Opinions on price and silver frost color please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Opinions on price and silver frost color please in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Team, can I please bother you for some opinions on possibly leasing a 2013 silver frost M6 coupe? I currently ...
    Bcfd113 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Opinions on price and silver frost color please

Team, can I please bother you for some opinions on possibly leasing a 2013 silver frost M6 coupe?

I currently have 6 payments of $562 left on a current lease which I'll be turning in on this deal.

The deal I'm getting is $3950 out of pocket, 694/month. 36 month/10,000mi/yr. there is no money to be made in my current lease situation, so I know the dealer isn't making anything off that.

Also, can I get some opinions on the silver frost paint? I'll be driving this car very little, but the paint durability still concerns me.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Re: Opinions on price and silver frost color please

tkdalumni on this forum has silver frost and I have seen his car in person and the up keep and maintenance seems to be much lower than my black raven V Coupe. His silver frost paint is easy to wash and seems very durable. His car always looks clean and no rock chips or anything like that at the 3K miles he has on his car. I would go for it. That payment is good for the car, but depends on what MSRP of the car lists at.

Maybe tkdalumni will chime in as well.

Thanks man. Yeah, very sorry, I should have mentioned car is loaded. Msrp is 75,000.

Great info about the paint. It gives me hope!

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I would imagine the paint is a durable as most others. Don't let that sway you!

TKDalumni is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver Frost CTS-V

I frequently get compliments on the paint and the maintenance is actually easier than normal finishes. They do make you sign a bunch of paint disclosures though...make it happen and post some pics.

TKD,

When's our next night canyon run?!!!!!

Thanks guys...especially TKDalumni. Now if I can just find it set up the way I want, I think i'll pull the trigger. I guess I just don't know how to handle the paint. I mean now when I come home from a drive, i just use some final inspection and a towel to remove bugs while they're still fresh. Does this paint have a rough feel to it that won't allow you to wipe it? sorry if that's a dumb question, i just have no idea what this paint is like.

What area are you in?

I live in the northeast PA area sir.

The cars are pretty hard to find, so you should probably go for the one you are looking at. Searching for the exact options you want is going to be near impossible. Basically, mild soap and water is all you need to clean it.

Don't snooze on the silver frost or you will lose out. Only 90 made for the entire U.S. market.

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

The silver frost is nice.. if your planning on keeping the car (long term) then you just need to think some things through. Any matte or pearl color is always more difficult to touch up (so keep that in mind) and usually, no matter how good a driver you are, you never know of the other guy! If you do alot of highway driving, you'll need to have the mindset to live with rock chips as you can't put any clear bra on the front (or else you'd create a shine). Touch ups are next to impossible as you'll see those. Sounds discouraging yes, but you'll have one nice car which will definitely get lots of looks (especially in a V). If you get a good deal on it, then it makes sense to go for it, especially as one member already mentioned they're rare cars.

Cowboys17 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v coupe

Hi new to the forum . I bought the CTS -V coupe with the silver frost in May very easy to take care of with the right stuff . You have to use a matt paint shampoo the best one is made by Dr Beasley it a little high but it works really good . My car is #8 of #100 and my car came with the clear bra on it from the dealer looks good and easy to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys17 View Post
    Hi new to the forum . I bought the CTS -V coupe with the silver frost in May very easy to take care of with the right stuff . You have to use a matt paint shampoo the best one is made by Dr Beasley it a little high but it works really good . My car is #8 of #100 and my car came with the clear bra on it from the dealer looks good and easy to clean.
    How do you know what # your car is? Did you get a COA or something stating that?

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I love the color, but you'll pay for it.

If you ever need a repair, it will be a nightmare to get fixed correctly. You might want to have a chat with your insurance company and dealer about it.

I wouldn't think it would be any harder to take care of, as in my opinion we should all be hand washing according to Junkman's tips. Touch the paint as little as possible ALL the time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.