87GN vs 87GN or CTSV vs. E55
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jinx
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 87GN vs 87GN or CTSV vs. E55 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The basics...2011 CTSV has cold air (air raid) and corsa exhaust and had 440lbs. of people in it. 2004 E55: ...
    87GN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V sedan A6, 2004 E55 AMG

87GN vs 87GN or CTSV vs. E55

The basics...2011 CTSV has cold air (air raid) and corsa exhaust and had 440lbs. of people in it.

2004 E55: tuned and cold air w/K&N's 170lb driver only

1st vid: 30mph roll left evenly but E55 thinks he started in 2nd gear and not 1st...truck was coming up in the AMG's lane so I let off in the V for him to get in front at about 80mph maybe 90mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncz8...e_gdata_player

2nd vid: E55 was def in 1st gear and he left first or jumped me but I (the V) stayed with it as we only want to see who is pulling on who and you see the results! I past him at about 120mph so it took a while to get by after being jumped and I let off at 135mph. Mph's are all fiction of course!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGkv...e_gdata_player

Pretty much exactly as I described in earlier threads what I thought would happen! AMG pulls hard early but V just motivates better up top. The v goes under the knife next week for 1st stage of real mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

texasnoiz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): M3M5EVO9-sold; next up TESLA, Vwagon
    interesting.

I was waiting for the '87 GN....old skool goodness.....traffic light burnout king.

Re: 87GN vs 87GN or CTSV vs. E55

Quote Originally Posted by texasnoiz View Post
    interesting.

I was waiting for the '87 GN....old skool goodness.....traffic light burnout king.
    Funny thing is that I sold that car yesterday...never thought I would sell it but the right guy came with the right price! The car was never advertised! Oh well, I have enough old cars anyway. lol

Kerr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

That seems like one very strong E55, or your traction cut in.. I wouldnt think it would jump you that much.

And yes me two, I was waiting on GN to come lay the smack down on both lol..

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

You have enough old cars that you sold your 87GN? What old cars could be worth keeping over an 87GN?? Especially for anyone who enjoys living life a quarter-mile at a time...
    Stillborn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
    That seems like one very strong E55, or your traction cut in.. I wouldnt think it would jump you that much.

And yes me two, I was waiting on GN to come lay the smack down on both lol..
    My buddy, who was driving my E55, jumped me at the start as I mentioned in 1st post but it still gets the V by a tiny bit off the line...maybe 3/4 of a car. The GN was never modded completely unmolested, that's where the value is now a days with those cars but I am sure that you guys know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    You have enough old cars that you sold your 87GN? What old cars could be worth keeping over an 87GN?? Especially for anyone who enjoys living life a quarter-mile at a time...
    LOL...the GN was cool but I just have too many cars and it was almost too nice to drive bc of the collectibilty factor and orig paint condition. My friend wanted it for a while and he approached me again on the right day! The GN almost fits in the V and E55 category but not nearly as fast and all the others are 1960 chevy Nomad wagon with original 348 tripower engine, 1970 corvette conv, 1974 corvette conv 454 and every option, 1979 trans am 44k orig miles orig paint...just to name a few so you understand what I mean.

I sold a 1991 GMC Syclone with 18k orig miles, (if not familiar with these then google it, really cool trucks) that was fun but it also was almost too nice to drive. The GN had 24800 orig miles.

Bottom line...I get bored of cars fast...if they are NOT fast! lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.