2009 CTS-4 Tire Monitor Pressure not showing on right rear tire
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2009 CTS-4 Tire Monitor Pressure not showing on right rear tire in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hello All, The right rear tire pressure just stopped showing up on my dash and I have a notification message ...
    JT101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-4

2009 CTS-4 Tire Monitor Pressure not showing on right rear tire

Hello All,

The right rear tire pressure just stopped showing up on my dash and I have a notification message on screen. The tire is fine, full pressure. Can I "reset" the system or is there a battery in the pressure stem that needs replacing?

Thanks,
    John

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    I had two TPMS sensors replaced on my '09 V sedan. It is a pretty common issue. Hopefully you still have some warranty left.

There is no reset/batttery.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva
    I had two TPMS sensors replaced on my '09 V sedan. It is a pretty common issue. Hopefully you still have some warranty left.

The small batteries in the wheel transmitters are only good for 4-5 years. I have also replaced 2.

Jud
    Jud

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    How much is a new sensor?

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe

Re: 2009 CTS-4 Tire Monitor Pressure not showing on right rear tire

I did not know there are batteries in the sensors. Thanks Jud. My TPMS sensors were replaced under warranty and I don't recall any price listed on my copy of the work order. The wait was only about 30 minutes.

I have about 37, 000 miles and have the 100, 000 mile warranty so I could go for new sensors, but if I can just chang the batteries I could handle that. Do the valve stems need to come out to do this?

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

The stem/sensor is one disposable sealed unit that must be replaced though there is a Youtube video demonstrating how you can cut out the battery and solder in a new one if you could find the right one. I believe the part costs sixty bucks and then there's installation and programming. That's a good reason never to use that tire sealant kit which can destroy them. I'd like to do without them but those low profile tires never appear low until they're flat. I picked up a nail and might have been stranded if not for a dash screen alert. I now have a spare tire and will keep the TPMs.

mr weather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

I've had an intermittent issue with the sensor in my left rear tire of my 2010 V. On occasion the warning will pop up on the dash then go away the next time I drive the car. Very strange.

According to info I got on the car before buying it the sensor was apparently replaced by the previous owner. Looks like it may need replacing again.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr weather
    I've had an intermittent issue with the sensor in my left rear tire of my 2010 V. On occasion the warning will pop up on the dash then go away the next time I drive the car. Very strange.

According to info I got on the car before buying it the sensor was apparently replaced by the previous owner. Looks like it may need replacing again.
    That is a warning of failure in the near future. I'd replace it now.

Jud
    Jud

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mr weather View Post

Hello mr weather,

I am sorry you are experiencing an intermittent issue with the sensor in your left rear tire of your 2010 V. We are not authorized to assist customers outside of the United States, but I would like to provide you with the GM of Canada Cadillac Customer Assistance phone number which is 1-888-446-2000. I am also providing the site for GM of Canada which allows multiple ways for you to reach out. I hope this helps!

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JT101 View Post
    Hello All,

The right rear tire pressure just stopped showing up on my dash and I have a notification message on screen. The tire is fine, full pressure. Can I "reset" the system or is there a battery in the pressure stem that needs replacing?

Thanks,
    John
    Hello John,

I am sorry you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. I see you have engaged with other community members and they offered insight to your situation. If you would like to further discuss your concern with us and work with a dealer please let us know. I can help assist throughout this process.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post

Hello vfaninva,

Thanks for posting your insight to the situation and what fixed the concern on your 2009 V Sedan. I hope everything is working properly now. Please let us know if you have additional concerns or questions. We are more than happy to help!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by mr weather View Post

I have the same issue with my right front; has it for a couple of years on my 2010 sedan. I have about 6 months to go on my bumper-bumper warranty, and am just about ready for new tires, so when I bring it to Lindsay to have them put on the Hankooks, I will ask them to take a look at the TPMS at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello mr weather,

I am sorry you are experiencing an intermittent issue with the sensor in your left rear tire of your 2010 V. We are not authorized to assist customers outside of the United States, but I would like to provide you with the GM of Canada Cadillac Customer Assistance phone number which is 1-888-446-2000. I am also providing the site for GM of Canada which allows multiple ways for you to reach out. I hope this helps!

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hello John,

I am sorry you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. I see you have engaged with other community members and they offered insight to your situation. If you would like to further discuss your concern with us and work with a dealer please let us know. I can help assist throughout this process.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Hello Laura,

Thank you for your offer. I live in Nassau County (Long Island). Please let me know the closest dealer I can work with.

Thanks again.

-John

----------

Thanks to all who have replied.

Quote Originally Posted by JT101 View Post
    Hello Laura,

Thank you for your offer. I live in Nassau County (Long Island). Please let me know the closest dealer I can work with.

Thanks again.

-John
    Hello John,

I have sent you a private message regarding the dealerships that are near that area. Please let me know if you have not received it. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by 6104696 View Post
    I have the same issue with my right front; has it for a couple of years on my 2010 sedan. I have about 6 months to go on my bumper-bumper warranty, and am just about ready for new tires, so when I bring it to Lindsay to have them put on the Hankooks, I will ask them to take a look at the TPMS at the same time.
    Hello 6104696,

I apologize that you are experiencing the same issue as well. Please keep us updated when you take your vehicle to the dealership on the result of the visit. If you would like any assistance in working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.