Considering CTS-V Coupe - Also need some dealer advise in Chicagoland area
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Considering CTS-V Coupe - Also need some dealer advise in Chicagoland area in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hello All, I've been following this site for a bit and am hoping I can get some help with questions ...
    NickHanson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Considering CTS-V Coupe - Also need some dealer advise in Chicagoland area

Hello All,

I've been following this site for a bit and am hoping I can get some help with questions I have. I currently own a 2008 Acura TL Type S that has been absolutely fantastic to us, tremendously reliable, fun to drive, and the Acura dealer in Naperville has been nothing but great to us. I am a bit nervous about moving in to a Cadillac as I am not sure about the reliability, and I honestly do not hear great things about the dealer network (I am in Plainfield which is a S.W. suburb of Chicago) in our area which I hope I am wrong about.

Aside from the carpet issues I have seen as well as the differential problems, how reliable have your V's been? I know no car is perfect, but I do not want to invest this kind of cash into something that will be a nightmare compared to what we have seen from our Acura. There is, however, nothing comparable from the Japanese, and BMW, Mercedes, and Audi are right there from a performance perspective but it is my belief that they fall short when it comes to reliability at least from what I have heard.

I'm not trying to be a snob here (feel free to let me know if you think I am) but what is your perception around Cadillac prestige in today's marketplace?

Also from the research I have done, it seems that a well optioned coupe can be had for something in the range of 60-63K with some of the cash back (about 5-6K in incentives) programs GM has in place. Does this sound about right from what you guys are seeing? It also appears that the program is expiring in about a week, but my instincts tell me they will probably either renew them or keep them running as most dealers I have been following seem to have their V's on the lots for quite some time. What are your thoughts here?

Lastly, for any of you that are in the Chicago land area (preferably the south and S.W. burbs) do you have a solid contact that you trust that I can work with at a dealership? It seems that Bill Jacobs and Rizza come up for the most part.

I am sorry about the long winded post, but I figured I would get all of my questions in to one post, and I really appreciate your time and help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Re: Considering CTS-V Coupe - Also need some dealer advise in Chicagoland area

2012 Coupe ordered in Dec 2011, delivered in Jan. 2012 - rock solid with no issues!

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Out of all of the cars to choose from. The V holds its value the best. There can be problems but they are very minor. Follow the break in carefully and after that its bulletproof.

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Also much cheaper to repair and maintain than the imports once warranty expires.

I really appreciate the quick responses and feedback guys.

Any thoughts on prices paid, and the cash back incentives that are going on now?

Still hoping to get some dealer references from folks in our region

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

I have lots of Hondas and Acuras and the V is just as reliable. Wish I still had my Integra Type R and I also had a TL Tyoe S along with two RSXS. Acura build quality is a bit better in terms of interior not squeaking or rattles.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by NickHanson View Post
    Hello All,

I've been following this site for a bit and am hoping I can get some help with questions I have. I currently own a 2008 Acura TL Type S that has been absolutely fantastic to us, tremendously reliable, fun to drive, and the Acura dealer in Naperville has been nothing but great to us. I am a bit nervous about moving in to a Cadillac as I am not sure about the reliability, and I honestly do not hear great things about the dealer network (I am in Plainfield which is a S.W. suburb of Chicago) in our area which I hope I am wrong about.

Aside from the carpet issues I have seen as well as the differential problems, how reliable have your V's been? I know no car is perfect, but I do not want to invest this kind of cash into something that will be a nightmare compared to what we have seen from our Acura. There is, however, nothing comparable from the Japanese, and BMW, Mercedes, and Audi are right there from a performance perspective but it is my belief that they fall short when it comes to reliability at least from what I have heard.

I'm not trying to be a snob here (feel free to let me know if you think I am) but what is your perception around Cadillac prestige in today's marketplace?

Also from the research I have done, it seems that a well optioned coupe can be had for something in the range of 60-63K with some of the cash back (about 5-6K in incentives) programs GM has in place. Does this sound about right from what you guys are seeing? It also appears that the program is expiring in about a week, but my instincts tell me they will probably either renew them or keep them running as most dealers I have been following seem to have their V's on the lots for quite some time. What are your thoughts here?

Lastly, for any of you that are in the Chicago land area (preferably the south and S.W. burbs) do you have a solid contact that you trust that I can work with at a dealership? It seems that Bill Jacobs and Rizza come up for the most part.

I am sorry about the long winded post, but I figured I would get all of my questions in to one post, and I really appreciate your time and help!
    Hello NickHanson,

Welcome to the forum! As you can already see this is a great way to get advice and connect with other Cadillac owners. I see forum members have already provided feedback on their CTS-V experience. I am glad everyone finds their V to be reliable, and I hope their statements help with your decision. If you ever have concerns or additional questions, please reach out to us via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

Had no success with Naperville Cadillac. Got mine at Heritage. Deal was done in 10mins.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    All cars have quirks. This one is no different. If you can live with them the real problems are few.

Quote Originally Posted by CoppeR View Post
    Had no success with Naperville Cadillac. Got mine at Heritage. Deal was done in 10mins.
    Hi CoppeR,

Anyone is specific at Heritage that you would suggest working with? I checked their website and they don't have what I am looking for, but I am sure they can get it.

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

Ghali Bazzi was my sales guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CoppeR View Post
    Ghali Bazzi was my sales guy.
    Thanks CoppeR, I will give him a call later today.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    I am on my second V and couldn't be happier. All cars have their issues but, overall the V's are built pretty well. $ for $ I don't think you will find a better car. Oh, and if you can get a brand new V coupe for 60k you should jump on it. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    I am on my second V and couldn't be happier. All cars have their issues but, overall the V's are built pretty well. $ for $ I don't think you will find a better car. Oh, and if you can get a brand new V coupe for 60k you should jump on it. Best of luck!
    Thank you vfaninva. I'm really going by what I am finding on a few websites that I have used for research along with GM's incentives here. Let's see what happens when we actually get down to talking price with dealers this week

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

PM sent, my 2011 CTS-V is going on the block soon and if I can close the gap on trade-in $$$ my V could be on Phillips Chevrolet near Chicago or Jack Schmitt Chevrolet in O' Fallon IL.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.