How much more headroom do you get in car w/o sun roof?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FLTRI
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How much more headroom do you get in car w/o sun roof? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have a V coupe and constantly hit my head against the headliner and I'm under 6-1 and the seat ...
    Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

How much more headroom do you get in car w/o sun roof?

I have a V coupe and constantly hit my head against the headliner and I'm under 6-1 and the seat is all the way down.

I was just wondering how much more room can be obtained in a coupe w/o the sun roof especially since I never use it.

Is there anyone who wants to take mine out and replace it with a steel roof? lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Re: How much more headroom do you get in car w/o sun roof?

I'm about the same height (no sunroof) and if I lowered my seat to its lowest setting, I would still have about 4-5 inches clearance to the ceiling. I have my seat elevated slightly for better visibility with a few inches to spare.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

There was a thread around here about 6 months ago where a member took two V's (sedans, I think) and measured the difference. Sunroof vs. none, stock seats vs. Recaros. I think the seats were about 1/4" and the sunroof about an inch. I think...
    Stretch likes this.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I'm not a tall person, and I like to sit higher and more upright in the car. I don't have much clearance. I couldn't imagine what it would be like with the sunroof. The seats will sit pretty low though, so there is probably room to get used to either position. I think the bigger question is, do you want the sunroof/vent, and possible leak headaches for a sunroof that doesn't even open all the way. At least in the sedan, it might be worth the risk.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    There was a thread around here about 6 months ago where a member took two V's (sedans, I think) and measured the difference. Sunroof vs. none, stock seats vs. Recaros. I think the seats were about 1/4" and the sunroof about an inch. I think...
    I remember that post. I think it was 1.1 inches of head room.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    that was me - search my user name for the thread. That inch or so "feels" like more.

OldRoadDawg is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.