Want to Order 2014 Vagon...seems harder than it should be...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Want to Order 2014 Vagon...seems harder than it should be... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi All, Have been lurking, but have decided to purchase a 2014 Vagon. I live in Atlanta and my discussions ...
    FrankAtlanta is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Want to Order 2014 Vagon...seems harder than it should be...

Hi All,

Have been lurking, but have decided to purchase a 2014 Vagon. I live in Atlanta and my discussions with dealers haven't inspired confidence:

1. First told me 'all allocations have been spoken for' and I couldn't order a 2014 V Wagon

2. Second told me they weren't making them anymore...that there wasn't even a Wagon in 2013. When I told him I'd heard folks were getting ready to take delivery of 2014 V Wagons, the sales rep was surprised. Sales Mgr came out and saved the day - they'll call me when they get pricing...

I know how I want my Vagon spec'ed and understand details haven't been released to dealers for the 2014s, but I was hoping:

1. These dealers would at least know the basics - not sure how these guys are going to help me with ordering/service when they don't know the product. Not sure I'd want to take my Vagon to any of these guys for service...

2. I want to know if there will be special packages for 2014 (ala the Stealth Blue package for 2013).

QUESTION: Can you all refer knowledgable, trustworthy dealership individuals in the Atlanta area (or otherwise, at this point) that could help me with a 2014 Vagon?

Thanks,
    Frank

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Want to Order 2014 Vagon...seems harder than it should be...

Try Jay Lane at Sewell in Dallas. He posts on the "other" V forum and just reported he's got 14 wagons on order. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to ordering.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Come here first. When a salesman says some mumbo jumbo, tell them you know exactly what the deal is with ordering a new Vagon and if he can't get it right, you'll go somewhere else.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

From my outsider's viewpoint, service departments get better support, and are more inclined to request it, than sales departments. Keep in mind that the sales department's normal mode of operation is dealmaking on existing inventory, and there's probably only one guy who actually orders all the cars from GM, and he's not a salesman.

BTW, dealers did get MY2014 information a few months back, and (except for the color chips which were tiny and useless anyway) it was posted here via GM Inside News.

Stay strong. Be clear about the exact configuration you want.

FrankAtlanta is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks all.

I'm hoping to find a good dealer in Atlanta and have reached out to Jay, as well. If anybody has a quality individual to speak with in Atlanta, I'd appreciate that contact info.

Thanks again,
    Frak

bbradyc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Can't go wrong with Jay...'14 V Sedans are all done (only 750 built) and surely coupe and wagon V production is shortly to follow. They will want all plant capacity to go to pumping out new '14 platform as soon as possible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.