V Sport First Test - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree30Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V Sport First Test in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have no idea where Ford is going with the Lincoln Luxury line. They are some of the most Fugly ...
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: V Sport First Test

I have no idea where Ford is going with the Lincoln Luxury line. They are some of the most Fugly cars on the road. They are expensive. I'm not sure there is anything about them technology or tech wise that sets them apart. The EcoBoost is a pretty good powerplant, and I actually liked the LAST body style of the MKS MKZ, but this new flag ship sedan they have looks like a bulbous puffer fish. The inside is quite fantastic, as is that of the Tarus, but the exterior styling is just terrible. Of course this is all my opinion.

Ford has a winner with the current fusion. They hit the nail on the head. Its affordable, looks sporty, drives sporty, and has a bit of the Euro look.

Ford looks like they missed the nail and hit the new mustang directly with the hammer from what I've seen of the spy shots. Its looks terrible....TERRRRRIBLE. It makes the plain chevy cav look of the last generation GTO look like an exotic supercar.

The experience I've had with the Cadillac dealership so far has been second to none. I didn't buy the car from them either. To be honest, I've had more GM cars than anything, and have had pretty good luck with dealerships, warraty repairs and issues in general. Chrysler not nearly a great, but not terrible. From familiy members and friends, its hit or miss with BMW and Mercedes dealerships. Where I live, they are both at one dealership, and it doesn't have a great reputation.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc8203 View Post

You may want to talk to my BMW-owning friend, whose 5 Series was in for a warranty turbocharger repair (google "BMW waste gate problem" if you think German engineering is bullet proof.) His car had been diagnosed and he was at the BMW dealership getting a loaner car when he saw his vehicle leaving the dealership. He followed the car and has video of two employees going through a burger shop drive through. Got to love your high dollar import being used for joy rides!

My Caddy dealership is fantastic, and the BMW dealership here is well known to be flakey. I wouldn't trade!
    I guess it's the luck of the draw then. You'll always have bad employees doing stuff like that. But in general, BMW and Lexus service advisors have always treated me better than Cadillac. Oh, and I always got my car back vacuumed and washed. I agree that all cars have their problems. Mine had the infamous fuel pump issue and 4 visits to get the wipers fixed. But through it all, I was treated with courtesy and respect. Never had to threaten a lemon law buyback.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    When I had a Lexus or a BMW, I would get a survey call after each visit. I mean every single one, even if it was only for an oil change. Cadillac never called me even once.
    mine calls

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    mine calls
    I also get a follow-up call from the dealer as well as an email with a satisfaction survey to complete. The email is not from the dealer but from GM Canada where the survey is returned to. Not sure if all dealers sign up for that program, but it seems that my dealer is concerned with having a high CSI rating. Highland Chevrolet- Cadillac in Aurora, Ontario.

Best regards,

Elie

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Customer Satisfaction Surveys are sent once after purchase and then after warranty repairs for the original owner only. Only one survey per six months I think. Someone from the Cadillac team members here should help clarify that. I don't think lease vehicles are involved either.

I get a phone call from the dealer after each visit regardless whether it is warranty or customer paid service/maintenance. Actually it isn't the dealer, but an independant company hired by the dealer to verify that the service was top notch - which in my case always is.

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    mine calls
    Mine calls and sometimes emails.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post

Which is your dealer?

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post

When I had a Lexus or a BMW, I would get a survey call after each visit. I mean every single one, even if it was only for an oil change. Cadillac never called me even once.
    Where the F are you guys going with your cars "Jerks R Us"? I receive emails and phone calls after every visit from every dealer I have gone to. ORR in Louisiana, Desert auto in New Mexico, and Las Vegas. Same great service.

MEDISIN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

I get a phone call from the service advisor within 24hrs of any maintenance, then a follow up call from Cadillac in MI asking about my experience, then an email survey with about 15-20 questions. The service bays are huge, modern and clean. The waiting area has a big screen LED, leather chairs, Starbucks coffee, private work cubicles, free Wi-Fi, and bathrooms with floor to ceiling marble.

I really couldn't expect more from my Cadillac dealership experience. Those guys bend over backwards and I never have to ask twice for anything.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Same here - but usually an email survey only, which is fine by me ...

Rob

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
    I get a phone call from the service advisor within 24hrs of any maintenance, then a follow up call from Cadillac in MI asking about my experience, then an email survey with about 15-20 questions. The service bays are huge, modern and clean. The waiting area has a big screen LED, leather chairs, Starbucks coffee, private work cubicles, free Wi-Fi, and bathrooms with floor to ceiling marble.

I really couldn't expect more from my Cadillac dealership experience. Those guys bend over backwards and I never have to ask twice for anything.
    The one in vegas even has doggie treats and a water bowl

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

I've been emailed once and when I didn't get to it right away I got a follow up call asking me to answer the survey (after I told them I was satisfied with the service.) on a side note, that was one time out of many that I was satisfied.

Also, I agree that the fusion is a great looking car, second only to the Mazda 6 in the looks department in its segment. But, can someone tell me why ford can't make a sedan that's not as tall as a minivan? I exaggerate, but look at the dimensions of the mkz/fusion and mks/Taurus. They're damn near 5 feet tall a piece. They tower over their competitors and it takes away from their sleek designs.

----------

Scratch that mks is over 5 feet tall! 61.6 inches to be exact. 60.7 for Taurus. Fusion and mkz are 58 and change.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The new Fusion is awful. A good looking nose and a boring profile with a cheap, cheap, cheap rear end. Super long wheelbase with piss poor rear seat room? And a cold and ugly center console to look at?

Awful, awful car...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.