Neighbors from hell
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Neighbors from hell in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Does anyone live next to neighbors from hell? If so, did you decide to upgrade the exhaust and make your ...
    Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN

Neighbors from hell

Does anyone live next to neighbors from hell? If so, did you decide to upgrade the exhaust and make your car scream at 4am, since your neighbors tell you your music is too loud. And call the cops 3 times on you?!?

Anyone here go through this is and decide f' it, and put a mean exhaust note
    through their windows

----------

Because I'm almost ready to really make noise.
    funnyguyMI and CaddyGas like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: Neighbors from hell

Take the high road?

(set their shit on fire when they go on vacation)
    Xaqtly likes this.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

I try to stay on a friendly relationship with my neighbors, but I am generally a major fail at it.
    I try and treat people as if I would like to be treated by them. Sometimes it is very difficult at best.
    I have found it a good idea to not PO some people that you do internal & external business with.
    You're either a customer of theirs or they're a customer of yours.
    I have found it a good idea to not PO the following for self-survival purposes:
    You're mail deliverer: PO him & he/she just might fail to deliver your next credit card billing,
    or any bill that carries late charges. I place a small unopened, cold, bottle of water in with the
    outgoing mail every couple of hot days, & sometimes with the flag up even when there's no outgoing mail.
    Guard at the gate of gated community when going in, I always ask him if I could bring him a bottle or water
    every so often. He always says no thank you, but he is always courteous to me when I come in the gate or I have visitors.
    I try and be nice to all emergency personnel, as I know that when it comes time for someone to try and save me or take
    me to the hospital, it will be one of them. LEO's, same thing. It always pay to be friendly & courteous to them, they also might
    be the ones coming to save you & / or your family, & it might also remind you to not cop a tude when pulled over.
    Parking lot guard at Wally World, same thing, offer to bring them water or a small item of food, & they will keep an eye on your
    car like their life depended upon it. Store clerks, same thing.
    I have some neighbors that I try and keep on a good basis with, the others can go pound salt.
    You will find, just as I have found, no man is an island and everyone must have some friends
    somewhere to cover their arse for them.
    Rely upon the people that you are nice to, and they will probably cover your back.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells
    I try to stay on a friendly relationship with my neighbors, but I am generally a major fail at it.
    I try and treat people as if I would like to be treated by them. Sometimes it is very difficult at best.
    I have found it a good idea to not PO some people that you do internal & external business with.
    You're mail deliverer: PO him & he/she just might fail to deliver your next credit card billing,
    or any bill that carries late charges. I place a small unopened, cold, bottle of water in with the
    outgoing mail every couple of hot days, & sometimes with the flag up even when there's no outgoing mail.
    Guard at the gate of gated community when going in, I always ask him if I could bring him a bottle or water
    every so often. He always says no thank you, but he is always courteous to me when I come in the gate or I have visitors.
    I try and be nice to all emergency personnel, as I know that when it comes time for someone to try and save me or take
    me to the hospital, it will be one of them. LEO's, same thing. It always pay to be friendly & courteous to them, they also might
    be the ones coming to save you & / or your family, & it might also remind you to not cop a tude when pulled over.
    Parking lot guard at Wally World, same thing, offer to bring them water or a small item of food, & they will keep an eye on your
    I have some neighbors that I try and keep on a good basis with, the others can go pound salt.
    You will find, just as I have found, no man is an island and everyone must have some friends
    Rely upon the people that you are nice to, and they will probably cover your back.
    Good advice from a fellow older guy. Only life experience teaches that. Better to learn that ASAP, regardless of age.

Jud
    Jud

SilverrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

My friend just got a tattoo F.T.W.. This thread made me think of that. FTW = F$#$ the world

The appropriate ratio of friends to enemies is 2-3 friends for every 1 enemy.
    The opposite is not a good idea.
    "A friend of an enemy is my enemy, but
    an enemy of my enemy is my friend".

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Tattoos can lead to regret when you finally grow up and need a job.

Jud
    shchow and turbol15 like this.
    Jud

Everybody admires the "James Dean" attutide,
    but in the end, even James Dean didn't get by with it.

Thanks guys. When the cops tell you there's something really wrong with them 'neighbors' and they don't see why, and it's not loud music, that's a red flag. They ran the other neighbors by them off, too. As in they moved!

These neighbors are hell.

piening2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgette2013 View Post
    Does anyone live next to neighbors from hell? If so, did you decide to upgrade the exhaust and make your car scream at 4am, since your neighbors tell you your music is too loud. And call the cops 3 times on you?!?

Anyone here go through this is and decide f' it, and put a mean exhaust note
    through their windows

----------

Because I'm almost ready to really make noise.

Are you sure THEY are the neighbors from hell?...

They'll tell you how to raise your kid, water your yard, etc . One of those 'I know best' kinds of folk.

I run a very successful business. I treat people with respect. But if you run yourself onto my turf for no real legitimate reason, and call cops at 6pm, while my kids are outside, and cause a scene....with family over, ......it's all over.

----------

If THEY WANTED SILENCE, they need to move to the country.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by piening2150

Are you sure THEY are the neighbors from hell?...
    I am, now.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Random84
    Take the high road?

(set their shit on fire when they go on vacation)
    Lol!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells
    Thanks Gary! Great advice.

sierrabenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon 6mt

Oh boy -- the neighbors from hell.

When I built my current home twenty years ago, a nice young couple were building next door (in the country -- about 500 feet from their house to mine). Over the years, it was not uncommon to hear their arguments, even with the space between houses. About a decade ago they sold the house in the midst of a divorce. After they moved, she became the real neighbor (or ex-wife) from hell -- do a Google search for "acid lady" and "murder" to see the whole story. She and her accomplist/lover got life.

The new neighbors seemed pleasant -- he was a deputy sherriff and it seemed nice to have law enforcement in the neighborhood. But the arguments were even louder. Eventually, they too divorced, but no murder this time.

The third family to move in also seemed nice. But the first thing that they did was to announce to the neighborhood that they were putting a mobile home next to the house (in total violation of local regs). The neighborhood got together, protested to the county, and no mobile home was allowed. But they were pissed off. So they turned the vacant space next to the house (closest to my home) into a dirt bike track, with lots of noise most weekends. Sometimes you can't win.

SilverrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Tattoos can lead to regret when you finally grow up and need a job.

Jud
    Its not my forehead

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Every neighborhood has one of those types...sometimes they live down the street and other times next door. My next door neighbor was from hell. So I returned the favor. At least now it's just a stand off. They don't bother me and I don't bother them....for now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV
    Every neighborhood has one of those types...sometimes they live down the street and other times next door. My next door neighbor was from hell. So I returned the favor. At least now it's just a stand off. They don't bother me and I don't bother them....for now anyway.
    Like a plan.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.