The vagon gets respect.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, The vagon gets respect. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; A friend suggested I take my V wagon to a local car show that was featuring late model muscle cars. ...
    vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon, 6M, Corsa Sports

The vagon gets respect.

A friend suggested I take my V wagon to a local car show that was featuring late model muscle cars. I was interested just to hear any comments or possibly meet another V owner. I wasn't sure I would enter but it was free, so I did. All I did as prep was wash the car and remove all the camping and fishing equipment. The ugly neoprene seat covers that protect the seats from wet bathing suits, the engine cover and the rear protective liner remained. Entered were forty or fifty domestic cars featuring Challengers, Mustangs and Vetts predominantly (no Camaros) all exquisitely detailed. No Caddys. There was lots of interest in my car - a lot of "it's a Cadillac" mutterings and "Cadillac makes a wagon?". I was kept busy answering questions. Just like in the real world people either knew all about or nothing about the car. In the end I actually won a trophy for second place. First went to a ten year old Z06 with only 3000 miles, obviously a show car. The V is a show stopper, as is, with little prep. If I were to do it again I'd present it a little better and post some of the stats in the window.

A quick story, not to start a new topic. I few cars had catch cans. A Challenger had the same brand as mine on a beautifully spotless chromed and painted engine. I asked how much oil it collected and he said there's never any in it so he never opens the drain. I replied that either it's full or not properly installed as I empty four ounces from mine every 800 miles. He proceeded to open the drain holding a bottle cap under it. Oil poured out over the lower engine and A/C compressor, hopefully missing the belt. Then the rags came out and serious wiping ensued. As I apologized and walked off I heard a friend ask what happened. He replied "this thing has oil in it."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Re: The vagon gets respect.

Any pics? Congrats on 2nd place.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Congrats! The Vagon is indeed respected.

Hopefully you taught the Chally owner proper management of a catch can.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Ya my Black Diamond V Wagon really turned a lot of heads.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.