New guy here...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New guy here... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hello, new guy to the forum although I've been scrolling through the existing pages for weeks. Recently picked up a ...
    347strokin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11' CTS V sedan - 08' Audi S6

New guy here...

Hello, new guy to the forum although I've been scrolling through the existing pages for weeks.

Recently picked up a white 2011 V sedan with 20,000kms. She's minty fresh and a blast to drive. We came from an 08' V10 S6 which we loved dearly but it ended badly in hail damage.

My plans with the V are to black out the grills, add some light window tint, and aftermarket black rims. I'll prob leave the stance alone for now. Although I'm a gearhead and horsepower junkie I'll be leaving the powertrain stock as she's fast enough for now and has powertrain warranty for years to come.

Some stark differerences between the two cars:

The CTS V is obviously hands down the faster car and outhandles the big Audi easy. There really is no comparison in the performance aspect of these cars.
    The S6 was a roomier car, much quieter interior in regards to road noise and the exhaust noise from that car was pure sex. But the FSI V10's suffered big time from carbon issues and my car felt nowhere near what 435hp should be.

We've only had the CTS V a few weeks now and have enjoyed every minute with it. We will also be throwing winter rubber on and enjoy it on an as needed basis in the colder months.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: New guy here...

Here are some before and after pics of the ole Audi. It was a sad day in my household. The car ended up needing $23,000 in repairs. They had to cut the roof out and also replaced every body panel on the car as the dents were too deep in the aluminum to pull. We tried to get them to write the car off but they wouldn't. Too bad.
    Attached Images

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

That must have been some hail.
    You will enjoy the V much better and it will not be long before mods will begin.
    Welcome.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Congrats my man.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

The direct injection carbon issues make me want to keep my nice old school LSA for the next 20 years.

Welcome.

Thanks guys. These cars are rocketships and bombproof. It's fun being back into a RWD car too.

----------

And yes, I'm sure the mod bug will bite soon enough.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Club Malibu View Post
    The direct injection carbon issues make me want to keep my nice old school LSA for the next 20 years.

Welcome.
    There was a guy on an Audi forum that gained 50awhp once he had his valves cleaned up on his S6. It was confirmed and documented on a dyno. That's crazy. Mine definitely had the tell tale signs with rough running on cold startup with a slight miss, brutal fuel economy, and power loss.

Definitely looking forward to quality time with the LSA.
    Club Malibu likes this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Only 435hp on those S6s?

Just wee little guys.
    435hp and 390tq.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

I will never own another Audi with DI until they have proven the carbon problems have been solved. So far every DI engine they make has problems....and Audi will not fix it. All hail to port injection!!
    Club Malibu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    I will never own another Audi with DI until they have proven the carbon problems have been solved. So far every DI engine they make has problems....and Audi will not fix it. All hail to port injection!!
    Amen brotha!

Ratz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V wagon on order

Looks more like meteorite damage...
    I'm not sure I'd want a modern car back after an incident like that - roof resectioned, all new skins and panels... You just know a repair of that magnitude will come back and bite you- some way, somehow.

But that last pic in the block of the new CTS V pictures, with the twin black stripes says it all...

Also agree that the overall robust generally trouble free nature of this motor/gearbox combo and overall platform was a big point in my buying decision.

Ratz

Ratz

Quote Originally Posted by Ratz View Post
    Looks more like meteorite damage...
    I'm not sure I'd want a modern car back after an incident like that - roof resectioned, all new skins and panels... You just know a repair of that magnitude will come back and bite you- some way, somehow.

But that last pic in the block of the new CTS V pictures, with the twin black stripes says it all...

Also agree that the overall robust generally trouble free nature of this motor/gearbox combo and overall platform was a big point in my buying decision.

Ratz

Ratz
    You know what the worst part about it all was? The crappy paint job. I was absolutley amazed at the rest of the work done. The gaps were perfect on the sheetmetal and doors, no creaks or rattles inside etc. But when I picked up the car from the shop, the black was already swirled and had a hologram effect on the drivers side. And I could see scrathes from where they dragged their extension cord on the polisher over and around the car. I complained and ended up bringing the car back in 3 times to be waxed and cut/polished. The paint still sucked so I contacted my insurance company to have a look at it. They did an appraisal and said the paint was within acceptable industry standards. Idiots, anyways, I couldn't stand looking at the car anymore. She had to go. Lost a good deal of money because of the whole fiasco too.

Oh well, as you said, the black stripes say it all now.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by 347strokin
    Here are some before and after pics of the ole Audi. It was a sad day in my household. The car ended up needing $23,000 in repairs. They had to cut the roof out and also replaced every body panel on the car as the dents were too deep in the aluminum to pull. We tried to get them to write the car off but they wouldn't. Too bad.
    I think I'd've puked on myself. Seriously. Wow.

V-Horse is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

347Strokin, Where do you live? I've never seen hail damage this bad. Great choice getting the V, it's an awesome car, enjoy!

That happened in Calgary, Alberta. It was a good one. Ruined a lot of people's shingles too! I live near Kelowna, BC now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.