early V2's built with more care? better parts?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, early V2's built with more care? better parts? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; after watching over these forums for over a year now I've noticed theres alot/fair amount of problems with the newer ...
    Tro Budden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan, thunder grey, 6speed

early V2's built with more care? better parts?

after watching over these forums for over a year now I've noticed theres alot/fair amount of problems with the newer V's. From Differential whine to overheating to creaky interrior parts and other misc problems. the 09 owners seem to be having much less trouble with theyre vehicles[could be a case of silent majority] but it strikes me that the newer V's going to the public are having some fairly bad problems and are turning V owners to non-V owners. I've got over 110k on my 09m and its been bulletproof this whole time.

Is GM putting less care and focus on the V's now theyre in the final run? or is it the parts supplier ? thanks fellow owners for reading and have you all noticed this pattern too ?
    Stillborn likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: early V2's built with more care? better parts?

Doubtful. There are a lot more V2 cars on the road now, forums to talk about them, and people to complain about them than there were in 2008-2009. It's seems like people all have similar issues from all the model years as its remained largely the same the entire time.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    My '09 was stout and beautiful.
    Stillborn likes this.

Tro Budden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan, thunder grey, 6speed

i do believe that theres more cars on the road now with more vocal owners. But it just seems like the 09 owners have had some solid built cars while the newer ones are coming apart at the seams

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

You are not the only one who thinks this. I advanced this hypothesis back in 2011 when there was a run of Vs with poorly sealed Ultraviews, leading to wet interiors. My 2009 was solid as a rock.

Even so, I took the risk of buying a 2013, which with nine months and 13.8k miles of happy motoring, has had only the standard groaning diff at first start on low turns, and the loose carpet issue. I consider these minor nuisances and feel that my car is well-bolted together.

More surprising given I know mine was built Thanksgiving week last year. Thanks LGR guys and gals for bolting my car together!

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the trunk paint chipping around the sharp edges of the CHMSL with the newer models. Wonder if that was fixed. Oh yeah, and some support bars got cut out by a reciprocating saw by the firewall behind my glove box for a recall because some 5' 3" lady that weighed 103 lbs scraped her knee in an accident. I love that one. I hear all the usual ones from '09 up, but not some of the others the first 2-3 yr. models had.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    So maybe the early 2009's were built with a bit more care because the workers were worried about their future because of the financial crisis; so that should not be lost on management or the unions. Maybe that could be part of an incentive/ bonus program for workers, based on feedback from various sources.

Jud
    Jud

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

my 09 has had zero issues... it's never been in for recall issues or any other reason EVER. gas, oil changes, and tires have been my only cost. other than my personal mods (cai, pulley, tune, exhaust & springs) which have also led to zero issues as well. very happy with my 09 to say the least.

mr weather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Interesting comment about the chipping paint around the high mounted brake light. My 10 V sedan has that in a few spots. I just fixed it with a bit of touch up paint.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by mpouls1 View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the trunk paint chipping around the sharp edges of the CHMSL with the newer models. Wonder if that was fixed. Oh yeah, and some support bars got cut out by a reciprocating saw by the firewall behind my glove box for a recall because some 5' 3" lady that weighed 103 lbs scraped her knee in an accident. I love that one. I hear all the usual ones from '09 up, but not some of the others the first 2-3 yr. models had.
    I have the same problem. Also solved with touch up paint. Mine is a 2012

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by Stillborn View Post
    my 09 has had zero issues... it's never been in for recall issues or any other reason EVER. gas, oil changes, and tires have been my only cost. other than my personal mods (cai, pulley, tune, exhaust & springs) which have also led to zero issues as well. very happy with my 09 to say the least.
    Did you buy your 2009 new? Are you aware there was a recall? Ask your service adviser. As to the high mounted brake light I touched up mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    I have the same problem. Also solved with touch up paint. Mine is a 2012
    At least we know the issue has made it up to the 2012's.

I love my car. Other than a couple things I'm at 46k happy miles

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

I have an 09 that went into service in October 2008. Its one of the very early ones. So far no diff problems, carpet is fine, no isolater rattle, no wheel clicks....nothing but a rear headrest that rattles a bit, easily fixed. The sunroof has some wind noise usually drowned out by Iron Maiden, Blink-182, Foriegner, Boston......you get my drift. I have 28K miles on it.

Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    So maybe the early 2009's were built with a bit more care because the workers were worried about their future because of the financial crisis; so that should not be lost on management or the unions. Maybe that could be part of an incentive/ bonus program for workers, based on feedback from various sources.

Jud
    I agree , not only the assembly workers but all the supporting companies supplying auto parts. No one wanted to get canned so was working their tails off to keep their jobs. Maybe just a coincidence but seems like a possibility.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

That's the conclusion I've come to reading these forums for quite some time now. My 2013 really was not that solid and had some issues early on, the people with the older ones seemed a lot more satisfied.

taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

I think everyone's mileage varies on this. My 2010 was much lower quality fit and finish than my 13.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.