is no moonroof more desireable in a wagon?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, is no moonroof more desireable in a wagon? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I read in one of the other threads that maybe not having the moon roof in a wagon would be ...
    v-maybe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

is no moonroof more desireable in a wagon?

I read in one of the other threads that maybe not having the moon roof in a wagon would be more desire able is that so? If so why? Just researching and trying to get a good feel for values and what the community likes. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts-v wagon
    Have moon roof delete on mine, my thoughts are should not have a hole in roof with this much torque(body flex) . A personal choice for sure.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: is no moonroof more desireable in a wagon?

Deleting the moonroof saves a few pounds and has a bit less chassis flex. It also eliminates an element that could squeak, rattle, or leak given time and use, and it saves $1100.

Of course, the no-moonroof V-wagon is still a 4200+ pound ~$70K-new luxury automobile, so those seem like small distinctions to me.

The thing that's not clear from specs and official photos is that the moonroof fabric is not opaque, but translucent. It cuts down the intensity, but whenever the sun is out there is sunlight coming into the car. Some people don't like this. I think I've gotten used to it, and it does brighten the interior, but I haven't taken a road trip through the desert yet so I may change my tune.

dcc8203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V-Wagon on order

When I ordered my '12, I was able to get the special Road Racing version that came with the 6MT and moonroof delete. Not sure if it's still available, but I highly recommend it!

Va72mlibu is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I'm 6'4" and I like the extra headroom.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

I posted a thread on head room... It's actually less than an inch gain, IIRC. We purists like it because of that and moreso the weight saving and no risk of leaks. But the Ultra view is really nice as far as sunroofs go, and I think the "average" buyer of luxury wagons would tend to prefer itmore often than not.

The "average" buyer does not post on forums, nor do they track their cars. The sunroof delete is only as valuable as you, the individual, perceive it to be.

I think Opulent Blue is a more valuable and rare color, but its a no-cost option and yet black remains the most popular, and most common color by far. Of course, the "average" buyer probably picks what the dealer has on the lot - I special ordered mine.

The easiest sale is going to be a black/gray auto with ultraview - but not on this forum.

Yeah headroom is not an issue for me. My Italian grandparents may be eight feet with grandma on his shoulders.

A 6mt is an absolute must. Most wagons i have seen have the moon roof and it does not seem you pay extra for it, at least on the used market. I think I would like it and there does not really seem to be too much cause for concern with performance or resale.

What are some details of the race version? Don't think I have heard of that.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by v-maybe View Post
    What are some details of the race version? Don't think I have heard of that.
    He was making a joke: ie the 6MN / no sunroof wagon.

You're right, there's not much of a cost differential for the sunroof in the aftermarket - because the vast majority of CTS V's come with the Ultraview option. Good luck!

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

When I was watching the used wagon market a few months back, black was not common. Black Diamond was, but that's not black.

Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

My head hit the ceiling with the Moonroof, so no Moonroof was my only option. If you're at all tall, skip the overhead view.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

It's nice to let in the sunlight and great for ventilation at the right temperatures. It is prone to leaking and maybe wind noise, it allows body flex, makes the car have a higher center of gravity and takes away head room

m5biemer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Wagon, Audi RS4, Jeep SRT8

I have had no issues with mine so far, but if I were ordering the car I would not have taken it. I had it tinted with 50% and it cuts down on a lot of the heat without taking away the additional ambient light.

bbradyc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

not if someone wants a sunroof

Ha I guess you got me with the race version comment! I love a race version of anything even if it means losing creature comforts. Still out looking but I did get an opportunity to drive one and I was more impressed than I thought I would be with the power. I expected better than my Ram SRT10 but I dont think I have ever driven a supercharged car before. I cant imagine this thing goes well in the rain and snow at all (but that was my ram as well). The one I drove had a sunroof, I think I prefer a sunroof.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Actually, this car is supremely stable in inclement conditions. The phrase "solid as a rock" applies here.

I've had two 2G Vs with the Ultraview. I've had no issues with leaks or squeaks.

I love the "race version" comment. That V wagon (6MT, no Ultraview) will be the rarest of the already rare in 25 years, unless Cadillac makes a bajillion of them when they restart wagon production in a couple of months.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.