My quest for a Vagon - Anyone know these cars??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, My quest for a Vagon - Anyone know these cars?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey Everyone! With a baby on the way I'm looking to consolidate my toy and DD into a Vagon. I ...
    waltb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

My quest for a Vagon - Anyone know these cars??

Hey Everyone! With a baby on the way I'm looking to consolidate my toy and DD into a Vagon. I don't really drive the toy often and can't justify keeping it. Unfortunately, I'll be loosing my ass on it, but I'm guessing my pain will quickly diminish when I get behind the wheel of the V. I'm hoping the power will be the same or very close to my current car which is all motor. I always beat the ZL1's at the track and I understand it's the same engine, but I know the LSA has plenty of potential - I run high 11's.

Here is my Camaro if you guys know anyone that's looking. I have a couple strong leads and hope it's sold in a couple weeks!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=354273852

Here are a few Vagons that interest me. Since i'm in SC I would have them shipped so buying sight unseen isn't best case scenario, but it is what it is. I'm hoping a forum member will be located in the area and can check it out for me if all goes as planned.

Any input on these will be greatly appreciated!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...minPrice=40000

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...minPrice=45000

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...minPrice=45000

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AC Promotions is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon-Manual Transmission

Re: My quest for a Vagon - Anyone know these cars??

I don't recognize the wagons but contact Jay Lane on another forum. I don't know about used but there may be 13's and definitely over ten 14's about to arrive. I have purchased two Vagons through him and they ship all over the country.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Does the Camaro not have child seat anchors in the back seat? Hell, from looking at it you'd think the back seat was expressly designed for small children...

Seriously, I'm saddened whenever I see this kind of post. If you love your car, try a little harder to live with it. Too many parents seem to fall into this trap of buying a pair of land yachts and hauling enough supplies for an army division wherever they go. Did your parents need so much when they took you with them?

(edit: full disclosure -- I traded a 2005 Corvette for a V-wagon four months ago, not out of need, just for the new experience, and I don't regret it)

Okay, speechifying over.

Your Camaro's an automatic and you're looking at automatic Vs, so already your search is much simpler. Over time you should see a steady stream of automatic V-wagons advertised, so don't feel you have to jump on the first one you find.

Buying sight unseen is scary (to me anyway). From recent stories here on the forum, you need to make an extra effort to clarify the warranty status before you buy. If it's modified, or a special program vehicle with a warranty block, you don't want to find that out after something broke.

Thanks for the feedback! I drive a double cab Tacoma daily so no worries about child seat issue. The Camaro is a fun street machine with the cam and stall it's a blast to drive! Saying that, I started falling into the trap of not driving it because I was scared something would happen to it..not taking it out in the rain, etc... which is pretty stupid since it's a mass-produced vehicle. It's probably seen the sunlight ten times this summer which is sad.

I fell in love with the Vagon and then when I played with the numbers, I'll actually be saving around $500 a month driving one car (property taxes, insurance, etc......it was hard to deny that especially when I will still drive an awesome machine that is ultra-rare, at least in my area - I would have the only one! I like to stand out..haha After I built mine, so many others followed so I'm looking for a change. I'm hoping the V will keep me content for 4-5 years.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by AC Promotions View Post
    I don't recognize the wagons but contact Jay Lane on another forum. I don't know about used but there may be 13's and definitely over ten 14's about to arrive. I have purchased two Vagons through him and they ship all over the country.
    Thanks for the tip, I located his info.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

I totally understand where you are coming from. I had a modified '98 Camaro SS that felt as if it was a part of me after almost 13 years. I found it very difficult to see it go in 2010 when I bought my (manual) V sedan. Living in the Great White North, my Camaro sat in the garage for almost 5 mos. out of the year and I did not enjoy driving my "beater" for so much of the year. I consolidated the SS and my pullied supercharged Bonneville into the V and I drive it all year round. No problem in winters either with the right tires and I love being able to drive this fantastic car all year round!
    Take your time, find the right wagon and enjoy!

Best regards,

Elie

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Just One Car is a very good thing. And the V interior will be a nice upgrade from your present rides. Are you specifically looking for black diamond tricoat? That paint is really dazzling in person, though it's never quite as black as it is in some photos IMHO. Check out the sticky "Pics" thread at the top of this section if you haven't already, the unicorn has been (and is still being) built in some other sharp-looking colors.

trinerd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

I live a few miles from Martin in Los Angeles and actually bought my Black Diamond CTS-V wagon from them a year ago so know some of the service/sales guys there. If you have specific questions about the one at Martin let me know, I'm happy to run over there one day before/after work and bug them.

I have yet to see Black Diamond in person, but from the pics I really like it. I'm hoping it will be a little more forgiving to care for than standard black. Is that a good assumption or is it just as high maintenance?

trinerd - Thanks for the offer! I may take you up on that if it's still available when my car sells. I have a guy coming to look for the second time on Wednesday so that's promising.

miroad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sport Wagon

I had a similar issue. I have a 2010 CTS 3.6 Premium wagon and ordered a 2014 Corvette, planning to keep the CTS wagon as my daily driver. I ended up cancelling my order for the Vette and ordered a 2014 V wagon instead (6-speed manual). This way my daily driver and performance car will be the same (my Vagon is scheduled for production this week). I'll sell my CTS wagon in the coming weeks. I've owned a C3, C5 and C6 Corvette and with all three I had another car as a daily driver. The V wagon is the best option for me (and means both my wife and I have a car in the two-car garage. I've really enjoyed my CTS wagon and will love performance of the V.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

The Black Diamond paint is fantastic. It is NOT more forgiving to keep clean or touch up. It looks even more dirty when its not spotless, but its amazing when its clean. It almost has a greyish tone to it because it has SO much sparkle. I'd look at one in person first.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    I live a bit north of Chicago if you need a hand

trinerd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Walt, there was an issue replying to your PM ("waltb has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space"), so feel free to e-mail me directly - my e-mail address is my screen name at gmail.com

Camaro is sold!!!

What do you guys think about the vehicle below. It's a little more than I want to spend but he's a car guy. Stays under cover in garage, low miles, perfect exterior/interior. I'm guessing this car will be as close to new as I'm going to find. The pictures aren't very good but he emailed me the build sheet which I'll also attach.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...minPrice=45000\
    Attached Images

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    If you're looking for a Vagon, do it. You won't be able to real soon. Rare, rare.

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

I ran the VIN's for warranty work and here is what i found.

The Martin Cadillac car - only major item was a differential replacement at 29,584 miles. Looks like all maintenance was completed by dealer.

The second car was a SPEC+EVENT USED CAR (CVMS USE) and has had no major issues.

The Tustin Cadillac car had a shock replaced at 20,709 miles and that's about it.

----------

I just ran the last car and it had the supercharger replaced at 3,620 miles and some other minor items.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.