Becoming really tired of my CTS-V - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Becoming really tired of my CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The V is a special car, a rare car and a true American muscle car, I feel like a little ...
    V-Horse is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

The V is a special car, a rare car and a true American muscle car, I feel like a little kid everytime I start it. It's also a true drivers car thanks to the wonderful and best in the industry magnetic shocks. Once in a great while there's a creek here and there like with all cars that's what the nice sound system is for big freakin' deal! Your MB will look like a Camry next to my car get real and good luck with all the electrical problems you will encounter in the near future like we did with our 2012 MB; couldn't wait to get rid of that overpriced bloated piece of crap. Spearfish, you should've stayed in Chicago perhaps a little too quiet in Naples that's why you hear all these things. That's what the warranty is for bug em' until it's all fixed and enjoy your beautiful rare ZR1 like spots car!

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    All I know it was well worth the extra 25 grand I paid for my Benz over the V, it was such a relief to drive a car I was so much more comfortable in and that felt so much more responsive. The 5.5 TT motor is a beast and with a good tune will easily run low 11's in the quarter mile. The extra height with the wagon is a big plus too for getting things in and out and all the features like Distronic Cruise, lane keeping assist and braking assist make the car a lot safer and much more easy to drive on long trips. The seats at least to me are so much more comfortable and I like the massage feature and the way the opposite side bolster inflates when corning, it really holds me into the seat much better than the V did.
    [pointless political commentary removed]

I want better GAS mileage and ill pay a million dollars a gallon to do it! What!?

I want better quality? MB has their own history of electrical problems that would drive anyone crazy(especially after paying MB sticker).

Your big complaints about the caddy are rattles, radios and uncomfortable chairs? So you will pay $25000 more for a used MB? Not to mention the depreciation on MB is f-ing rediculous.

Come on man! You have to admit the big picture on your decisions are plain crazy. None of your complaints warrent the price tag of an AMG.

Now I will admit that AMG makes a higher quality product. But not for the price. If it was $5000 more... you would have a valid point. But for $120, 000 vs $73, 000.? You are plum crazy to pay that cause of loose carpet and in your head squeeks and rattles.

And I use those prices cause if you want to compare used to used price the V would be down in the low 60 to upper 50s after a year of use losing about $10, 000. How much did your AMG lose in a year? Over $20, 000? That right there proves my point. Caddy puts out better quality for the price than MB or BMW by far.

For example under your logic if I was in a car that I just payed $120, 000 for to get rid of certain quality issues that I argue are subjective at best.... its ok to spend $200,000 on a hypothetical car so that I can avoid the electrical problems that plague MB... OH and $250, 000 if it get 26mpg vs 24mpg. OH and $500, 000 so that my cow leather interior can be cow leather from Kobe beef skin? Please!

I should have saved myself some typing and just said horse poopoo. [pointless political commentary removed]

Peace and god bless.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Sorry to hear of all of your trouble with your V-wagon. I've had no squeaks, no rattles, no diff noise (yet), no mechanical issues... just miles of smiles.

I don't get what all the interior quality complaints are about either, especially not relative to $35K sedans. You can nitpick this or that detail as inferior to something else for any car if you live with it for a while. On the whole the CTS-V interior seems very good to me.
    thebigjimsho likes this.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I haved owned an Aud S4, AMG 63, and now the V. I think that Caddy is up to par in every category especially power. The only Complaint about the V is that it doesn't have heads up display and the black piano plastic on the counsel. Those small issues are dwarfed by the thrill of driving 800hp around town. No complaints here.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

All I can say is I LOVE my V. Totally happy with everything in the car except the entertainment system could be better. Then again I didn't buy it for the infotainment system. My sunroof occasionally creaks but I can't really hear it over the luscious exhaust tone of headers into stock mufflers.

Sorry to hear some are having problems. All vehicles have problems but then again I'm not a perfectionists. Dollar for dollar, I think it is the best luxury performance car I have seen.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Having spent my hard earned money on this car, I'm certainly entitled to my opinion of it. If saying the interior is sub-par for the price-point is 'bashing the V' to some, then those folks are too sensitive. Negative opinions aren't anything more than simple opinions. Sorry if I don't think V ownership is all candy canes and unicorns. There are plenty of aspects of the car that I love...the engine, the manual gearbox, the styling. I just think the door panels inside the car are simply garbage craftsmanship. It's as if someone saw the first one roll off the assembly line and said "Damn! We forgot door handles. Run over there and get the door panel from that Chevy Spark, wrap a little faux-cantara on it, and slap it in here real quick."

Regardless of where or how the interior parts are made, they are definitely NOT anything like other car manufacturers. My wife's Mazda CX-7 has solid, robust, creak-free door handles. If I grab the interior handle on the V and gently twist, it creaks, moans and groans like crazy. The door panels are cheap...period. Go try it on your car and tell me if you think it's robust craftmanship or rickety cheap plastics when you pull on the interior door handle. FWIW, the rear interior handles seem worse than the front.

The redeeming quality of the car is planting my right foot on the highway on ramp. That quickly helps me forget about the door handles until I get out of the car again.

Tro Budden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan, thunder grey, 6speed

my door handles arent perfectly quiet either, i just dont know how i can live with that problem over the 110,000km of trouble free driving Ive put on the car.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Tro Budden View Post
    my door handles arent perfectly quiet either, i just dont know how i can live with that problem over the 110,000km of trouble free driving Ive put on the car.
    This sarcasm is childish. If no one expresses opinions about the car, you'll get a $90,000 V3 with the same damn door handles next time. Reviews and critiques breed improvement. Look at the new Vette.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

In all the reading I've done on the forums I'd have to say I think the older V's were probably better made than the newer ones, seems like the people with the older ones have a lot less gripes than the ones with the newer ones. Cars are all a matter of personal preference for the most part, theres people out there who are into Ferraris and Lambos and to them they are worth the extra money, everybody is different, that's what makes the world go around. [pointless political commentary removed]

----------

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    This sarcasm is childish. If no one expresses opinions about the car, you'll get a $90,000 V3 with the same damn door handles next time. Reviews and critiques breed improvement. Look at the new Vette.
    Yes I completely agree with you, the new Vette has come a long ways, the new interior is light years ahead of the older ones, they made these design changes because they had too because there was so much public outcry about how bad the interiors were in the older ones. It could be someday I'll be driving a V3 and back in a Cadillac if all the discussed issues were corrected in the future, until that time though I'll stick with my Benz.

[pointless political commentary removed]

Opinions are great. And I agree with complaining to push improvement. I'm just saying paying that kind of extra money to solve it is along the lines of throwing good money down the [toilet]. Its a good example of diminishing returns.

And you should have got the coupe. No door handles. For that matter a completely different car and mabe the reason a lot of us don't see eye to eye on quality.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Wow, this thread sure went downhill. Spearfish has relevant issues with his car and has had to get extra dealer attention to get it sorted. I'm glad I don't have those issues, but I feel for him. Let's see some of you guys keep a stiff upper lip with the number of issues he's had. Nothing wrong with a little venting among friends.

Looks like the dealer is at least giving proper attention to his issues.
    Jinx likes this.

I have had my fair share of issues. I had to have my entire drivetrain replaced minus the power plant. Fly wheel, clutch, transmission, drive shaft, and rear end. They did me right and I have been problem free for 15000 miles. GM took care of the issue. I just don't think people realize the car they have for the money. And once you iron out the bugs.... I would line up with anything under $100, 000 and some that are even more.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

The reason I stay here is I think it is a good group here. I don't mean to be bragging about my Benz and like I said, who knows I could be back to Cadillac. For me though the V2 just was not the car, lack of legroom really was a problem, my legs tend to spread out and would hit against the sides of the center console and the left knee the door panel, I just could not get comfortable in that car, I felt it was too tight even though it is a big car, for somebody under 6 feet and with shorter legs, maybe. There were a lot of nit picking things that bothered me too, the way the radio timed out so quickly and there seemed to be no way around that other than to turn back on the key each time and then the headlights would come on and then the overhead light, I thought if anybody was watching me when sitting in front of my girlfriends house waiting for her to come out they must have thought I was trying to attract attention or something, lol. I just did not like the feel of the car overall and that includes the 2012 Sedan I had right before the 2013. I felt like the torque management on the car was overwhelming, it sure did not feel like 556 hp, I know a tune and pulley probably woulda solved that, I just hated to void a warranty on a new car. Not sure if the person who eventually ended up with my old wagon is on these forums, but looks like the dealer that took it in trade finally sold it after 2.5 months, I think I had most of the bugs worked out of that car so whoever got is probably in good shape with the car. I am kind of perfectionist as most of you have more than likely realized. I'll be the first say here if the Benz starts falling apart or if I have the much talked about electrical problems, so far the car is perfect. Once I get rid of the Conti tires and put the Michelin Super Sports on the car it should ride much better from all I've read, that is my one and only complaint with Benz right now, it rights about like the V did in Sport mode. The V in regular mode rode much better than the Benz, I do think some of it has to do with the tires, the run flats like the Benz currently has are known for being really stiff and rough riding over bumps, especially as they wear. They are about 50 percent worn out now after 7K miles, just had them balance and rotated the other day.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC
    In all the reading I've done on the forums I'd have to say I think the older V's were probably better made than the newer ones, seems like the people with the older ones have a lot less gripes than the ones with the newer ones.
    I have 83,000 miles on my 2009 and absolutely love it. I came from a 2005 V1 and 6 Corvettes before that. I travel around Florida in my business and my 2009 is rock solid and dependable. All the minor bugs have long since been worked out. I invoke Mr. Hyde frequently. Nothing like downshifting and matching revs from 6th directly to 4th with the TR6060 and flooring it to pass cars on a 2-lane road. The thrust still amazes me. At the moment I don't know of any car more suited to me. I've never taken a car past 85,000 miles but this one may go to 100,000 easily.

Jud
    neuronbob likes this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Nothing like downshifting and matching revs from 6th directly to 4th with the TR6060 and flooring it to pass cars on a 2-lane road. The thrust still amazes me.

Jud
    Hell, yeah. Nothing quite like that sensation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.