Be careful! Low engine oil pressure warning.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Be careful! Low engine oil pressure warning. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Last Wednesday I cranked my car and got the, "Low Engine Oil Pressure, Shut off engine immediately" warning. I turned ...
    rekctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Be careful! Low engine oil pressure warning.

Last Wednesday I cranked my car and got the, "Low Engine Oil Pressure, Shut off engine immediately" warning. I turned off the car and checked it to make sure it had plenty of oil which it did. I called the dealership and they thought it was more than likely a sensor, ensure it is full of oil and bring it in so they can check it out. I check the oil a second time and take off, listening to the engine for unusual noises.

Initially, I was told it is not a sensor but the oil pump was going bad and would be replaced under warranty. I'm thinking, great I will have the car back in a week.
    Got a phone call today saying the entire engine now needs to be replaced due to the amount of metal found in the oil pan.

Just wanted to say be careful if you get that warning. There is a Technical Service Bulletin out there that has about 10 GM vehicles on it that includes the V2's that says if customers complain of this warning it is probably a sensor. In my case, it wasn't.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

uptownvinc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTV-V
    Quote Originally Posted by rekctsv
    Last Wednesday I cranked my car and got the, "Low Engine Oil Pressure, Shut off engine immediately" warning. I turned off the car and checked it to make sure it had plenty of oil which it did. I called the dealership and they thought it was more than likely a sensor, ensure it is full of oil and bring it in so they can check it out. I check the oil a second time and take off, listening to the engine for unusual noises.

Initially, I was told it is not a sensor but the oil pump was going bad and would be replaced under warranty. I'm thinking, great I will have the car back in a week.
    Got a phone call today saying the entire engine now needs to be replaced due to the amount of metal found in the oil pan.

Just wanted to say be careful if you get that warning. There is a Technical Service Bulletin out there that has about 10 GM vehicles on it that includes the V2's that says if customers complain of this warning it is probably a sensor. In my case, it wasn't.
    Cant believe it. Where did the metal come from. What was grinded so badly?

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: Be careful! Low engine oil pressure warning.

Damn, ugly!

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I'm assuming they are covering this all under warranty?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rekctsv View Post

Hello rekctsv,

I apologize that in your case it wasn’t just a sensor that failed and that your engine will need replacing. I am glad that your service department did their due diligence and were able to locate the issue. Please continue to keep us updated and if you would like to discuss your concern further with us, feel free to private message us as well. Thank you very much for your time. We will be looking for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Wow, that's a bummer, it sounds like the car must be out of warranty too since it's a 2009, that sucks. I think that's poor advice that dealer gave, if I saw something like a light on I want to get a pressure gauge on the car before I ran the motor anymore.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

How many miles, and how many runs down the drag strip ?

rekctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by uptownvinc View Post
    Cant believe it. Where did the metal come from. What was grinded so badly?
    I don't know but will try to find out when I go back.

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    I'm assuming they are covering this all under warranty?
    Yes, all under warranty. Dealership has been great too. They have me riding in a 2014 Escalade and while I miss the V, I'm loving the Escalade. Kids want me to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    How many miles, and how many runs down the drag strip ?
    I bought it Certified Pre-owned with 35k on it so I can't speak on its history. It now has 50k and I have never taken it down the strip or been to a road course even though I would like to eventually. I took my V1 to a road course a few times.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.