Cadillac has an opportunity here - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac has an opportunity here in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I disagree with that, I think if you raced both a V Wagon and a 2012-13 E63 Amg Wagon on ...
    1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Cadillac has an opportunity here

I disagree with that, I think if you raced both a V Wagon and a 2012-13 E63 Amg Wagon on a race course the AMG would come out ahead, nobody to my knowledge has done it, just subjective comments that the V felt more planted or whatever, you put both these cars stock for stock at a place like Nurburgring in Germany the AMG would win, it would accelerate faster out of the corners, accelerate faster at the higher speeds, just accelerate faster all together and in the corners it pulls better G's than the V, it would definitely win. Everything talked about was strickly talk because I think Cadillac spent more advertisement money. Somebody show me a circle track race with these two cars pitted against each other, you won't find it, not even the Amg Sedan against the V Sedan. There's some drag racing Videos though, in each case the AMG Twin Turbo smoked the V by around 1/2 second in the quarter mile. I know this to be true, the best time I got out of my 2013 V wagon was a 12.68 on a really good night. I've run a 12.1 with my AMG already.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I don't care how fast the car is. Benz wagons are as ugly as you are a troll.

Glad you're in love with your car. It doesn't handle better, it doesn't ride better, it doesn't brake better, and it's steering sucks. They are quite quick however. On paper they are really so close in performance as to be a drivers race, and a drivers preference unless the AMG is in 'S' trim. As stated, I think they are butt ugly. The Audi S Wagons are my favorite personally.

I like AMG cars a lot. I don't like the price. The looks are so so. Interiors on the 2012 on up are nice materials and boring styling, although the CLS is heads above the C and E. I'd never own one out of warranty, and I bet a modded V has much more potential and doesn't look like everything on the road.

Now the CLS, that's a pretty car.

V-Horse is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Cool, go enjoy your Fahrvergnugen yet ho-hum looking station wagon. For the rest of us we'll just have to enjoy our future collectible real American muscle cars. Nothing like downshifting and punching it in the V, brings pure joy to my face everytime. Also stands out in the crowd like few cars can.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

while I clearly like the Wagon. I think it's still a difficult business case in America. I mean you can't even get that AMG wagon without special order.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    The Audi S Wagons are my favorite personally.
    +1 Audi knows how to make a great-looking, fast wagon, generation after generation after generation. Not to mention their interiors are the best IMHO. I'd love to drive an RS6...but we'll never see it over here.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    I disagree with that, I think if you raced both a V Wagon and a 2012-13 E63 Amg Wagon on a race course the AMG would come out ahead, nobody to my knowledge has done it, just subjective comments that the V felt more planted or whatever, you put both these cars stock for stock at a place like Nurburgring in Germany the AMG would win, it would accelerate faster out of the corners, accelerate faster at the higher speeds, just accelerate faster all together and in the corners it pulls better G's than the V, it would definitely win. Everything talked about was strickly talk because I think Cadillac spent more advertisement money. Somebody show me a circle track race with these two cars pitted against each other, you won't find it, not even the Amg Sedan against the V Sedan. There's some drag racing Videos though, in each case the AMG Twin Turbo smoked the V by around 1/2 second in the quarter mile. I know this to be true, the best time I got out of my 2013 V wagon was a 12.68 on a really good night. I've run a 12.1 with my AMG already.
    You clearly show you know NOTHING about what makes a car fast on a road course. NOTHING.

Tell me, wonder boy, what a GT500 does to a ZL1 on a 1/4? What does a ZL1 do to a GT500 on a road course. Smoked and smoked, respectively.

The AMG's advantage in the 1/4 is almost all on launch. When it comes to handling, its a different story.

AWD does help in exiting out of slow corners. Fast sweepers where traction isn't limited its all about handling. And a RWD car, that's more neutral(in this case very true), will not understeer and exit out faster. Even in slower corners, AWD won't make that much of a difference.

If AWD was an end all be all of handling, every sports car would have it. What do the purist handling cars, like the Miata and BRZ have? RWD. AWD helps is a very certain scenario. Having a car that HANDLES helps in every scenario.

Your post is utterly laughable. Circle track that...

One of these days some magazine or site will come up with road test between the 2012-13 Amg E63 and the V, I wish they had done this in that Motor trend drag race test in which the AMG smoked the CTS-V but they just said subjectively that the V felt more planted. With the Extra thrust the AMG would come out of the corners faster and beat the CTS-V easily. I search far and wide for test, but none are to be found on the net.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

So in other words, "I wish someone else would do a comparo and disagree with one from a major respected enthusiast publication which determined that qualitatively the CTS-V is better-driving more engaging sportwagon, because I didn't like that result."

He's full of air (suspension)... Speaking of air suspension we had to change ours in our Benz twice! The car would lean drastically to the right side, once it happened on vacation during our 10 hour drive w/ kids through the smokey mountains, pretty damn scary! People were laughing at our fancy MB as we pulled into every stop, good riddance!

Oh, ya and that test came from the same guy who picked the Derelict over the AMG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBksUjg2sJE How serious can you take that publication, same as picking the CTS-V over the AMG.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Just to recap:

A publication in print or online that says the CTS-V wagon is better = crap, farse, false, bias

A publication in print or online that says the AMG wagon is better = truth, perfection, Pulitzer

With that kind of logic, you need to run in some kind of Democrat primary. I digress. I'm sure you're getting the reaction from the forum that you want to stroke your own ego. I get that. Good for you.

One youtube videa of an AMG "smoking" a CTS-V2 is hardly an indication as far as the superiority of the car. Stock V's have gotten the same times or better than the 12.00 12.01 1/4 mile times of the RWD AMG. AWG, the Benz is going to have the advantage. I tend to really not trust magazines anymore. Some of them roll out their tests, some of them don't. Hell GM has the V listed as 3.9 0-60, and 11.9 1/4 mile which is probably on the high side. A rwd AMG E63 is not going to beat a CTS-V by a half a second in the 1/4. The CLS is a better car than your E class entry level Mercedes But in all honesty the E63's are nice cars, it just be a lonely world owning one, if you have nothing better to do that point this out to cadillac fans.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

One of these days some magazine or site will come up with road test between the 2012-13 Amg E63 and the V
    Thery already did, plenty of times. here's one of them. Here's what you need to take away from this video: The CTS-V handles better and is more fun to drive than the E63. Your belief that the E63 is better is because you're delusional. Go to the 8:18 mark if you want the short version.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    One of these days some magazine or site will come up with road test between the 2012-13 Amg E63 and the V, I wish they had done this in that Motor trend drag race test in which the AMG smoked the CTS-V but they just said subjectively that the V felt more planted. With the Extra thrust the AMG would come out of the corners faster and beat the CTS-V easily. I search far and wide for test, but none are to be found on the net.
    Again, you show how little you know of driving a car on a road course. You keep trumpeting blasting out of the turns. That's on slow turns where traction is an issue. You totally ignore a everything else that lets a car "handle".

You probably also think an XTS VSport will destroy a CTS VSport because, as you say, the XTS can "blast" out of the turns.

Keep guessing. You keep showing how little you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    Thery already did, plenty of times. here's one of them. Here's what you need to take away from this video: The CTS-V handles better and is more fun to drive than the E63. Your belief that the E63 is better is because you're delusional. Go to the 8:18 mark if you want the short version.

That test was purely subjective especially at 8:18 as you point out. I've driven both cars and infact that black Vagon they tested looked just my 2013, I like the steering feel of my AMG much better. I woulda loved to see a objective road track test with times in this review, but I guess at this point ain't gonna happen. I really think on a road track the E63 would post a better time than the V, it would blast out of the corners better as I said and along the straights go faster more than enough to make up for the little it lost directly in the turns themselves. I guess a lot of would depend on the type of road course it was, if it had long straights or if it was some tiny track like Bristol Motor speedway or Richmond or something. And, Ya I do know a lot about racing. I do believe the German engineers engineered this car the e63 amg twin turbo to beat the CTS-V lap times at Nurburgring, I just wish I could find the data to prove it.

It's a rich soccer Mom's car not that there's anything wrong with that but that's the only people I see driving these cars. The V is a lot cooler and meaner looking and once again rides a lot better than the MB which is too cushy and also bloated and boring looking.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.