alignment is excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    FWIW, & IMHO, the highest mileage original tires on the V's that I have heard of and seen documented on the forums is about 33K miles.
    I could be wrong but when removed the tires had inside them blue writing " CTS V" written in them from GM. It was my understanding that was how GM identified the tires in the production line that were for the CTS V easily so there was no confusion. Either way they needed to be replaced and I replaced them. At my cost.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    Brother, I wouldn't take that bet. As for the others, that's strange considering hundreds of cars made after 2010 have had many of these parts replaced...under warranty. There is more to this story you may not be privy to. That's the sad part.
    I would love to see proof from one forum member that a wheel bearing, hub bearing, half shalf or differential was replaced on any CTS V within the last 3 months under warranty that was a 2009 or 2010. Would be ecstatic. Then I could go back to Cadillac and discuss.

Trust me I spent quite a bit of time on the phone talking to 2 different reps and got the same answer. If there is something you know that I dont please inform me.

----------

I have the GM Protection Plus plan.....and wheel bearings are NOT excluded. Alignment is excluded.
    Ahh I see. So that was add on availiable through GM?

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Had a rear hub replaced on mine. It was making a popping noise accelerating from a stop after moderate braking. Also had the rear shocks done at the same time. Also had my diff replaced less than a year ago.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

55K miles on OEM Michelins in a 556HP performance vehicle that was never babied?

Or someone pulled the OEM wheels/tires off after a few thousand miles, switched to aftermarket wheels/tires for 40,000 "easy" miles... of unadulterated fun - and then swapped the OEM wheels/Tires back onto the car before dumping it?

Which one is more plausible, and more likely? Hmmm....

Where's that Unicorn gif I had laying around here...?

DCV

GM Protection Plus was bought when I got the car last DEcember. Its a GM extended warranty that covers most things but paint, trim, plastic interior, belts, spark plugs, hoses, brake pads and rotors.....wear items. The wheel bearings, transmission, supercharger, shocks, and items like that are covered. I mean I could copy the whole thing and post it. Thats why I bought it from GM and not an aftermarket like Fidelity....whiich hates to play claims.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Search the forum - lots of people have had the rear diff replaced, worked on etc. I can't say about wheel bearings. Some people have had the shocks replaced under warranty, and I'd say thats more of a wear item than the bearings....

Are you sure there isn't a warranty block on certain parts of your car based on its VIN history?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

this was just discussed in the SRX forum
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...isleading.html

from what I understand the one and only official in-writing version of the warranty is the warranty booklet that comes with the car new in the owners manual pouch with the owners manual

i don't think that you can get re-prints of these booklets (maybe you can but you'd have to check with Helm http://helminc.com )

as for the warranty it appears that it was degraded around 2009 or 2010 and then changed again back to what it was before
    (or similar at least... read through that thread in the SRX forum for the details)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.