Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New guy here...

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  RaVeNous 
#1 ·
Hello, new guy to the forum although I've been scrolling through the existing pages for weeks.

Recently picked up a white 2011 V sedan with 20,000kms. She's minty fresh and a blast to drive. We came from an 08' V10 S6 which we loved dearly but it ended badly in hail damage.

My plans with the V are to black out the grills, add some light window tint, and aftermarket black rims. I'll prob leave the stance alone for now. Although I'm a gearhead and horsepower junkie I'll be leaving the powertrain stock as she's fast enough for now and has powertrain warranty for years to come. :thumbsup:

Some stark differerences between the two cars:

The CTS V is obviously hands down the faster car and outhandles the big Audi easy. There really is no comparison in the performance aspect of these cars.
The S6 was a roomier car, much quieter interior in regards to road noise and the exhaust noise from that car was pure sex. But the FSI V10's suffered big time from carbon issues and my car felt nowhere near what 435hp should be.

We've only had the CTS V a few weeks now and have enjoyed every minute with it. We will also be throwing winter rubber on and enjoy it on an as needed basis in the colder months.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are some before and after pics of the ole Audi. It was a sad day in my household. The car ended up needing $23,000 in repairs. They had to cut the roof out and also replaced every body panel on the car as the dents were too deep in the aluminum to pull. We tried to get them to write the car off but they wouldn't. Too bad. :(

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
Looks more like meteorite damage...
I'm not sure I'd want a modern car back after an incident like that - roof resectioned, all new skins and panels... You just know a repair of that magnitude will come back and bite you- some way, somehow.

But that last pic in the block of the new CTS V pictures, with the twin black stripes says it all...

Also agree that the overall robust generally trouble free nature of this motor/gearbox combo and overall platform was a big point in my buying decision.

Ratz

Ratz

#12 ·
You know what the worst part about it all was? The crappy paint job. I was absolutley amazed at the rest of the work done. The gaps were perfect on the sheetmetal and doors, no creaks or rattles inside etc. But when I picked up the car from the shop, the black was already swirled and had a hologram effect on the drivers side. And I could see scrathes from where they dragged their extension cord on the polisher over and around the car. I complained and ended up bringing the car back in 3 times to be waxed and cut/polished. The paint still sucked so I contacted my insurance company to have a look at it. They did an appraisal and said the paint was within acceptable industry standards. Idiots, anyways, I couldn't stand looking at the car anymore. She had to go. Lost a good deal of money because of the whole fiasco too.

Oh well, as you said, the black stripes say it all now.

#13 ·
347strokin said:
Here are some before and after pics of the ole Audi. It was a sad day in my household. The car ended up needing $23,000 in repairs. They had to cut the roof out and also replaced every body panel on the car as the dents were too deep in the aluminum to pull. We tried to get them to write the car off but they wouldn't. Too bad. :(
I think I'd've puked on myself. Seriously. Wow.

#18 ·
I remember in the old V1 forums some goob who had a monumental exit out of here and was buying an Audi RS4(which I really do like, BTW). Burning every bridge on the way out.

Someone later found out his RS4 was having major problems and how Audi wasn't much help. His name was toysnob here, if anyone wanted to search...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.