Looking at buying a 2010 CTS-V ....need your opinions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Looking at buying a 2010 CTS-V ....need your opinions in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I am in the market to possibly pickup a 2010 CTS-V.Looking to trade in my 08 SRT8 Jeep. Been ...
    09CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Looking at buying a 2010 CTS-V ....need your opinions

So I am in the market to possibly pickup a 2010 CTS-V.Looking to trade in my 08 SRT8 Jeep. Been following the CTS-V since I was invited to attend the private track event at Monticello Raceway back in 09. Now I think its time if I can find the write one and price. I found a 2010 with 55k miles on it. My question is how are they holding up with miles? Is this a safe number with life left to live. What should I look for to know if its been modded before or any other things to watch out for? I like the car but dont want to buy it and start having to dump money into it because it starts following apart. My future mods would be CAI, upper and lower, 160 state, 100 mm idler and a good tune with axle back exhaust. Not looking to go 9's but high 10's low , 11's would be expected. From what I can read and see seems these cars are pretty stout.

What are differences between 09-10? Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I think the 2010s got rid of Rainsense wipers and moved the "V" badge to the right side of the trunk. That's about it. There are several cars over 100K trouble-free.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Looking at buying a 2010 CTS-V ....need your opinions

1) Make sure the title is clear. No warranty block, didn't used to be a track day car for a motor car etc.
    2) Decide what options you want, for me it was Coupe, Black, diamond package, and a warranty left.
    3) Decide how much warranty you want. I decided to get a 2011 because id still have a couple years of bumper to bumper with the option to extend it. I haven't had problems, and people in general have had a lot of horror stories; but its an expensive car, and little things are expensive to fix.
    4) The drive train is very stout, I've read almost nothing about failures in unmolested stock cars. The transmissions and engines hold up, even with higher miles. What starts to wear out is shocks, tires repeatedly, and quirkly things with supercharger noise, diff noise etc. The warranty will allow you to get these serviced and checked regularly for free.

If you want to mod the car into the 10's warranty probably isn't a concern, and yes the cars seem to hold up pretty well, but you WILL break something racing at those power levels eventually. Pay to play and all that stuff.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Have someone at a dealer or with the right computer access run the VIN...that will give you warranty and (gm dealer) service info. You can run a CARFAX report and see the title history and maybe insurance claim history (can anyone confirm or deny the insurance claim part?)
    Have an experienced car guy (friend or performance mechanic/tech) inspect it to see what they can see.....if you don't know what to look and what to feel for.

55K is barely broken in for a normally driven, properly maintained car. But if the car has been beat to death by a leadfoot, it could also be at death's door.

09CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Had my GM buddy run the VIn on this car and another that I was looking at. Turns out both had the Supercharger replaced very recently. I asked one dealer about it and he said its a TSB and pretty common. Basically if its rattling or anything else they replace entire unit because GM isnt allowed to open them up or replace any components . They just get a new one from EATON and put it back on. Should I be concerned or happy because its done now under warranty already and out of my way so I know its got a long life ahead of it now??

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

It has a new supercharger? Just do it bro!

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

They don't typical replace the supercharger just for noise - its been determined as " normal operating tolerance " so I wouldn't take that quote as the truth. Look for other wear and tear, leaky shocks, worn pads, worn tires, loose body panels, wear on belts, hoses, etc. You should be able to tell if the car was driven hard.

topend22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 607 RWHP 627 TQ 2013 SRX, 1998 Seville STS

I have my 2009 for sale. PERFECT SHAPE. 29K miles, has never seen a drop of rain, not one scratch, not one stone chip. Looks like it came off the factory showroom floor. I also had all the normal things that everyone complains about replaced from a very friendly dealer friend of mine. The entire Blower, both Recaro Seats, New Suede Steering wheel. I put the car in Car Shows all the time. I have an add posted in the classifieds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.