Becoming really tired of my CTS-V - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 125
Like Tree14Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Becoming really tired of my CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by 6104696 (Yes, I am a GM stockholder). I'm not sure if that's genius - or something else....
  1. #16
    Random84's Avatar
    Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    558

    Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by 6104696 View Post
    (Yes, I am a GM stockholder).
    I'm not sure if that's genius - or something else.

  2. #17
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    883
    We are all GM stock holders now. And they need to keep making cars like the V and pick up the quality in the build.

  3. #18
    Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    514

    Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

    What you really need is another 200 hp under your hood. THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO FALL IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN.

  4. #19
    rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    368
    I had a Tiburon that had a lemon law come into affect. Trans failed three times in first year. They tried to fix the issue by making the clutch plate or whatever a non mechanical moving part so it wasn't covered under warranty. 3 months later there was a class action lawsuit again Hyundai. I received all my money back n a different car

  5. #20
    Car dude V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): abtin.usamuscle@gmail.com
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    33

    Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

    I know all manufactures have issues , so this is in no way hating . But one cannot be blind to GM's years of inability to concentrate on quality. Ive had 3 NEW GM products out of the show room foor in my life time and all 3 had serious quality issues. Rattles and Squeeks , seem to be a GM specialty. Having to take my Z06 to the dealer also makes me cringe everytime , so I will avoid it at all costs.
    My 2008 Z06 that I have 50k miles , sounds pretty darn bad on the inside. Now I didnt buy the Z06 for the cars interioir but for the way the car looks/priced , one would think GM could have spent more time on quality of which they put the interior together. This is just my opinion and I know it will rub some of your hard code Gm guys the wrong way but this is my reality.

  6. #21
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    760

    Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

    ^^^^The C5 interior is a joke, the C6 isn't much better. But I've had noises in every car. GM isn't any worse than Chrysler and I've had two SRT8's without any major issues. I drove a 2004 SRT-4 for 60,000 miles without an issue. The brand new SRT8 300 2012 I had for 6 months had a couple issues with the TMS and needed to go back twice, and then no problems. The Mercury Cougar XR7 I had was the biggest POS ever, blown supercharge, blow head gasket twice, wheel bearings.... My 1999 Trans Am had no issues, the 1999 C5 blew through my aftermarket warranty in 1 year, ABS system, bent rods, traction control issues. All these cars had rattles. I drove a Mazda MPV van for a couple years, and it wouldn't quit, but it was seriously falling apart. My company has Toyota Prius and Camery cars. They have the most noisy cheap ass interiors I've ever seen on a car. Terrible.

    I can't argue that in generaly GM is towards the bottom though, but the CTS-V2 is not. I wasn't not impressed at all with a base CTS at its loaded price point.

  7. #22
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    883
    My Kooks headers must be drowning out the nitpicky noises you guys are all talking about. I have not been in any car no matter what the prce that doesn't have squeeks and rattles. Including the BMW and MB of the world. I think my V2 is fairly quiet in that respect.
    thebigjimsho likes this.

  8. #23
    1997BlackETC's Avatar
    1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,344

    Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

    Spearfish, I've follow your posts and it coulda been me writing them, I had all the same identical issues as you have with the 2013 Vagon. Traded down one year for a used MB E63 amg and all my issues are solved. No rattles, super nice quality interior, VVT and 7 speed automatic for efficient operation and 24 mpg highway along with a much increased range with the 22 gallon fuel tank making this a very practical car and faster than the V, seat of the pants I knew it right off the bat and the quarter mile proved it. I don't think I'll ever look back. Does not turn as many heads as the V as most people think my AMG is just a regular MB wagon, but that's fine by me. The entertainment system is a lot better too. No problems have surfaced as of yet and from all I've read on these cars I don't anticipate any troubles. The rear end is quiet as it should be, I was looking at it yesterday when the car was up on the lift getting it's tires balanced and it has all kinds of neat looking cooling fins around the housing, looks like a cylinder head off my old air cooled dirt bike, lol. The new AWD E63's are real beasts, 1/2 second faster 0 to 60 times plus great for people in winter climates.

  9. #24
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Spearfish, I've follow your posts and it coulda been me writing them, I had all the same identical issues as you have with the 2013 Vagon. Traded down one year for a used MB E63 amg and all my issues are solved. No rattles, super nice quality interior, VVT and 7 speed automatic for efficient operation and 24 mpg highway along with a much increased range with the 22 gallon fuel tank making this a very practical car and faster than the V, seat of the pants I knew it right off the bat and the quarter mile proved it. I don't think I'll ever look back. Does not turn as many heads as the V as most people think my AMG is just a regular MB wagon, but that's fine by me. The entertainment system is a lot better too. No problems have surfaced as of yet and from all I've read on these cars I don't anticipate any troubles. The rear end is quiet as it should be, I was looking at it yesterday when the car was up on the lift getting it's tires balanced and it has all kinds of neat looking cooling fins around the housing, looks like a cylinder head off my old air cooled dirt bike, lol. The new AWD E63's are real beasts, 1/2 second faster 0 to 60 times plus great for people in winter climates.
    And a butt load more money. And I guarantee my V is faster than 1997's AMG and enough left over to send one my kids through college!

  10. #25
    spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    682

    Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

    I've had the privilege of owning a few German cars and the difference in interior quality is night and day. I started investigating the rattles in the V and noticed the plastic parts for the door handles actually have little 'nubs' on them from the molds they were taken out of...just like those cheap plastic toys you'd assemble as a kid and have to twist the parts out of the lattice of plastic. So disappointing. Even my entry level 2000 Audi A4 had a higher quality interior.

    I'm sure I'll be back in a German car eventually but as others have said, it's a different price point. German luxury aside, I traded my 2009 Nissan 370Z for the V and it was a $38,000 optioned out car. The Z interior was a notch above the V as well. So I realize my $70k is buying me performance at a bargain, but the interior is sub-par for even a $35,000 car.

  11. #26
    dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    657

    Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

    It's a shame you've had to go through so much trouble after spending all that cash. I think much of this has to do with the issues with the car industry as a whole as well. Dealerships exist so that GM doesn't have to take as much responsibility for their vehicles and in turn dealerships can be as shady as they want.

    That's why if I were to buy a new car in the future I'd take a hard look at Tesla

  12. #27
    CavemanB52's Avatar
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I've had the privilege of owning a few German cars and the difference in interior quality is night and day. I started investigating the rattles in the V and noticed the plastic parts for the door handles actually have little 'nubs' on them from the molds they were taken out of...just like those cheap plastic toys you'd assemble as a kid and have to twist the parts out of the lattice of plastic. So disappointing. Even my entry level 2000 Aaudi A4 had a higher quality interior.

    I'm sure I'll be back in a German car eventually but as others have said, it's a different price point. German luxury aside, I traded my 2009 Nissan 370Z for the V and it was a $38,000 optioned out car. The Z interior was a notch above the V as well. So I realize my $70k is buying me performance at a bargain, but the interior is sub-par for even a $35,000 car.
    I've worked on the line making those parts you are talking about and guess what all and I mean all car companies use the same parts. I worked on a line that made interior parts for Toyota Honda Mercedes-Benz and Chrysler. So good luck with your fantasy.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    It's a shame you've had to go through so much trouble after spending all that cash. I think much of this has to do with the issues with the car industry as a whole as well. Dealerships exist so that GM doesn't have to take as much responsibility for their vehicles and in turn dealerships can be as shady as they want.

    That's why if I were to buy a new car in the future I'd take a hard look at Tesla
    Tesla? Really? Thats sarcasm right?[COLOR="Silver"]

    [pointless political commentary removed]

  13. #28
    Random84's Avatar
    Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    558

    Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

    [pointless political commentary removed]

  14. #29
    1997BlackETC's Avatar
    1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,344

    Re: Becoming really tired of my CTS-V

    All I know it was well worth the extra 25 grand I paid for my Benz over the V, it was such a relief to drive a car I was so much more comfortable in and that felt so much more responsive. The 5.5 TT motor is a beast and with a good tune will easily run low 11's in the quarter mile. The extra height with the wagon is a big plus too for getting things in and out and all the features like Distronic Cruise, lane keeping assist and braking assist make the car a lot safer and much more easy to drive on long trips. The seats at least to me are so much more comfortable and I like the massage feature and the way the opposite side bolster inflates when corning, it really holds me into the seat much better than the V did.

  15. #30
    Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144
    Sorry that all you guy's are having problems with your car's and need to get another make to be happy

    Personally I love my coupe and haven't had any problems with it and have a grin on my face every time I start it up.

    Good luck with your bmw and mb and lexus and audi and all those other better cars.

    If you ever get back into a Cadillac feel free to stop back on the forum to ask questions and read up on how to improve your ride or how to fix whatever problem it may be having.

    Take care and see ya later
    .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting