Voice Recognition Fail
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Voice Recognition Fail in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I've been having trouble with the voice recognition in the car completing phone calls via bluetooth on my Samsung S4. ...
    garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Voice Recognition Fail

I've been having trouble with the voice recognition in the car completing phone calls via bluetooth on my Samsung S4. I go thru the routine of pressing the button, waiting for the beep, saying "hands free", waiting to say "call" and then waiting for the cue to say "home". Voice says OK and my home number shows up on the DIC, but 9 times out of 10 it fails to ring, the phone number didappears and my current speed shows up again on the DIC.
    It's only been doing this for a few weeks and the dealer suggested unpairing all the devices from the car and start again with just pairing the S4. Still no luck.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or a similar one and might be able to tell me what the problem and fix might be... I'm not too worried 'cuz the car is under warranty.

Best regards,

Elie

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by garfin View Post
    I've been having trouble with the voice recognition in the car completing phone calls via bluetooth on my Samsung S4. I go thru the routine of pressing the button, waiting for the beep, saying "hands free", waiting to say "call" and then waiting for the cue to say "home". Voice says OK and my home number shows up on the DIC, but 9 times out of 10 it fails to ring, the phone number didappears and my current speed shows up again on the DIC.
    It's only been doing this for a few weeks and the dealer suggested unpairing all the devices from the car and start again with just pairing the S4. Still no luck.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or a similar one and might be able to tell me what the problem and fix might be... I'm not too worried 'cuz the car is under warranty.

Best regards,

Elie
    Try looking at the actual application on the phone that is used to recognize voice commands. I had a similar problem a few months back because Google installed something new and it was actually the phone having a problem, not the car. To confirm this, try using voice recognition in hour home while not connected to the car. I had to reset my app preferences on my phone to fix the problem. It wasn't the car at all.

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV Premium, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Re: Voice Recognition Fail

That's weird...

I use my bluetooth all the time in the V with my Windows Phone and it's effin rock solid...

I don't think your problem is with the car, but rather your phone!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Best regards,

Elie
    Hello Elie,

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your voice recognition. We are only set up to assist United States based customers. However, I would like to provide you with a link for the General Motors of Canada contact page, which provides multiple ways to reach out to the customer care team. I hope this helps!

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    Try looking at the actual application on the phone that is used to recognize voice commands. I had a similar problem a few months back because Google installed something new and it was actually the phone having a problem, not the car. To confirm this, try using voice recognition in hour home while not connected to the car. I had to reset my app preferences on my phone to fix the problem. It wasn't the car at all.
    OK... tried this and it works! Had to initialize the Samsung voice recognition app (which I hadn't done). Gonna try to use it frequently over the next few days and hopefully it will work consistently!
    Thank you!

Best regards,

Elie

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

OK... tried this and it works! Had to initialize the Samsung voice recognition app (which I hadn't done). Gonna try to use it frequently over the next few days and hopefully it will work consistently!
    Thank you!

Best regards,

Elie
    Hello Elie,

I am glad you were able to resolve this concern with help from other forum members. I hope you are enjoying your Cadillac now as you should!

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.