Difference between 13 vs 14 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Difference between 13 vs 14 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by brian-nicola OnStar is a joke, as is the way out dated-non upgradeable software in the car which ...
    RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
    OnStar is a joke, as is the way out dated-non upgradeable software in the car which I think goes back to 2007? Fortunately for me, I never use it anyway, if mine hadn' t come dealer ordered with the NAV option, I wouldn't have bothered. I bought the car for
    the looks and the performance. I will say however that my 2013RAM truck has a better system and I can upgrade the software at no charge by checking the U-Connect website.
    The NAV software in my 2006 Lexus, which must date from 2003 or earlier was vastly superior to what we have. I remember when the 2008 CTS came out, Bluetooth wasn't even available, at least that's what I was told. It was OnStar or nothing. If that's true, if would have been completely ridiculous.

ericpd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Sedan Black Raven M6; '14 Sedan Phantom Gray A6 Graphite

Re: Difference between 13 vs 14

Is there a website that lists the actual differences between the two MYs? I found this thread thru a search and just got back in from looking at a 2014 NEW. Going to check out a 2013 USED optioned out pretty much the same tomorrow. Very low mileage on the 2013 and like you guys are saying, at around a 17k discount. Coming from an 09 Black Raven, I'm really diggin' the Diamond Black Tricoat on the 13, but that Phantom Grey Metallic ain't bad either in person Unlike the 14,... no Satin Grafite Wheels or Black Chrome Grille. Boooo hissss! Everything else is identical, even down to the red calipers,... both auto. IDK,... I think I'm maybe I'm ready for the auto now anyway. Manuals are nowhere to be found this late in this Gen's life. Interesting read on the OnStar drama,... never really used it during the trial. The app sounds like fun,... for a week or so!

Any more info out there on the differences between the two model years? Any serious standard feature or option deletes to speak of that may not be so immediately visible? Hahahaha,... I remember reading in here back when I got my 09, everyone talking about the rain sensor wipers going away,... I believe for 10MY, maybe 11MY. Can't remember,... but I do remember all the lengthy chatter at the time. Thanks guys!

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    The only difference is available colors. '13 was the last year for Thunder gray, Phantom gray arrived in '14.
    Funny you mention Rainsense. It came up not long ago. Rainsense went away in '10 and was back in '12.

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    The only difference is available colors. '13 was the last year for Thunder gray, Phantom gray arrived in '14.
    Funny you mention Rainsense. It came up not long ago. Rainsense went away in '10 and was back in '12.
    Yeah, I thought it was '10 when they disappeared. I remember the '10 guys complaining about it quite a bit. I even remember a thread where one or two of the '10 guys were threatening to return their 10s in hopes of walkin' away with '09s. I thought that was pretty funny back then. Anyway, thanks for the response vfaninva!

What are we getting for our '09s at trade in these days I wonder? Wonder what the cost of having your Polished wheels imitate those Satin Graphite wheels? Didn't like'em when they first showed up as an option, now they seem to complete the V. Guess like everyone else, I'm done with shinny too! LOL! Thanks again man!

Quote Originally Posted by ericpd View Post

Yeah, I thought it was '10 when they disappeared. I remember the '10 guys complaining about it quite a bit. I even remember a thread where one or two of the '10 guys were threatening to return their 10s in hopes of walkin' away with '09s. I thought that was pretty funny back then.

What are we getting for our '09s at trade in these days I wonder?
    LOL. Some things never change. Folks complain about little nuisances all the time here. Most all still love their V's regardless!
    2009's are retailing from mid $30's to low $40k range. Trade in, I'd guess low $30k range. A lot depends on condition and mileage of course.

AdmiralB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    Crystal Red was replaced by...some other red, Red Obsession or something like that. It looked identical, I don't know why they bothered changing. And that plum color was added.

The coupes got that blue interior package, don't remember what it was called.

Other than that, the only difference was, they raised prices. Between that and the reduced EVA, I'd have saved $3500 if I'd bought a year earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralB View Post
    The coupes got that blue interior package, don't remember what it was called.
    Yeah, that was Stealth blue with "Twilight" blue interior. Available on all 3 models. I've seen pictures of a coupe and sedan. The sedan had chrome wheels w/red calipers and was stunning!

Vsochs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Yamaha FJR1300

Is there a chart anywhere that shows the differences from 2009 through 2014?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by Vsochs View Post
    Is there a chart anywhere that shows the differences from 2009 through 2014?
    That would be nice to have.
    Vsochs likes this.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

These are the changes somewhere between 2009 & 2014.
    The carbon fiber interior trim changed to a lighter color.
    The V trunk emblem was moved to the other side.
    The fender vents changed slightly.
    The steering wheel moves into position with the turn of the key, rather than on unlocking.
    Black wheels were offered in 2010 or 11.
    Otherwise, it's the same car for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    Otherwise, it's the same car for 5 years.
    And they are all beautiful beasts!

Took off today to take another look at,... or if I'm lucky, to take delivery of either the 13 or the 14. How come all the 15's,... every single one I've seen, are coupes? All the auto search engines like Carguru, Autotrader, etc., are showing nothing but coupes for 15. Weird!

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ericpd View Post
    How come all the 15's,... every single one I've seen, are coupes? All the auto search engines like Carguru, Autotrader, etc., are showing nothing but coupes for 15. Weird!
    Because you haven't done your V homework, or even talked to a Caddy dealer. There are 500 V coupes for 2015, and it's done. The V3 from what I've read will be totally different, and I would not consider it. Especially with the 2" of lost head room on the new CTS platform.
    ericpd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    Because you haven't done your V homework, or even talked to a Caddy dealer. There are 500 V coupes for 2015, and it's done. The V3 from what I've read will be totally different, and I would not consider it. Especially with the 2" of lost head room on the new CTS platform.
    Yeah,.. you're right blur, I haven't been keepin' up with my V-ology here lately! LOL! Apologies! I knew the Gen2's time was coming to an end and had been thinking of trading in my 09 on a new for a while. Like you, I was kinda disappointed with the new CTS design as a platform for the new V. Actually, when I saw the Vsport, I almost died thinking IT was the new V. I think that's when I committed myself to refreshing the 09,... before they were all gone. All the manuals are just simply all gone in my area,... maybe on my side of the Mississippi even. Real sad! Slowly, I've resigned myself to an auto! Whatever the case,... I'll have a fresh one this weekend!

Tropical Cadillac has 3 ea. 2015 V coupes 6MT.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.