Buying 2010 CTS V Sedan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Buying 2010 CTS V Sedan in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Looking at a loaded CTS V sedan in tri coat white, auto, 18k, for 46k out the door tax/tag/etc. New ...
    M2V
    M2V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Buying 2010 CTS V Sedan

Looking at a loaded CTS V sedan in tri coat white, auto, 18k, for 46k out the door tax/tag/etc.

New Michelin PSS tires, Recaros, furry sterring wheel, iPod, heated seats, Nav. etc.

CarFax no accidents and one owner car. Orig delivery date 10/27/10 so around a year on bumper to bumper and 2 years on power train.

Any reservations? Dealer won't budge on the 46k OTD for everything. Selling me the car for 44,200.

I drove the car and fell in love, any reservations on price or anything else concerning?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Buying 2010 CTS V Sedan

Out the door price isn't too bad. If its local and exactly what you want, I wouldn't squabble over a couple grand. Most likely you won't pay it off anyway! There are better deals to be had, but thats not a bad price as long as the car is in perfect condition. Thats about what I paid for my 2011 coupe with 17k miles, but not out the door.

M2V

They aren't budging on 44,200 out the door.. I even walked away from the deal and they wouldn't budge.

Should I go for it? It's a really clean car, great color, all options I wanted. New PSS Michelin tires..One owner too..

Like I said, its not a bad price. If you're willing to travel, and hunt, you can probably find one closer to 40 out the door depending on options. However, if it is the color, options etc that you really want, and you're missing nothing off your want list then its worth a couple $1000. That is, if its clean. Look it over carefully. No curb rash, and no fix its. Maybe sure the seats don't have detail tricks to hide things, I got caught on that one (though very minor). Make sure there are no rock chips, check the fenders adjacent to the wheels. Check for leaky shocks. Check for diff win, supercharge rattle, wheel clicking, and make sure all those typical things are taken care of up front, assuming the car has any of those issues.

I paid 46,000 for an 11 coupe last year, which at the time was a pretty good price. It wasn't local, but where I live there aren't used V's around. It was $4000-$5000 less than anything within 500 miles. In my case the car had every option I wanted down to the black diamond package (not exterior paint), recarro, yellow interior, black wheels, black exterior paint, suede steering whee, and no sun roof. The body wasn't perfect, but nothing that anyone but me would notice, and the wheels were near perfect. I might have been able to find a better deal, but it was exactly what I wanted, so just being a good price was good enough. Again, most people, me included trade cars every 3 years or so. But even if you pay it off, whats $2000 after paying $40K + if its the exact car you're after?

----------

And don't get talked into a warranty until you shop for GM warranties provided by venders on this site which are typically several $100 less than a dealer quote at the time of sale. I intend to buy one next year - my 2011 was built in mid 2011 so it meant quite a bit longer bumber to bumber coverage - another + on that particular car.

Don't buy undercoatings and paint treatments either, unless you feel like talking them down to about 1/2 or more off the price of what they start at, because sometimes they will take that much off to make a sale - they aren't completely worthless, just marked up 70-80%.

M2V

After driving the car hard I noticed a drip or tick from the front.. didnt sound normal. Thoughts?

LOL ^^^ well see whats dripping. Its probably the AC condensate. Move the car and check! Touch it and smell your finger if you need too!

You must have been driving hard.....mine ticks after I drive it hard...things get hot under there! It ticks just like your heater at home. That sounds normal.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

drip or tick? need a little more info. does it vary with engine speed? car speed? High pitch? low pitch?

injectors can sometimes make a ticking noise that varies with engine speed; that's nothing to worry about. Sometimes the supercharger isolators rattle a bit. annoying but normal. the wheels of these cars can sometimes "click" at very low ("walking") speeds....this forum has many threads on that issue....

And then there are "bad" noises like valve taps and piston slaps. Do you have a mechanic friend who can give a listen for you?

----------

Oh...if the car was off and you heard it.....who cares. These cars make all sorts of noises as they cool down......

M2V

I'm sure it was AC. it was a drip, not really a tick. sorry for the bad info... this thing has bumper to bumper warranty for another year and powertrain for 2 so I'm just going to go pick it up. Thanks!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by M2V View Post
    After driving the car hard I noticed a drip or tick from the front.. didnt sound normal. Thoughts?
    Hello M2V,

I see you have gotten some great info from the other community members as to what the dripping or ticking noise could be. If you are still concerned about it, I would suggest bringing it up when you are talking to the salesman. I see that you are going to make the purchase, please keep us updated when you get back! Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Arca500 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I think that sounds very reasonable for a 2010 with only 18k on it. If its the car you want, I'd go for it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by M2V View Post
    I'm sure it was AC. it was a drip, not really a tick. sorry for the bad info... this thing has bumper to bumper warranty for another year and powertrain for 2 so I'm just going to go pick it up. Thanks!
    Post a picture once you have your Cadillac in your hands, M2V! If additional concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist and can be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com if you ever need to discuss a situation further.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
    Not a bad price, OP. Do it or someone else will.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.