V Sport First Test - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V Sport First Test in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ^^^^1) German Heritage 2) British Heritage 3) Years of performing with base model line in that price range 4) The ...
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: V Sport First Test

^^^^1) German Heritage
    2) British Heritage
    3) Years of performing with base model line in that price range
    4) The snobbish status symbol provided by car of the above pedigree.

As was stated multiple times, Cadillac has to offer more for less - that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Some exact features, same exact performance numbers, and I'm going with the "other guys" every time if I'm spending that kind of cash. I'm not alone in this.

2014 E550 4Matic base price around $60k with $10-12k in options. 4.3 0-60

2014 CLS550 4 matic starts at around $70,000. Loaded I believe a bit over $80,000. I'd spend $80k on this car or wait a year for a used one before spending $70,000 on a Caddy, and I LOVE my V - LOVE it.

2013 S6 AWD $72,000 and really more of a true V competitor - way better Performace thana Vsport. 3.7 0-60

2014 550 start at $51k but in true BMW fashion I'm sure options out to $70k. I'm not a BMW fan, and I think they are overpriced and not better quality than Benz or Audi.

2013 Jaguar XF supercharged $68,000 XFR $84,000 - neither is a slouch and has one of the nicest interiors I've sat in.

The Vsport is priced in the range of all these cars and doesn't offer more for less.

Also:

2014-2015 SRT8 300 loaded at $55,000. The bargain in this price range. Would destroy a Vsport 0-60, however probably not on a track, and is really more of a 750, S class size car - they are quite large. The 2015-2016 SRT8 will have an 8 speed transmission with an optional 6.2 supercharged hemi with a rumored 600hp. This might rival the V3 at a significantly lower price, without the track inspired handling, and in a larger car. Pricing will be lower than a Vsport fully loaded.
    Xaqtly likes this.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    ^^^^1) German Heritage
    2) British Heritage
    3) Years of performing with base model line in that price range
    4) The snobbish status symbol provided by car of the above pedigree.

As was stated multiple times, Cadillac has to offer more for less - that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Some exact features, same exact performance numbers, and I'm going with the "other guys" every time if I'm spending that kind of cash. I'm not alone in this.
    +1. I agree

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    THANK YOU! This is the kind of reaction I was looking for when I started this thread. Given the choice between a BMW, Cadillac, MB, or an AUDI all at the same price, I am definitely not going to choose a Cadillac. Part of the appeal of the V2 was that I could smoke the German rivals and save $20k in the process. Sorry, but that is just my preference. I will never forget when I returned my BMW lease the salesperson said "What did you get instead of a BMW". I said "A Cadillac CTS V". She said "You cant compare their car to mine" and I said "I can and it costs $20k less. Give me yours for the same price and we have a deal". Well, you can imagine the look she gave me. I think the new CTS is a vast improvement and demonstrates how far GM has come, but they have to do better than the Germans and for less money given the history of the past 30 years. The Cimarron maybe a long time ago, but I still remember it.
    What kind of BMW did you have?

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by youknooow View Post

What kind of BMW did you have?
    E60 535i. Cost the same as a CTS V of the same MY (2010). I got it because at that time, GM was going out of business. Performance not even in the same league. Service was outstanding from two different dealers.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by Tedboss1 View Post
    That's not really helping

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post

+1. I agree
    Have fun being butthurt.

If I can afford a V3 and its priced the same as its competitors, I'll compare and buy the best. Which would be Cadillac since their handling has been unparalleled in each sports sedan segment for years...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by pato View Post

Wut? 590?
    All these g00bs proclaiming they WON'T buy a V3 because they liked picking from the clearance bins and are used to being cheap aren't giving the V3 a chance.

They'll all shut up soon enough...

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

"offer more"

like what? Yes a little tightening up here and there, but how much more do you want in a car?

you walk up to it, the lights come on and you open the door. Leave the fob in your pocket and start the car, backup camera shows you where to back up. Seats cool or heat your ass, hard drive plays your music GPS tells you where to go.
    You put it in drive and smoke the crap out of the tires with a big grin on your face. Car handles great and looks great

I dont need the back seat to give a massage , dont need the car to read me text messages.

Some better fuel economy would be nice, but I bet Ill still only get 12mpg, bigger tank doesnt bother me im not using the thing to transport cargo across country. Updated GPS/entertainment system wouldnt be bad. Dealers- they could be better. Lexus and Infinity have both treated me and my money much better than Cadillac has but they lack something they are too generic and boring.

There WILL be more room. And more tech. And more weight savings. And more better handling.

I'm not trying to say Cadillac isn't as good, particularly in the last few years. But as good or a bit better at the same price doesn't makeup for the lack of status that is a big factor to a person spending $70,000 on a car. Cadillac doesn't have that prestige, it doesn't matter if it deserves it or not. I like that its always the underdog, and can offer MORE for LESS. They are not following that model.

So now they'll offer more for same. But you'll buy less for same in the name of your perceived prestige? Have at it...
    Jinx likes this.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    I'm not trying to say Cadillac isn't as good, particularly in the last few years. But as good or a bit better at the same price doesn't makeup for the lack of status that is a big factor to a person spending $70,000 on a car. Cadillac doesn't have that prestige, it doesn't matter if it deserves it or not. I like that its always the underdog, and can offer MORE for LESS. They are not following that model.
    That is exactly what Cadillac is doing - breaking out of the model of being perceived as not as good as the Germans.....I am all for it. We have been fortunate to be able to get the V for a discount compared to the German cars....now we will have to pay the same. And who buys a car for the sticker price anyway....German/American whatever, if you pay sticker price you are overpaying. Cadillac does not want to be perceived as being less than the Germans. It is hard to break that thinking in people - I mean look - we are some of the brands best customers/supporters and most of the people in this thread want Cadillac to stay priced under the competition for the same or better content.

I agree, and I think this is acceptable in the $40-50k range, but approaching $100,000 a Cadillac will never have the prestige that a Mercedes has, it doesn't matter how much better the car is. Honestly $74,000 for the V2 sticker was a bit high, but at the time it blew the doors off anything at that price. As a used vehicle in the $45,000 range there is nothing that really touches a V2 in performance - style too inside and out but that is subjective.

At $80,000 the V3 isn't going to be $$20,000 cheaper and blow the doors off:

Panamera

S5

S6

S7

E63

CLS63

M3

M4

M5

XFR

Almost of which now are well below 4 seconds 0-60, 11's in the quarter mile and have good reviews of driving and handling.
    Tedboss1 likes this.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

They are not following the more for less model? The new Honda accord can be had with led headlights, taillights and drls, mirror mounted turn signals, standard Bluetooth, rear view camera, pandora, SMS text feature, and you can even get the blind spot view system where an image of your blind spot displays on the nav screen from a camera at the mirror when you signal right (Which I've read in more than one location turns out to be a useless gimmick) and you won't go over 40k. That's more for less for you.

It's not cadillac's job to offer more for less. My little sister wants nothing more than an ats. She just started driving a year ago. She drives the 1997 Altima, also my first car but she badly wants an ats. The younger generation wasn't around for the bad times at Cadillac. We were so we have this perception, but the bottom line is that Cadillac has begun to build an equal or better car to its competitors. Look at the new cts and 5 series for what they are, not what they were 10 years ago.

----------

The v3's mission isn't to blow the doors off the competition and be $20,000 cheaper. It is to compete at a competitive price. Buy a corvette. It blows the doors off of its competition at huge discounts.

It's Governments Motors responsibility to sell cars.

Until Honda offers performance it's not in the conversation.

The new corvette doesn't even blow the doors off a $80,000 Audi Sedan....just saying. But it's sure purty. I want one.

I can't afford any of these cars, but at $80,000 I wouldn't be looking at GM and I'm not alone. It doesn't make me a bad person to shop for bargains.
    Tedboss1 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.