Valet mode
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Valet mode in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Do our V's have a valet feature to turn down the available HP ? Don't remember reading any info on ...
    Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray

Valet mode

Do our V's have a valet feature to turn down the available HP ?

Don't remember reading any info on it in the manual.

Would be nice when getting the car serviced or left with an actual valet.

SBB

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: Valet mode

Hmmmm....20 bucks??? Always tip the valet or service advisor and you would be surprised how well your car will be cared for.
    Club Malibu and IBMike like this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Only with a tune. Wait4me offers such a beast.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

The old ZR-1 had a separate valet key which I think limited RPM's and MPH.

Since this is all software now-a-days, it would be very nice if all we had to do was type in a PIN number and the car enters VALET MODE.

Actually, it should be where we press a single button once, then the car enters VALET MODE. So it's a lot quicker when you pull up while the VALET guy is waiting for you. Then when you get your car back, you enter the PIN and it's back in normal.

How hard can this be??????
    IBMike likes this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by Club Malibu View Post

Since this is all software now-a-days, it would be very nice if all we had to do was type in a PIN number and the car enters VALET MODE.

Actually, it should be where we press a single button once, then the car enters VALET MODE. So it's a lot quicker when you pull up while the VALET guy is waiting for you. Then when you get your car back, you enter the PIN and it's back in normal.

From your keyboard to Cadillac's ears, we hope. That would be an awesome function.
    IBMike likes this.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

That's one of the things I miss from my 1991 ZR-1, the valet key. They had 16 fuel injectors, and when turned off, the car only ran on 8 injectors, reducing HP to about 200. The LT5 motor ran on 8 injectors until you hit 2200 RPM or so, and then the other 8 opened up. A lot like hitting the secondaries on a four barrel carb. You had better be pointed in the direction you wanted to go when they did, because you were leaving. Right Now.

Default was Off at start up. I ran the car at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix at the All Corvette Drags way back when. Nerves got me on the first run, I got spanked by by an anemic stock 78 Pace Car. I though I broke something, until I realized I forgot to hit the key before the run...

The down side to that particular system was all the Valet Keys were keyed the same, one key would fit all ZR-1's. I always took the key out for service, and after one particularly unpleasant service visit, I found the mechanics key left in the car.

He didn't get it back. I have it to this day, a souvenir of that Beast of a Corvette...
    Club Malibu likes this.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    I would much rather have a true valet key that let's us secure the glove box. The hidden key in the fob isn't enough.

Jud
    Jud

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    I've never tipped a service advisor in my whole life. Do I have to add that to the list of BS jobs that require tipping? I'm amazed how every industry has developed a 'tip me for the work I'm already paid to do' mentality.
    RapidRob likes this.

Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray

X2

Are you listening GM.
    This should be on all your cars with 400+ HP

----------

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I've never tipped a service advisor in my whole life. Do I have to add that to the list of BS jobs that require tipping? I'm amazed how every industry has developed a 'tip me for the work I'm already paid to do' mentality.
    And X3

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I agree about the tipping part. It is a touchy subject. However, I buy my SA a gift card every xmas, and have let him take the car over the weekend. Gave me a really nice new XTS to try out. He doesn't even blink an eye when there is a problem/warranty I need. I broke my armrest top latch stuffing too much crap in there and he warrantied it stating the hinge was misaligned. Replaced the whole thing. Now that is service. And numerous other things he and dealership have done for me.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Club Malibu,

Thank you for your, and the other community member’s, feedback! I will definitely document this and pass it along to the correct group within our organization. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Club Malibu and IBMike like this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Hey, they could make valet mode part of the OnStar smartphone app, so that you have to pay a monthly fee in order to enable it.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

I just never valet. If I need to valet my car. I'm not driving the V. Though a Valet key would be nice. But I've heard of OTHER issues besides joyriding with valet.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    If I valet, I park it on the ramp, tip the valet and keep the keys. Worked great so far!

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

We've done several custom setups on the vehicle to drastically reduce power on the vehicle for a "valet" style feature. Some have been keyed, secret switch, etc... Unfortunately there is nothing from the factory. Where are you located at?

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.