V Sport First Test
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V Sport First Test in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; $71,000 for this car, or about $6 more than a base V2. V3 for sure will crack $85k. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html...
    RGaret is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

V Sport First Test

$71,000 for this car, or about $6 more than a base V2. V3 for sure will crack $85k.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: V Sport First Test

Absolutely it will - both will be / are fantastic cars. The problem is, and this has been in a few threads already, Cadillac has to offer more for significantly less in order to price their cars in that range. This means beating the competition in price, performance and available features. This is going to be increasingly difficult at over $80,000. But as a used vehicle, the V3 might prove to be a bargain if the value takes a huge dive, and generally the higher a cars starts off at, the faster it depreciates - at least that's what I'm hoping for

But by the time the V3 ages a couple years, and becomes reasonable in maybe 2017, a 2014 CLS63 4Matic is going to overshadow it in my opinion unless Cadillac has something up their sleeve!

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    Absolutely it will - both will be / are fantastic cars. The problem is, and this has been in a few threads already, Cadillac has to offer more for significantly less in order to price their cars in that range. This means beating the competition in price, performance and available features. This is going to be increasingly difficult at over $80,000. But as a used vehicle, the V3 might prove to be a bargain if the value takes a huge dive, and generally the higher a cars starts off at, the faster it depreciates - at least that's what I'm hoping for

But by the time the V3 ages a couple years, and becomes reasonable in maybe 2017, a 2014 CLS63 4Matic is going to overshadow it in my opinion unless Cadillac has something up their sleeve!
    I got my V2 for $10k less than sticker in 2012. If I can get as good a deal in 2015 on a V3, I may take it. Otherwise, I feel Cadillac is closing the price gap on their targets and if that's the case, they had better step up their quality game.

One more thing, I've had Infiniti, Lexus, and BMW. One thing they all have that Cadillac doesn't, are service departments that know how to treat people right. I'm not saying they can fix the cars, but the service writers have no people skills. When your spending this kind of money, you expect to be treated a certain way. Cadillac doesn't have that yet.
    odla likes this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I don't know, my service department is pretty damn good.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    As was mine...

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

19 gallon fuel tank. Imagine what the range would be in our Vs with an extra gallon! That is really my only gripe about my Vs.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I found a totally awesome dealer in Florida and great service writers @ Coast Cadillac in Sarasota.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    19 gallon fuel tank. Imagine what the range would be in our Vs with an extra gallon! That is really my only gripe about my Vs.
    Yes, another 19 miles...................
    OldRoadDawg and neuronbob like this.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Thanks for the link to MT. Cadddy seems to take one step forward and two back buy stuffing an under powered turbo 6 banger into a 4000lb car. That's a far cry from a thunderous high torque supercharged V8. The six cylinder NEEDS to put out at least 550 hp to be respectable in todays market place compared to all other flag ships no matter the weight. And don't get me going on the old man styling as compared to the V coupe.
    Tedboss1 likes this.

pato is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V
    ^^The V sport is not the new CTS-V.
    It just fills the gap between the entry level 6 banger and the supercharged (for now) CTS-V.

----------

Car and driver got a better time out of it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-6-test-review

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    Thanks for the link to MT. Cadddy seems to take one step forward and two back buy stuffing an under powered turbo 6 banger into a 4000lb car. That's a far cry from a thunderous high torque supercharged V8. The six cylinder NEEDS to put out at least 550 hp to be respectable in todays market place compared to all other flag ships no matter the weight. And don't get me going on the old man styling as compared to the V coupe.
    I YI YI, this is a Vsport

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Correct its the Vsport, not the V 3 halo car. But....the Vsport isn't really that impressive for a $70,000 car either, although the interior looks quite nice, and it does fit a gap.the exterior is for sure a bit, grandpa. I bet it gets close to V2 stock numbers with chips and boost controllers as soon as its released.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    As was mine...
    I'm glad you got good service. When my transmission started slipping after 7,000 miles and I took it to my dealer with no appointment, the service advisor literally told me to come back in two weeks. Unacceptable. I found another dealer who took me right away so I'm 1 for 2.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

That interior looks pretty damn good for a Cadi. They are coming up in the interior books IMHO. My benchmarks are Acura and Audi, both have pretty bulletproof interiors.

As for dealers, I'm happy with Central Cadillac in Cleveland. I like being treated like they actually WANT me to come back.

That C&D test was pretty darned good. If the V-Sport is that good, I can hardly wait to see what the next V will be like.

Will I be in for a third Cadillac? Me? A die-hard Honda guy and fanboi to this day? Buying American again? What a shocker...and it is, for me.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    Yes, another 19 miles...................
    baabootoo....19 miles? Do you really drive with that light of a throttle?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.