Difference between 13 vs 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Difference between 13 vs 14 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Newbie here. Will be getting a new V shortly here. Anyone know what differences? Not sure if any but minor ...
    Car dude V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): abtin.usamuscle@gmail.com

Difference between 13 vs 14

Newbie here. Will be getting a new V shortly here. Anyone know what differences?
    Not sure if any but minor ?
    Thanks gentleman

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Difference between 13 vs 14

Nothing other than some different color options that I know of.

For the price, I think not getting a lightly used V2 is crazy considering the money saved.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

No technical changes for 2014, according to the dealer materials released earlier this year. Just some exterior color changes.

Some desirable configurations are tough to get used, but it's definitely worth looking first. Fifteen minutes could save you $15K or more...

Car dude V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): abtin.usamuscle@gmail.com

Thanks guys.

bbradyc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

2014's get remote link (keyless entry and remote start by phone app) free for five years even if you don't continue your Onstar subscription

Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray
    Do the 2013's have this app available too ?

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Some desirable configurations are tough to get used, but it's definitely worth looking first. Fifteen minutes could save you $15K or more...
    Pretty much this - but factor the extra 20K miles, the wear and tear and potentially buying a car that was "returned to stock" prior to trading it in and will be losing warranty in a year or two (who knows, right?). It's a bit of a gamble for any used cars, but in my situation the math worked out like this:

2012 MY (in-service of late 2011 I think) Wagon, 20K miles, well-optioned for what I wanted, $52K out the door. I suspect it was tuned, putting the powertrain warranty into question. There were two wagons like this, actually, but one was more expensive. I also believe this was a "GM Executive Vehicle," which further puts its history into question depending on your assumptions.

2013 MY (in-service of mid-2013) Wagon, 0 miles and special-ordered exactly the way I wanted, $66K out the door (I lost a little money in negotiations due to the 6 week wait on ordering and my trade in).

I figure the additional ~2 years of warranty is worth $1500 or so, which in my mind made the differential closer to $12,500 for a zero-mile car vs a 20,000 mile car. I also got a significantly lower interest rate for the new/dealer purchase (1.5%), which made the monthly cost of financing part of the purchase very, very similar between the two options. Lastly, I haven't lost a single night's sleep worrying about a warranty - which was important to me after coming from the Z06 Corvette world.

In short, buying anything used is technically the smart play financially. But I chose otherwise this one time: I paid $14,000 more for a new Wagon... but it doesn't really feel like it. I guess that means I'm happy!
    Jinx and FLTRI like this.

87GN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V sedan A6, 2004 E55 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Pretty much this - but factor the extra 20K miles, the wear and tear and potentially buying a car that was "returned to stock" prior to trading it in and will be losing warranty in a year or two (who knows, right?). It's a bit of a gamble for any used cars, but in my situation the math worked out like this:

2012 MY (in-service of late 2011 I think) Wagon, 20K miles, well-optioned for what I wanted, $52K out the door. I suspect it was tuned, putting the powertrain warranty into question. There were two wagons like this, actually, but one was more expensive. I also believe this was a "GM Executive Vehicle," which further puts its history into question depending on your assumptions.

2013 MY (in-service of mid-2013) Wagon, 0 miles and special-ordered exactly the way I wanted, $66K out the door (I lost a little money in negotiations due to the 6 week wait on ordering and my trade in).

I figure the additional ~2 years of warranty is worth $1500 or so, which in my mind made the differential closer to $12,500 for a zero-mile car vs a 20,000 mile car. I also got a significantly lower interest rate for the new/dealer purchase (1.5%), which made the monthly cost of financing part of the purchase very, very similar between the two options. Lastly, I haven't lost a single night's sleep worrying about a warranty - which was important to me after coming from the Z06 Corvette world.

In short, buying anything used is technically the smart play financially. But I chose otherwise this one time: I paid $14,000 more for a new Wagon... but it doesn't really feel like it. I guess that means I'm happy!
    I am (was?) a firm believer in letting the 'other' guy take the $$ beating from a new car but you wrote this sooo well that I am second guessing myself! lmao

I am sure you are enjoying it! Great post...I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty Boom Body View Post
    Do the 2013's have this app available too ?
    Yes, on long as your OnStar subscription is active (unless it's a 2014 then it's free no matter what for 5 years), you can use the GM OnStar Smartphone app for keyless entry, remote start, tire pressures, fuel level and a few other things.

http://www.cadillac.com/mobile-app/mycadillac-app.html

iphone users: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onst...393584149?mt=8

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by bbradyc5 View Post
    Yes, on long as your OnStar subscription is active (unless it's a 2014 then it's free no matter what for 5 years), you can use the GM OnStar Smartphone app for keyless entry, remote start, tire pressures, fuel level and a few other things.

http://www.cadillac.com/mobile-app/mycadillac-app.html

iphone users: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onst...393584149?mt=8
    bbradyc5,

You are correct. As long as the OnStar is active the application will work with most 2013's. Also, the 2014's do come with 5 years free; simply download the app, accept the End User License Agreement and use the app at least once during your trial period (or consecutive paid OnStar subscription) and the service will be available to you for up to five years. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Quote Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post

bbradyc5,

You are correct. As long as the OnStar is active the application will work with most 2013's. Also, the 2014's do come with 5 years free; simply download the app, accept the End User License Agreement and use the app at least once during your trial period (or consecutive paid OnStar subscription) and the service will be available to you for up to five years. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team
    I have a question, why is this app free for the same priced 14's but costs an OnStar service fee to use for the 13's ?

I have a question, why is this app free for the same priced 14's but costs an OnStar service fee to use for the 13's ?
    Because they already have your money...and are trying to use this as an incentive for people to buy new '14's

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Snotty Boom Body,

RemoteLink Key Fob Services are a subset of the full features available through the OnStar RemoteLink app. RemoteLink Key Fob Services are made available to OnStar equipped 2014 model year GM owners standard for 5 years (beginning on the date the retail vehicle was delivered to the original customer). With these services you can:
    · Unlock your vehicle if your keys are mistakenly locked inside or in an emergency situation, such as a child being accidentally locked in the vehicle.
    · Start or turn off your car, helpful for cooling down or heating up the interior.
    · Honk your horn and flash your lights to help find your vehicle in a crowded parking lot
    · Access the “Assist” tab and “Vehicle” tab that shows your VIN, dealer information and OnStar account number.

Additional services offered by the existing RemoteLink mobile app are available during the OnStar trial period or when you choose a paid OnStar subscription.

The full-functionality version of RemoteLink includes the RemoteLink Key Fob Services plus gives you the ability to:
    · Send navigation destinations to your vehicle
    · Access an up-to-date health report of your vehicle anytime you need it including fuel tank level and range, remaining oil life, current and recommended tire pressure and lifetime average miles-per-gallon that are accurate as recently as the last vehicle start.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Car dude V View Post
    Newbie here. Will be getting a new V shortly here. Anyone know what differences?
    Not sure if any but minor ?
    Thanks gentleman
    Hello Car dude V,

Welcome to the forum! What a great way to interact with other Cadillac owners and enthusiasts, as I see many have already engaged with you. The 2014 is a continuation of the 2013 and earlier body style. If you have additional questions or concerns that arise, we are here to assist. We can be contacted via private message or Email at socialmedia@gm.com. I bet you are excited to get your V Caddy in your hands; great vehicle!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post

Snotty Boom Body,

RemoteLink Key Fob Services are a subset of the full features available through the OnStar RemoteLink app. RemoteLink Key Fob Services are made available to OnStar equipped 2014 model year GM owners standard for 5 years (beginning on the date the retail vehicle was delivered to the original customer). With these services you can:
    · Unlock your vehicle if your keys are mistakenly locked inside or in an emergency situation, such as a child being accidentally locked in the vehicle.
    · Start or turn off your car, helpful for cooling down or heating up the interior.
    · Honk your horn and flash your lights to help find your vehicle in a crowded parking lot
    · Access the “Assist” tab and “Vehicle” tab that shows your VIN, dealer information and OnStar account number.

Additional services offered by the existing RemoteLink mobile app are available during the OnStar trial period or when you choose a paid OnStar subscription.

The full-functionality version of RemoteLink includes the RemoteLink Key Fob Services plus gives you the ability to:
    · Send navigation destinations to your vehicle
    · Access an up-to-date health report of your vehicle anytime you need it including fuel tank level and range, remaining oil life, current and recommended tire pressure and lifetime average miles-per-gallon that are accurate as recently as the last vehicle start.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team
    Well that was a very nice commercial for the app and OnStar but didn't answer my original question.

But I guess bbradyc5 told it like it is so I'll go with that answer.

SBB

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.