So long, pals
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, So long, pals in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just made the deal to sell my 2012 Vcoupe. And so ends (at least for now) my CTS V days, ...
    khoeysr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony

So long, pals

Just made the deal to sell my 2012 Vcoupe. And so ends (at least for now) my CTS V days, starting with my 09 V sedan, my 11 Vcoupe and the 12 Vcoupe. I am waiting for my 2014 Corvette Stingray to arrive (reminds me of waiting for the first Vcoupe in summer 2010).

I will keep an eye on things here and have enjoyed my time and the ability to glean some great info from my fellow V owners.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: So long, pals

Quote Originally Posted by khoeysr View Post
    Just made the deal to sell my 2012 Vcoupe. And so ends (at least for now) my CTS V days, starting with my 09 V sedan, my 11 Vcoupe and the 12 Vcoupe. I am waiting for my 2014 Corvette Stingray to arrive (reminds me of waiting for the first Vcoupe in summer 2010).

I will keep an eye on things here and have enjoyed my time and the ability to glean some great info from my fellow V owners.
    Hi khoeysr,

Seems like you had a good ride with your V Cadillacs. Glad you enjoyed being active on this forum and learning from other Cadillac owners. The 14' Corvette Stingray is a true beauty. I am sure you will enjoy it just as much as your V's. We monitor Corvette forums also, in which Kelly J. is our active customer care member on them, who comes from a Corvette family. Make sure you become part of that forum!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Why an 11, and 12 V coupe?

The corvettes are not impressing me in the looks department yet, a bit too much crap stuck to them; however I will reserve judgement until I see one in person. The interior, and tech inside sure looks great, as does its numbers on paper. I'm sure it will be a good car. They are taking a step up in price though loaded. I hate to think what the C7z is going to cost.

Why an 11, and 12 V coupe?

The 11 was black with ebony/saffron interior. I always liked the crystal red, which was my 09 V sedan. One day I had the car in for service and the dealer had the '12 in crystal red sitting outside their showroom. I impulsively bought it. Lost my a** on the trade. I did pick up rainsense wipers and blind spot alert.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I can't believe you're trading in a CTS-V coupe on a car that's 800 pounds lighter and faster and uses a third less fuel, with up-to-date dash & console tech. Do you really hate having back seats so much that you're willing to make so many concessions to get rid of them?

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

1/3 less fuel ? You really think its going to average 20mpg in town

But I agree, the updated tech is going to be special, as will the car in general I believe.

Mr. Hyde is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

I went the other way. Had a 2008 Z06, bought it new. It DID get 28MPG on the highway, but it was low on build quality.
    LOTS of squeeks and rattles, and huge tire noise, but the Z06 is purpose built and that purpose is not quiet cruising on the highway.
    The car was a beast...no getting around that, but when we decided to own just one car, down from the "fleet" of four, we decided that that one car was going to be a V Coupe.
    I am sure that you'll enjoy your Vette to the fullest!
    Don't get me wrong..love those guys from Bowling Green, but the car disappointed me overall.

Johnxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Wish GM would have stayed a bit closer to the concept car...too many openings on the production version

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...b=f6xFN/XPLjB&

I have a bunch of stuff that I planned to sell on Ebay:

Set of 4 silver calipers off of my 2011
    2 sets of Cadillac valve stem caps , one black, one silver
    2 sets of terry cloth seat covers with Cadillac logos, one black, one gray (front seats only)
    One tow hook
    I set of berber V logo mats with cargo mat
    Set of Cadillac logo license plate screw covers

All proceeds to benefit the Corvette Purchase Fund.

If anybody has an interest, PM me. Thanks.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I went the other way. Had a 2008 Z06, bought it new. It DID get 28MPG on the highway, but it was low on build quality.
    LOTS of squeeks and rattles, and huge tire noise, but the Z06 is purpose built and that purpose is not quiet cruising on the highway.
    The car was a beast...no getting around that, but when we decided to own just one car, down from the "fleet" of four, we decided that that one car was going to be a V Coupe.
    I am sure that you'll enjoy your Vette to the fullest!
    Don't get me wrong..love those guys from Bowling Green, but the car disappointed me overall.
    Believe me, over at the Corvette forum it is absolute chaos. I ordered my 11 coupe at launch, so I am familiar with the process. Everybody over there who has an order in is freaking out about when their car will be built, others are saying stay away from a first year car, it will have issues. There is very little accurate info and a ton of misinformation. Orders move closer to being built, then back off. It's crazy.

I myself am not worried in the least. I am anxious for sure, but it will get here when it gets here. I am sure I will be delighted, based on the real world reviews that have come out in the last few weeks as the cars have gotten into the car mags' hands.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.