Vagon For Sale (Sadly)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Vagon For Sale (Sadly) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I just put my '11 Vagon up for sale in the classified section (CTS-V's), as well as Cars.com. Hate to ...
    CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Vagon For Sale (Sadly)

I just put my '11 Vagon up for sale in the classified section (CTS-V's), as well as Cars.com. Hate to see her go, but I now have two mortgages to pay, and may be getting laid off (sequester). I need to reduce expenses, starting with my V. 2011 CTS-V Wagon, which I still owe on. This is an Automatic, has the Recaros/Ultrasuede steering wheel/shift knob, Red Tintcoat, 17K miles, completely stock, NEVER modified, CPO, warranty, service plan, Clear Bra (full front, full hood, full fenders, side mirrors, skirts, cargo area), custom V logo Berber carpets, ProClip cell phone mount for A-pillar, and custom fit, rigid sun shield (not one of those limp things that hang down from your windshield). Just had the oil/filter service completed this month, and am putting on brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sports this week. There are only approximately 20 CTS-V wagons available for sale across the U.S., and mine is a low mileage, clean, stock example, with full warranty and service plan intact.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: Vagon For Sale (Sadly)

Sucks man - best of luck, I know what its like to have two mortgages and selling a fun car to make it.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Same here, I feel your pain through the keyboard.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Geesh, glad I never got married.

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Geesh, glad I never got married.
    More like "never bought a house and later moved" or "never got laid off due to a bad economy and Federal irresponsibility."

Got my Vagon appraised at CarMax the other day. They offered me $45K. I'm selling for $49,900, so I am hoping to find a buyer in the middle. Might have to go with CarMax, though. Not getting any bites.

I just checked your F/S ad - that's a damn shame (it's a beautiful Wagon). That's got to be highly desirable with the Crystal Red/Titanium/Suede/Recaros: pretty much what I was going to order before Crystal Red was discontinued. My wife would likewise love to have that car, but she already has a CPO Silver CTS Wagon, so the trade wouldn't make much sense financially. I'm truly surprised you haven't gotten more action on this car.

Before you send it into Carmax - want to trade me your custom V-logo carpets for 3-mo old new OEM stuff? I'll pay shipping.

You know, one Vagon to another?

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    I just checked your F/S ad - that's a damn shame (it's a beautiful Wagon). That's got to be highly desirable with the Crystal Red/Titanium/Suede/Recaros: pretty much what I was going to order before Crystal Red was discontinued. My wife would likewise love to have that car, but she already has a CPO Silver CTS Wagon, so the trade wouldn't make much sense financially. I'm truly surprised you haven't gotten more action on this car.

Before you send it into Carmax - want to trade me your custom V-logo carpets for 3-mo old new OEM stuff? I'll pay shipping.

You know, one Vagon to another?
    From one Vagon to another, those floor mats cost me $197, and I've only had them for 8 months. You're asking me to give them to you for a set of the OEM mats, which can be had on eBay for $30? Ha-ha, good one! You are welcome to make me a reasonable offer. I also have a custom fit, rigid sun shield and a ProClip mount that I will be selling.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

That CarMax offer actually sounds pretty darn good, 45 K for a 2011 is a lot of money. The dealer that took my 2013 still has that one for sale @ mid 50's, I'm actually really surprised that has not sold yet as it was in good shape and only 5 months old when I traded it in. I guess these cars are getting harder and harder to sell or something.

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    That CarMax offer actually sounds pretty darn good, 45 K for a 2011 is a lot of money. The dealer that took my 2013 still has that one for sale @ mid 50's, I'm actually really surprised that has not sold yet as it was in good shape and only 5 months old when I traded it in. I guess these cars are getting harder and harder to sell or something.
    I just checked Cars.com and there is a total of 13 CTS-V wagons for sale all across the country right now. For 2011, there are just two.

m5biemer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Wagon, Audi RS4, Jeep SRT8

Sucks, hope you can sell it for more than that. Wagon schmagon, we all get screwed on the depreciation. All this chatter about how few there are, etc etc etc and all you get is low-balled. Glad I only paid $60k for mine brand new, but if I tried to sell today with 4k miles, I know I'd take it in the back end. My 2007 RS4 is almost as valuable and that just doesn't seem to make sense.

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

The carmax offer is well worth it. Like it or not, the automatic and titanium interior really narrow the buyers. I netted $45.2k on a black/black 2010 sedan, 6spd manual back in July. Used buyers are also not looking to spend over $40k for the most part. I felt lucky to have found that buyer since I had people constantly harassing me for it at the $40k mark.

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V Dragon Wagon View Post
    From one Vagon to another, those floor mats cost me $197, and I've only had them for 8 months. You're asking me to give them to you for a set of the OEM mats, which can be had on eBay for $30? Ha-ha, good one! You are welcome to make me a reasonable offer. I also have a custom fit, rigid sun shield and a ProClip mount that I will be selling.
    Actually, I was more than willing to pay you for them (even though I can see how it didn't come out that way) - but I have no idea what they look like, I had no idea how much they cost, and I have no pressing need to run out and buy new floor mats. I also had no idea if you were going to sell them on your own; or if you're like my relatives and give shit away/leave it in the car on trade-in unless someone shows interest and then it's full price for family members!

Now if there is a nice set for sale, and they were inexpensive, I'd probably pick them up. If you want to make a few bucks back on your investment, PM me a photo or a link to the product and I'll see if I can make it worth your while prior to your impending "garage sale" thread. If you don't want to bother (yet) on the hopes that 8-month old $197 floor mats will help move your wagon, then I completely understand - my comment was more tongue-in-cheek than a literal "hey can I have all your shit before you trade in the car?"

Either way - best of luck with your sale, it's a lousy market to sell just about anything these days.

StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Nice wagon, good luck with the sale. As a former V2 owner, and a person considering another CTSV, I think the problem is the imminent CTSV3. The first few years of the V2, the car really held its value. It offered unique value from a new car price perspective and that held up used values. But now the platform is seen as dated, and there are many more cars available used. The biggest thing keeping me from buying a new or used V2 is the depreciation that the car will take over the next year or two, as the V3 comes out. The wagon is unique and a spectacular vehicle though, I'd love to have one, but it is the definition of a niche vehicle. Very thin market, which is another thing keeping me out as a buyer. The best thing that could happen for V2s is that the V3 has less HP and performance, which would cause V2 prices to rise!

hooey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    If you don't want to bother (yet) on the hopes that 8-month old $197 floor mats will help move your wagon, then I completely understand
    Wow, reading your posts makes me cringe.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.