Interior Issues New 2013 Sedan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Interior Issues New 2013 Sedan in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I just bought my 13 sedan and of course love the Car, but man only 200 miles and look ...
    dwhess504 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Interior Issues New 2013 Sedan

So I just bought my 13 sedan and of course love the Car, but man only 200 miles and look at the center console is coming up and the carpet on the Driver side footwell. Whats up with this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: Interior Issues New 2013 Sedan

wow - that's pretty sad.

Looks like you caught a case of the "UAW Friday." See if a dose of "going back to the dealer" can keep it from spreading... but I've seen extreme cases become fatal. It's serious shit, man.

vade_R and Club Malibu like this.

nynd is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

The carpet is a known issue - many have seen it and have the issue. This is one thing about the car, its a fantastic ride but the build quality will slowly put you off.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by nynd View Post
    The carpet is a known issue - many have seen it and have the issue. This is one thing about the car, its a fantastic ride but the build quality will slowly put you off.
    BS: but yest there have been some carpet issues. I haven't had any myself. The center console, man I don't know what is going on there - I've never seen that.

dwhess504 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

To Top it off, I was installing my Airaid CAI and when looking down I saw a wire hanging. The Driver side Fog light was not plugged in!!!!!

So Yea... so far not too impressed with the build quality. My 13 Land Cruiser has me spoiled I guess.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    As was stated, the carpet is a known flaw. Why it hasn't been rectified is anyone's guess...five years later. The console, well that's a new one on me. Sorry, man.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by dwhess504 View Post
    To Top it off, I was installing my Airaid CAI and when looking down I saw a wire hanging. The Driver side Fog light was not plugged in!!!!!

So Yea... so far not too impressed with the build quality. My 13 Land Cruiser has me spoiled I guess.
    Land Cruiser reliability ROFL (nice truck though very nice CLARK)

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by dwhess504 View Post
    So I just bought my 13 sedan and of course love the Car, but man only 200 miles and look at the center console is coming up and the carpet on the Driver side footwell. Whats up with this?

Hello dwhess504,

Congratulations on your new vehicle! I am happy to hear that you love your car, but I apologize for the carpet and center console issue you are experiencing. Have you brought this to your dealership’s attention? Please private message me if you would like any assistance in working with the dealership in regards to this concern. If you are not able to private message me, you can also reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com. If you send an email, please include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RGaret is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

And GM wants to charge $10k to $15k more for the V3? Seriously, build quality like this is a shame.

h8-2goslow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 V Sport Wagon

I have a '11 Vagon and had the same issue not long after I got it. The dealer replaced the entire driver side carpet. Now it is popping out of the left side of the footwell, and I don't even rest my foot there! I'm taking it back in Monday.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by h8-2goslow View Post
    I have a '11 Vagon and had the same issue not long after I got it. The dealer replaced the entire driver side carpet. Now it is popping out of the left side of the footwell, and I don't even rest my foot there! I'm taking it back in Monday.
    Hello h8-2goslow,

I apologize that you have had the same issue with the interior of your vehicle and that it is popping out again. Please keep us updated on the visit on Monday and if you would like any assistance in working with the dealership, please private message me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RYoungFoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Same carpet problem. Dealer replaced without hassle.

Car dude V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): abtin.usamuscle@gmail.com

Well this is not a surprise. Gm quality is usually worst in the industry. I found this out after my 2008 z06 that stickers at 79k was starting to creek like crazy after like 8 k miles. The materials and build quality of gm is terrible. It's just the way it is. Sad but always been the case.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by Car dude V
    Well this is not a surprise. Gm quality is usually worst in the industry. I found this out after my 2008 z06 that stickers at 79k was starting to creek like crazy after like 8 k miles. The materials and build quality of gm is terrible. It's just the way it is. Sad but always been the case.
    You are in the wrong manufacturers' cars; stick with German or Japanese and you'll be fine. Sell that V, immediately, and we won 't have to hear your whining anymore. Do it now before you see another sunset. Otherwise, we might doubt your sincerity.

Jud
    Jud

Car dude V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): abtin.usamuscle@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    You are in the wrong manufacturers' cars; stick with German or Japanese and you'll be fine. Sell that V, immediately, and we won 't have to hear your whining anymore. Do it now before you see another sunset. Otherwise, we might doubt your sincerity.

Jud
    Lol, every time I post something you don't like , you come in like a bored dik and spew your gm nut hugging ways. By the way i don't have a V yet asshat. Iam still looking for a manual when I get one , I know the looks, performance and motor make the car , not the interior . Same thing with my Z06 ..I don't buy any car from gm because I like the interior quality. That's not gm,s strong attribute.
    Iam in the wrong manufacture , Why because I talk the truth .? Lol , did you want me to nut hug and say everyone is wrong , gm has the best interiors.
    Are you really comparing the quality of a BMW or MBZ to a caddy.?..... I love my American cars just as much as the next guy but if you don't think the fit and finish of German cars aren't better your just a moronic homer.
    Which I know your an idiot after I asked what car was faster from a roll and your dumbass tells me the top speed of both cars. Duhhhhh.. These are car forums , where people talk cars. If your getting butt hurt why even read the threads ? Sorry , not everything is always roses.
    Tough guy , with tough talk on the caddy boards. It's cool bro , I know you mean business on here
    By the way what's up with the broke back mountain avatar?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.