tire rotation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, tire rotation in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; When I rotated my stock Pilot Sport tires today, side to side, I noticed the outer treads are curved so ...
    vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

tire rotation

When I rotated my stock Pilot Sport tires today, side to side, I noticed the outer treads are curved so if they point forward on one side they will point backward when moved to the other side. Now, on one side both front and back have tread curved forward and on the other side it points back. There is no notation on the sidewall that these are directional tires so am I correct in assuming that these tires can be used on either side?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V
    Rotating these tires side to side ain't gonna increase your longevity so there is no point in doing it. To my knowledge they are not uni-directional.

Tedboss1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Re: tire rotation

Just checked and my Cadillac owner manual says that "tire rotation is not recommended if the vehicle has 255/40R19 tires in front wheels and 285/35R19 on the rear wheels"
    During my last service visit my dealer rotated the tires side to side.
    WTF? Now I have to go back to the dealer to swap them again.
    I guess Cadillac dealers really knows how to service our V's.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by vagondr View Post
    When I rotated my stock Pilot Sport tires today, side to side, I noticed the outer treads are curved so if they point forward on one side they will point backward when moved to the other side. Now, on one side both front and back have tread curved forward and on the other side it points back. There is no notation on the sidewall that these are directional tires so am I correct in assuming that these tires can be used on either side?
    Yes, although I would tend to agree with Kluch that there's probably little to no benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedboss1 View Post
    Just checked and my Cadillac owner manual says that "tire rotation is not recommended if the vehicle has 255/40R19 tires in front wheels and 285/35R19 on the rear wheels"
    During my last service visit my dealer rotated the tires side to side.
    WTF? Now I have to go back to the dealer to swap them again.
    I guess Cadillac dealers really knows how to service our V's.
    There is zero reason to go back to the dealer and "unrotate" the tires. They're non-directional, they're perfectly fine where they are.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Tedboss1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

There is zero reason to go back to the dealer and "unrotate" the tires. They're non-directional, they're perfectly fine where they are.
    I agree. I will leave the tires on as they are for now.
    Anyway soon it will be time to put the winter tires on.

pmsteinm is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)

It's ok to swap the left to right PS2s but there's usually no reason. I did swap my front PS2s because after 2 VIR days the left shoulders of both tires were more heavily worn than the right shoulders (since most of the hard turns are VIR are right hand). Plus I take more hard right turns on my daily commute.

Zhariak is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Just so you know, these tires aren't directional... The only consideration with the PS/2s is that the tires are labeled with "Outside" on the portion of the tire that should be exposed to the outside of the vehicle...

Tire rotations are pointless.

I'mAllIn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

There is a small benefit to "rotating" tires side to side and that's a quieter ride when the tires reach the 2nd half of their lives if you will. The leading edge of each tread block will wear faster than the trailing edge and round off. After so many miles, the leading edges will feather and get louder and louder. Swapping them side to side evens the wear. No real benefit in mileage increase or traction. I swapped mine at 10,000 miles (last week!) to keep them as quiet as possible. It's also a great time to detail the barrel of the wheels and brakes. I also removed my calipers for a thorough cleaning. Yes, I'm a little OCD !

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I tend to take more hard right hand turns than left. A bit of a binky issue with me. I just feel more confident being on the side of the car receiving the lateral g.

I've noticed it more in my Town Car's tires than I ever did in my V's...

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

No sense in rotating the side to side, sometimes they wear in on the side they are on and the car drives funny if you rotate them side to side, just went through that with my car, it had a bad pull to the right after rotating them and I put them back the way they were today and now the car drives fine.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Rotating often keeps that from happening...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.