Navigation system issue on 2011 CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Navigation system issue on 2011 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The background on the navigation system does not change at night. Shouldn't the background on the screen be black and ...
    Raymond01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Navigation system issue on 2011 CTS-V

The background on the navigation system does not change at night. Shouldn't the background on the screen be black and green at night. The background seems to stay in day mode. Any ideas how i can fix this issue? I took it to the local Cadillac dealer and they apparently were not smart enough to figure out there was a problem with it...

Moderator edit: Member posted erroneously while awaiting e-mail confirmation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Navigation system issue on 2011 CTS-V

Your post has nothing to do with Site Registration difficulty. Please read the descriptive text in each forum banner to find out what is supposed to be posted there.

Moved to the proper CTS-V forum.

Your post was also copied to Admin for verification action. Hang in there - you should get an e-mail verification tomorrow morning: Your e-mail address probably tripped the site spam filters.

ok, thanks for your help. sorry, first time using the site..

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

My biggest beef with the nav system. There are NO issues. It was designed only to dim, not invert colors...

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

You need to set it to auto dim, or something like that. The owners manual is your friend....

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

There's a button that allows you to manually set the system to day/night/auto... Have you tried this yet?

That's not what he's talking about, guys. He wants the background to go to black at night...

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I thought there was a way to change some of the screen colors or contrast options....I'll have to look.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond01 View Post
    The background on the navigation system does not change at night. Shouldn't the background on the screen be black and green at night. The background seems to stay in day mode. Any ideas how i can fix this issue? I took it to the local Cadillac dealer and they apparently were not smart enough to figure out there was a problem with it...

Moderator edit: Member posted erroneously while awaiting e-mail confirmation.
    Hello Raymond01,

I am sorry if the background color during the night on your nav unit is a concern for you. Is the issue the nav screen not being bright enough for you during the night, or the color scheme being difficult to look at? If you would like to further discuss your concern with the nav system, please reach out via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    I thought there was a way to change some of the screen colors or contrast options....I'll have to look.
    Only dims. Colors do not invert.

yes, i was just thinking that it would invert to a night mode like almost all other factory nav systems do on a cadillac.

----------

yes, the contrast and brightness can be adjusted by selecting config. It however does not have a night mode that will invert like most GM nav's out there have. When i bought my 2008 escalade it would invert at night. Can't imagine why this one does not do that.

----------

yes, i think that is crazy, especially on a 2011 model. My 2008 escalade did.

----------

yes, i went thru the config menu and located that. i just wanted it to invert into night mode like most other nav's do.

----------

yes, the config menu will allow you to change the brightness and contrast. i just keep in in auto mode anyway. i was thinking that it would invert like most other nav's do but it apparently does not. Thanks for your help everyone.

It is maddening to me. Others here have said no big deal. But I had my V2 for 3.5 years and never got used to it and never liked it...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello thebigjimsho and Raymond01,

I apologize that there isn’t an option to have the colors invert during the night. I will be sure to document your feedback regarding this as a feature that is desired for the NAV system. Thank you very much for your time, and if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to private message Laura or myself.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.