In the market for a CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, In the market for a CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys, this is my first post on here. My lease is about to end on my BMW 3 Series ...
    guardsred is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

In the market for a CTS-V

Hey guys, this is my first post on here. My lease is about to end on my BMW 3 Series and was looking to purchase a used CTS-V.

Before I call the dealer, I was hoping to get feedback on the color (inside and out) as well as what a fair price would be.

If anybody made a purchase on a similar car then please provide any input you may have.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

grasshopper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: In the market for a CTS-V

I can comment on few things as I had exactly same combo except I had the manual version:
    - Black diamond tri coat has LOTS of metal flakes. Sparkles like a diamond under a direct sun, can look "dirty" in the shade (like pollen). Some like it, some do not. Hides imperfections (swirls, scratches, etc) pretty well for a black color. But requires a frequent wash. People know me (even ones I meet for the first time) as "that guy who washes his Cadillac all the time".
    - I like the mustard yellow interior. It breaks up the monotone black/gray.
    - Yellow calipers definitely pops against black wheels on a black car.
    - Satin black wheels does wonders in masking the awful brake dust on this car. I'm not sure how people have polished wheel on this thing without cleaning them everyday. HOWEVER, it's almost impossible to get a touch up paint for the wheels. I experimented with magic marker, satin wheel paint, matte wheel paint, etc. There's actually little bit of metal flakes in the wheel paint if you get close to wash it.

I lost track of how many thumbs up I received with this car. Most people want to know the exact exterior mods and where I had them done. Mine was complete stock. : )

Squirlz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon

That's exactly what I'd have gotten if I had wanted a coupe. I was disappointed that I couldn't get the Saffron seats in a wagon.

grasshopper,

Thanks very much for the input. My current BMW is black so I know the need for constant washes. You are correct about the wheels though. Hopefully I want need to touch them up, not likely though .

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

If they're putting "call for price" on the add, that's because they have no intention of competing with any other publicly advertised vehicle.

IMHO that means their bottom dollar is probably going to be several thousand higher than anyone else, but they'll be really good salesmen. Not sure if the saffron is a "must have" for you, but black coupes have got to be the most available CTSV combo out there right now next to silver sedans. Make sure you hit all the major sites (autotrader, yahoo, ebay, carmax, etc) before calling these guys up so you know where it needs to be.

grasshopper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Any time!

For little more information, that car was on sale at that dealership when I was selling my V back in March. Since it has been on their lot for a time, you may have some leverage in negotiation.

This may be a good starting point for what they are asking. Does the car look familiar? : )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-...orcev4exp=true

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by guardsred View Post
    Hey guys, this is my first post on here. My lease is about to end on my BMW 3 Series and was looking to purchase a used CTS-V.

I am in the market for a coupe, this caught my eye...

http://www.globalautosports.com/car/...e-99650%2Ehtml

Before I call the dealer, I was hoping to get feedback on the color (inside and out) as well as what a fair price would be.

Clearly at Call for Price, the dealer can start wherever. If anybody made a purchase on a similar car then please provide any input you may have.

Thanks.
    Hello guardsred,

Welcome to the Cadillac forum! I see that grasshopper was able to help you out with input on your situation. The CTS-V is a great vehicle to purchase. Good luck with your near future sale! If you have additional concerns or questions, please reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks guys and girls. Sorry, haven't pulled the trigger yet. Still hunting. I saw Matte Silver the other day on a CTS V Coupe. I fell in Love.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by guardsred
    Thanks guys and girls. Sorry, haven't pulled the trigger yet. Still hunting. I saw Matte Silver the other day on a CTS V Coupe. I fell in Love.
    Do it.

..Swift.. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 SRX

That mileage the car is probably 54kish. That looks like a killer car, love the interior.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.