Opinions: Pricing on 2014 sedans
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Opinions: Pricing on 2014 sedans in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi all, I'm looking around at 2014 V sedans, and wanted to see what the thoughts are on what sort ...
    bakersdozen is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Opinions: Pricing on 2014 sedans

Hi all,

I'm looking around at 2014 V sedans, and wanted to see what the thoughts are on what sort of pricing you think would be decent. Any tips or suggestions related to pricing and negotiation points would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Re: Opinions: Pricing on 2014 sedans

personally I would lease, if values happen to tank you will be sitting pretty, if values hold really well you already know the buyout on the car at the time of the lease and will make out.

win win if you ask me

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    personally I would lease, if values happen to tank you will be sitting pretty, if values hold really well you already know the buyout on the car at the time of the lease and will make out.

win win if you ask me
    I always lease. Your reasons and also to insulate myself from diminished value in case of a crash or mechanical problems.

yup, incase you get a rotten egg car

it has always worked out for me on every single car I have leased

Bcfd113 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yep, i think i just got a great deal on a 2013 lease.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Last year, I got a deal just north of invoice when I purchased my wagon. I usually don't lease as I prefer to have equity in cars I actually like and which maintain some value like the V series. Not sure what incentives are out there right now, you can check on Edmunds for that.

I took over a guy's less than a year old lease on my V, the buyout is already in the contract. in the end if I end up buying the car I got it for $10k less than what they were going for used at the time. Factor in the sticker price of the car and its still a great deal even if I had gotten it new off the showroom floor

Car dude V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): abtin.usamuscle@gmail.com

Anyone with info on how a 14 sedan may lease out ? Currently iam sitting at 5k down and 790 a month/tax inculded for 36 month on a 72k V , this would be a lease and on a 14 car.
    I had a chance to pick up a 13 with 5k down and 720 a month but that was an auto.
    From what I undrestand the 14's have less incentives and not a aggressive lease deal as the 13's do. Atleast not yet anyway .
    Anyone with info , I would greatly appreciate

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Car dude V View Post
    Anyone with info on how a 14 sedan may lease out ? Currently iam sitting at 5k down and 790 a month/tax inculded for 36 month on a 72k V , this would be a lease and on a 14 car.
    I had a chance to pick up a 13 with 5k down and 720 a month but that was an auto.
    From what I undrestand the 14's have less incentives and not a aggressive lease deal as the 13's do. Atleast not yet anyway .
    Anyone with info , I would greatly appreciate
    You shouldn't put money down on a lease. Never, ever. Bad idea.

bakersdozen is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the input thus far. I usually like to do the first couple of years on a lease for high end cars for many of the reasons mentioned (time to evaluate whether it's keeper quality, insulated vs diminshed value from accident, etc). I'm open to lease or purchase on the V depedning upon the deal. Good to know you can shoot for right around invoice price, thank you, that's helpful.

I recently got a 2013 coupe loaded, 74xxx msrp, 3yr/30,000mi 0down, 680/mo. I was satisfied with the deal, so I pulled the trigger.

bbradyc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

2013 lease option ends this month so if you are able to find a deal on a 13 you only have a week or so left for a lease option otherwise you will have to go with a 14 for leasing

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Lease if you find the right deal, or look to purchase a very low milage, well taken care of V of the year 2011-2013. The V2 is a 2008-2009 car, and I'm assuming the value at this point will really tank on a 2014 car, now that a new CTS is out, and new V on the way in a couple of years. This is not to say that the V2 won't continue to hold its value well, it has relative to automobiles in this price range and performance bracket. Hell it wasn't until this year I was able to actually afford one.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcfd113 View Post
    I recently got a 2013 coupe loaded, 74xxx msrp, 3yr/30,000mi 0down, 680/mo. I was satisfied with the deal, so I pulled the trigger.
    Hello Bcfd113,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you part of the Cadillac community. I hope you are enjoying your 2013 Coupe so far! We are here to assist with concerns and questions, so if you ever have anything you need assistance with, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks Laura.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.