Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hello from Billy Boat Performance Exhaust

8K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  V Wagon 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, my name is Jon Light, and I am with Billy Boat Performance Exhaust. We just started as a Vendor Member with Cadillacforums, and are pleased to be here.

Some of you (or perhaps all of you – who knows?) may be familiar with Billy Boat Performance Exhaust. We are 23 year old exhaust manufacturing company and produce premium exhaust systems for a variety of makes and models, and with strong focus on the LS V8.

We have developed complete exhaust systems for the CTS-V including headers, high-flow catalytic converter pipes, center resonators, and cat-back exhaust systems. Our CTS-V exhaust systems have been proven to produce an additional 412 rear wheel horsepower. Just kidding – I wanted to see who was paying attention. Actually, with a combination of our headers, cat pipes and Sport Exhaust our in-house dyno results showed an increase of 45 rear wheel horsepower, and 46 lbs.-ft. of torque. Which is still pretty cool. Plus the Sport Exhaust uses our Purge Resonance Technology (PRT) which eliminates drone. So the system adds good power, has a great muscle car sound, yet is easy on the ears at cruise. More info and hear exhaust sound clips at http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/vseries/

Something else I wanted to share as it does a good job of summing up what Billy Boat Exhaust is all about: Earlier this week I was putting together an interview with our company owner Billy Boat for another website (FYI: Billy raced most of his life – was a USAC Champion during the nineties and raced Indy Cars for AJ Foyt in the late 90’s) and I asked him what his philosophy was for Billy Boat Performance Exhaust. He said: “I think most of the philosophy for the exhaust company came from my background in racing. Racing is very precise, low tolerance for error - very performance focused. Nothing less is accepted. So we build parts the same way as we would build them if were putting them on the track. We make the highest quality parts, and use the highest quality materials, and we make sure they perform.” FYI: Billy builds all of our products in-house at our Phoenix, AZ facility and is the company’s production manager – so he is all over it.

So there you have it.

I plan to regularly communicate on Cadillacforums – so if you have any questions about CTS-V exhaust (or XLR or Escalade for that matter – we do those too) please let me know.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
First off I'd like to say that I had 1 of your cat back systems on a 97 Camaro SS I owned and I loved the sound and I'm thinking about getting a system for my V.

My question is when you got that 412 horsepower on the dyno (oops I mean 45) did you do any ECM tuning with that to optimize for your exhaust system or did you just remove the stock exhaust and installed the B&B exhaust ?

And what kind of system was it to get that number ? Was it the headers and a cat less exhaust or did you keep the cats?

Just want to know how I can reproduce that number for my car.

Found the Coupe info.

Thanks

Snotty Boom Body

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
We obtained the power results installing our headers, cats and sport exhaust system (including x-pipe). No tuning. We also ran stock size tires.

----------

We do have a system for wagons. It is not on the website yet. It uses smaller tips than the sedan and coupe so they look right in the exhaust cut outs in the bumper.

----------

do you sell a center section like borla does to eliminate 2nd set of cats, the crushed pipe (off the stock manifolds) and add a real x-pipe? if so please list pic and price. ty.

basically your Cadillac CTS-V Exhaust Sport System minus the mufflers.
The X-Pipe only comes with the system - not alone

#12 ·
I have your catback on my coupe and love the sound. I wish it was a bit louder though - inside the cabin is quiet. I have DMH cut outs going in soon.
How was the install?

The exhaust tips look like their centered in the picture, do they fit well and look good in person?
Are those stock sized rear tires? They look a little wider, maybe it's just the angle of the picture makes them look bigger.

#13 ·
Snotty Boom Body said:
How was the install?

The exhaust tips look like their centered in the picture, do they fit well and look good in person?
Are those stock sized rear tires? They look a little wider, maybe it's just the angle of the picture makes them look bigger.
Install was ok. A little tricky and I need to get things tightened when I get my cut outs in.

Tires are 325s.

Forgestar CF10s, Mich Pilot Super Sports on 20X12 and 19X9.5 and 325/25 & 265/35

#15 ·
Do ya'll still carry cat delete test pipes for the front cats? Are ya'll considering making a full midpipe with x-pipe that runs from the stock manifolds to the stock mufflers and deletes the cats (or maybe replaces them with resonators). I know several people would be interested in this, as it allows us to keep the exhaust relatively quiet while increasing flow.

#16 ·
We don't make an x-pipe that runs from stock manifolds to stock mufflers. One of the reasons is that we found there wasn't that much power to be gained by doing this. The stock muffler size/smaller piping is a bottleneck. So we developed our exhaust system that goes from the stock manifolds back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.