Feeling ripped off by Cadillac Dealer in NC
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Feeling ripped off by Cadillac Dealer in NC in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I recently found a 2011 CTS-V sedan advertised at Rogers Cadillac in Shelby, North Carolina that had 10,000 miles on ...
    H8RADR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 11 CTS-V

Angry Feeling ripped off by Cadillac Dealer in NC

I recently found a 2011 CTS-V sedan advertised at Rogers Cadillac in Shelby, North Carolina that had 10,000 miles on it. I called and spoke to the sales manager (Chad Owen) and told him because I was in Canada, I would not come and see the car, but need an accurate description on the condition of it. I was told the car needed nothing, and that until recently it was in their showroom. I asked if it had been smoked in, and if they had both sets of keys. I was told "no" on the smoke and "yes" on the keys. We agreed on a price, and I wired the funds down in full for the car based on his description of the car "needing nothing". I flew down about a week later with my 12 year old son who was excited to get the car. They were nice enough to pick me up at the hotel in Charlotte because we flew down the night before. Upon arriving at the
    dealership, i took a look at the car which was outside in the rain. The two rear tires were bald. They were right at the wear bars. (forgot to mention, after I paid for it, I was told it had 11,300 miles on it, not the 10,000 that were advertised). I expressed my concern to Chad on the condition of the tires, and told him they need to be replaced. He inspected them and said "your right, they are finished". You guys know these PS2's are $500 each, so its a $1000 issue. I would have had no problem if I was told about them, and could have adjusted my offer accordingly. Long story short, I was told he would look into and contact the owner. He told me a car should not leave their store like that, and I agreed. After many telephone attempts to the owner of the dealership (Amy I believe her name is) I received NO calls back from her, and was finally informed by Chad that they would not be doing anything. I find it terrible that a Cadillac dealer would treat a customer like this. I was deceived on the condition of the car, and should be reimbursed for the two tires I needed to replace right away. The sales manager told me "you only asked about the keys and if it had been smoked in"...........Thank god it had doors and a windshield in it when i got there, I forget to ask if those things were there. I have reached out to Cadillac shortly after this happened and they did not get back to me. This is also very frustrating. Its hard to buy American when stuff like this happens!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    That's unacceptable. And as far as I know, a licensed dealer cannot sell a car in a condition in which it will not pass safety inspection. I'm not sure if the buyer being from Canada changes that, but they know they would have had to replace them if the buyer lived in the U.S. But that's besides the point, they should replace them anyway, legalities aside.

Call Cadillac Customer Care again, and ask to talk to the agent that will be in direct contact with the selling dealer.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Re: Feeling ripped off by Cadillac Dealer in NC

Agree with the above + I'd file a complaint with our BBB. Here's a link: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started
    cadillacricket likes this.

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

Thats part of the issue buying any used car from afar. Unfortunately, they probably won't do much for you as they know you'll never return and furthermore, the car was exported out of the USA. All you can do is chalk this up to a learning session and next time, wire them price -$5000 and then pay the $5K on your credit card oonce your satisfied with what you see.

Also, the dealer doesn't pay the retail $500/tire so they should have been understanding and made an attempt to work out a better deal.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    You can still back out of the deal (or at least threaten to do so) and they must give your money back...

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Also contact the NC dealers commission, they will take action if the tires are not able to pass their state inspection laws, that's crazy.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Sorry to hear of your disappointment, and although hindsight is much easier than foresight,
    Never buy sight unseen, never pay full in advance, never trust a dealer you don't know.
    If it were me, I would have asked a "local to the car" member to check it out for me, and
    offer to pay for those services.
    to me, dealers are not considered trustworthy by me until I have found out otherwise.
    Again, very sorry to hear of your experience.

thanks for the replies guys. Its pretty difficult to buy a car in the US to bring to Canada without paying for it in advance. If I bring a certified bank draft, they hold the title for weeks until the draft clears. Regardless, you would think that a Cadillac dealer would hold themselves accountable (I am sure most do) and to a higher
    level of customer service. I have noticed that Cadillac reviews and comments on some of the posts here in this forum, and I am hoping they will contact me with regards to this. Because the car was not going on the road in NC, I am not sure if they need to pass NC inspection. The reality is I was standing there, with my 12 year old son, car was paid for in full. They knew I would not go back to the airport and spend the money to fly back home again. They knew they did not have to do anything......I was stuck. What made me the maddest is that the dealer owner did not give me the courtesy to return any phone calls or emails. Not very professional in my opinion. Watch out for the ROGERS group of dealers in Shelby!!!

taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

I'm glad from post one you mentioned the dealer by name. Far too often, nonsense like this is listed as "a dealer in this area..." Somehow, people think naming names will backfire on them. If people get out in front of this stuff every time, I think it would slow a bit......

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by H8RADR View Post
    I recently found a 2011 CTS-V sedan advertised at Rogers Cadillac in Shelby, North Carolina that had 10,000 miles on it. I called and spoke to the sales manager (Chad Owen) and told him because I was in Canada, I would not come and see the car, but need an accurate description on the condition of it. I was told the car needed nothing, and that until recently it was in their showroom. I asked if it had been smoked in, and if they had both sets of keys. I was told "no" on the smoke and "yes" on the keys. We agreed on a price, and I wired the funds down in full for the car based on his description of the car "needing nothing". I flew down about a week later with my 12 year old son who was excited to get the car. They were nice enough to pick me up at the hotel in Charlotte because we flew down the night before. Upon arriving at the
    dealership, i took a look at the car which was outside in the rain. The two rear tires were bald. They were right at the wear bars. (forgot to mention, after I paid for it, I was told it had 11,300 miles on it, not the 10,000 that were advertised). I expressed my concern to Chad on the condition of the tires, and told him they need to be replaced. He inspected them and said "your right, they are finished". You guys know these PS2's are $500 each, so its a $1000 issue. I would have had no problem if I was told about them, and could have adjusted my offer accordingly. Long story short, I was told he would look into and contact the owner. He told me a car should not leave their store like that, and I agreed. After many telephone attempts to the owner of the dealership (Amy I believe her name is) I received NO calls back from her, and was finally informed by Chad that they would not be doing anything. I find it terrible that a Cadillac dealer would treat a customer like this. I was deceived on the condition of the car, and should be reimbursed for the two tires I needed to replace right away. The sales manager told me "you only asked about the keys and if it had been smoked in"...........Thank god it had doors and a windshield in it when i got there, I forget to ask if those things were there. I have reached out to Cadillac shortly after this happened and they did not get back to me. This is also very frustrating. Its hard to buy American when stuff like this happens!!!!
    Hello H8RADR,

I apologize that you had this experience and that your agent has not gotten back to you in regards to this issue with your dealership. Did your agent give you a case number when you called? If you were to private message me your name, contact info, VIN, and dealership you worked with I would be more than happy to look into this situation for you. If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach out to us at socialmedia@gm.com. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG/LAURA” and include a link to this thread so we can reference your post. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    RapidRob likes this.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

At least they should make you only pay their wholesale price for the tires and give you free mounting.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Quote Originally Posted by H8RADR View Post
    thanks for the replies guys. Its pretty difficult to buy a car in the US to bring to Canada without paying for it in advance. If I bring a certified bank draft, they hold the title for weeks until the draft clears. Regardless, you would think that a Cadillac dealer would hold themselves accountable (I am sure most do) and to a higher
    level of customer service. I have noticed that Cadillac reviews and comments on some of the posts here in this forum, and I am hoping they will contact me with regards to this. Because the car was not going on the road in NC, I am not sure if they need to pass NC inspection. The reality is I was standing there, with my 12 year old son, car was paid for in full. They knew I would not go back to the airport and spend the money to fly back home again. They knew they did not have to do anything......I was stuck. What made me the maddest is that the dealer owner did not give me the courtesy to return any phone calls or emails. Not very professional in my opinion. Watch out for the ROGERS group of dealers in Shelby!!!
    Made me think of National Lampoons Vacation.

Your original post read like; After you made payment they spent 1,300 miles burning the tires off it.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

You made the first mistake in used car shopping: you trusted the salesman.

Second rule of used car shopping: you didnt get detailed photos prior to payment.

Third rule of used car shopping: you were unhappy with the car, paid in full AND drove it off the lot without ANY written contract for remedial action by the dealer!

From a legal perspective, i dont think you have a proverbial pot to piss in now. They can argue you did smokey burn-outs all the way to Canada throwing bags of milk out the window the whole way. Passing state inspection *might* get you somewhere - if you took photos on the dealer lot or if the internet ad is still up? Now its their word against yours and you're probably SOL.... unless someone charitably steps in on your behalf.

dealerships are private businesses, and only casually present Cadillac as a company. Sorry to hear you got snookered, but I think they knew they had you from the get-go and probably cancelled the tires aleeady on order (and you're probably SOL)
    neuronbob likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Where the F*** is Shelby?

44 miles West of Charlotte.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.