I swear I searched...please tell me where the coupe floor jacking points are?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I swear I searched...please tell me where the coupe floor jacking points are? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I searched and heard 10 different answers, all seem contradictory, or for sedans and wagons. Can someone please tell me ...
    Bcfd113 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I swear I searched...please tell me where the coupe floor jacking points are?

I searched and heard 10 different answers, all seem contradictory, or for sedans and wagons. Can someone please tell me where the jack points are for coupes? I just want to clean my wheels and calipers. Thanks in advance team.

A picture would be fabulous if possible... Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Life@60 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Opulent Blue Metallic Coupe

Re: I swear I searched...please tell me where the coupe floor jacking points are?

Owners manual is your best source to look that up. It is in section 10 of it.

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

Re: I swear I searched...please tell me where the coupe floor jacking points are?

So the jacking points on the sedan and coupe r the same?

baabootoo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Isn't it in the owners manual????????? The "V" notches in the body panel underside........

Dark Sarcasm is offline Cadillac Owners Member

After jacking the car from the jack points where would I put the jack stands? Or should I jack the car from another location and place the jack stands under the jacking points? where is another good point to jack from for placing the jack stands?

I don't see that in the manual!!!!??????

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    Isn't it in the owners manual????????? The "V" notches in the body panel underside........
    Says the owner of a 2009 sedan. There are no "v" notches on my coupe. Thanks for the educated response.

baabootoo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Your welcome! Anyway, look for the solid areas under the floor pan; maybe 3" from each wheel well, and another 6" further. I use a 4" x 4" piece of wood in my floor jack so it sits nice and flat, w/o scratching the underside. This area is behind the rocker panels too in about 6" from the outer edge of the body.

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    Your welcome! Anyway, look for the solid areas under the floor pan; maybe 3" from each wheel well, and another 6" further. I use a 4" x 4" piece of wood in my floor jack so it sits nice and flat, w/o scratching the underside. This area is behind the rocker panels too in about 6" from the outer edge of the body.
    10-4 brother. Thanks. That what Ill do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.