early V2's built with more care? better parts? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, early V2's built with more care? better parts? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Long live the early '09s!...
    Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Long live the early '09s!

Topless vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Re: early V2's built with more care? better parts?

i must be lucky then, i have NO issues with my 2011, no paint chips. no sunroof issues,no rocky recaros, no diff whine, no nothing, just a well built solid car. the car is amazing.

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

I am happy with my 2012 V

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Glad to hear that a lot of you guys with 2010+ cars are having great experiences. To read this forum's threads, you would think that they are all a POS; and I had a hard time believing that.

I always regretted having missed the good old high performance days in the '60's and very early '70's, because of lack of money, but back then I could not have imagined a CTS-V. We are really in the age of high performance now, and I hope that we never return to the mediocrity of the late '70's early '80's; not a good time for a car guy. We are the lucky ones!

Jud
    Jud

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

No problems with my '12 either.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I'm sure much of this depends on how the car is treated as well, particularly when buying used. Even a moderatly used car with less than 20,000 miles could have the crap beat out of it.

My car was in pretty good shape, but I could tell the previous owner liked running it through automatic carwash stations that used brushes. I'm pretty sure he lived out in the country on a dirt road as well. The inside is near perfect, and the car itself was well maintained.

I find it hard to believe manf. standards would really change year to year, but I suppose it could happen.

Interesting possibility. It seems to me there are a lot more original owner cars from 2009-2010 who never traded and are very passionate about their V2. The later model cars seem to be traded around more, perhaps more were produced, and more people complaining about little things, because there are a lot more second and third owners of cars.

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    It seems to me there are a lot more original owner cars from 2009-2010 who never traded and are very passionate about their V2. The later model cars seem to be traded around more, perhaps more were produced, and more people complaining about little things, because there are a lot more second and third owners of cars.
    Agreed. The few early owners that did trade in seemed to upgrade to the wagons or the coupes when they became available. Or they traded up to merc's, bmw's, or gtr's. As far as I know there are no exact production numbers for the '09 but between 3000 to 3300 has been thrown around. Haven't heard anything about later models.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    I had 2010 auto sedan, now I have 2014 manual sedan.
    Both configured new.
    Had no issues with my 2010.
    So far, my 2014 feels solid.

I think it is an important distinction whether or not you picked it up new or used, as someone already alluded to...

Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray
    My used 13 coupe has had no issues yet (knock on wood)

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello everyone,

I am glad to see the positive feedback about your vehicles in this thread! If you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle, I would be more than happy to look into your concern. Thank you very much for your time and posting your feedback!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.