Becoming really tired of my CTS-V - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Becoming really tired of my CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by JFJr Nothing like downshifting and matching revs from 6th directly to 4th with the TR6060 and flooring ...
    spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Nothing like downshifting and matching revs from 6th directly to 4th with the TR6060 and flooring it to pass cars on a 2-lane road.
    Totally agree except one thing....I go to THIRD!

'Merica!!!

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob

Hell, yeah. Nothing quite like that sensation.
    I forgot to mention the great steering feel, one of my favorites. Makes those rocket ship passes totally drama free.
    Jud

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    [pointless political commentary removed] On another note I love my sts v. No interior issues at all so far. Plus I've gotten better mpg as I've modified. 14ish mpg on highway while stock... Now after modifications 23/21mpg. But honestly I don't think many of us mind if we are filling up an extra time or two.

tblazeman@aol.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    [QUOTE="tblazeman@aol.com"]Just a suggestion, try "friction Free", additive to the rear diff.
    I have been using this product in my GM, and other vehicles, (with great success), since the late '70's.
    It has effectively solved hum in rear, transfer cases, and "Rock-crusher" manual transmissions, for me (over many years).
    Most recently solved a first gear "grind", in my Tremec T-56 transmission, in my 2004 GTO coupe.
    It is cheap, and easy to use (squeeze in toothpaste type dispenser).
    I hope this helps for any of you, as your cars are quite tremendous machines of envy!
    Best of luck,
    Tim Blaszak

Just an update: That product is now called "FriktionTek", if anyone is interested in trying it.

Tro Budden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan, thunder grey, 6speed

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    I have 83,000 miles on my 2009 and absolutely love it. I came from a 2005 V1 and 6 Corvettes before that. I travel around Florida in my business and my 2009 is rock solid and dependable. All the minor bugs have long since been worked out. I invoke Mr. Hyde frequently. Nothing like downshifting and matching revs from 6th directly to 4th with the TR6060 and flooring it to pass cars on a 2-lane road. The thrust still amazes me. At the moment I don't know of any car more suited to me. I've never taken a car past 85,000 miles but this one may go to 100,000 easily.

Jud
    couldnt agree more, and yeah i go to 3'rd. 110km now problem free after a supercharger isolater raplacment. Im considering keeping it for life .

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    In all the reading I've done on the forums I'd have to say I think the older V's were probably better made than the newer ones, seems like the people with the older ones have a lot less gripes than the ones with the newer ones. Cars are all a matter of personal preference for the most part, theres people out there who are into Ferraris and Lambos and to them they are worth the extra money, everybody is different, that's what makes the world go around. I dunno why Caveman is brining Politics into the whole mix of things.

----------

Yes I completely agree with you, the new Vette has come a long ways, the new interior is light years ahead of the older ones, they made these design changes because they had too because there was so much public outcry about how bad the interiors were in the older ones. It could be someday I'll be driving a V3 and back in a Cadillac if all the discussed issues were corrected in the future, until that time though I'll stick with my Benz.
    What propaganda ?

V-Horse is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That's what I've been saying...

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I agree... 3rd up to 100 nolift into 4th and hope nobody important is looking.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    I've tried the 'no lift' twice. Both times have made me cringe. Is it supposed to be abrupt during the change or am I screwing it up? I've done it in Comp mode and shifted while flat around 6k rpm. The S/C whines like crazy and the shift is violent.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

[pointless political commentary removed]

Back to cars. The V1 is not better made than the V2. The first gen CTS had problems too. I did a lot of research before buying a V2, and it really appears to be a solid platform. The V1 wasn't bad, I wanted one at a time when I couldn't afford one, and was stuck in an LS1 F body. I ended up moving to Chrysler for a couple cars, because in the early 2000's after Benz took over they made some great cars, better than what GM had to offer in performance sedans.

Appreciate all the opinions and feedback. Let's keep the thread limited to the V quality and stop talking about Obama. Politics give me a headache and I don't want to think about it when I come to this online 'happy place'.
    Jinx and neuronbob like this.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52
    Ha haa! I try not to scare the locals too much. I travel certain routes frequently and don't want to wake up the LEO's.

Jud
    Jud

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Have a nice day!!! I'm out to drive my V.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

[pointless political commentary removed] But let's get back discussing OP's unfortunate case of buyer's remorse (which I empathize with, but do not share).
    [pointless political commentary removed] Enjoy the V while you can, as tomorrow is promised to no one.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.