Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Neighbors from hell

6K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  agp 
#1 ·
Does anyone live next to neighbors from hell? If so, did you decide to upgrade the exhaust and make your car scream at 4am, since your neighbors tell you your music is too loud. And call the cops 3 times on you?!?

Anyone here go through this is and decide f' it, and put a mean exhaust note
through their windows

----------

Because I'm almost ready to really make noise.

#3 ·
I try to stay on a friendly relationship with my neighbors, but I am generally a major fail at it.
I try and treat people as if I would like to be treated by them. Sometimes it is very difficult at best.
I have found it a good idea to not PO some people that you do internal & external business with.
You're either a customer of theirs or they're a customer of yours.
I have found it a good idea to not PO the following for self-survival purposes:
You're mail deliverer: PO him & he/she just might fail to deliver your next credit card billing,
or any bill that carries late charges. I place a small unopened, cold, bottle of water in with the
outgoing mail every couple of hot days, & sometimes with the flag up even when there's no outgoing mail.
Guard at the gate of gated community when going in, I always ask him if I could bring him a bottle or water
every so often. He always says no thank you, but he is always courteous to me when I come in the gate or I have visitors.
I try and be nice to all emergency personnel, as I know that when it comes time for someone to try and save me or take
me to the hospital, it will be one of them. LEO's, same thing. It always pay to be friendly & courteous to them, they also might
be the ones coming to save you & / or your family, & it might also remind you to not cop a tude when pulled over.
Parking lot guard at Wally World, same thing, offer to bring them water or a small item of food, & they will keep an eye on your
car like their life depended upon it. Store clerks, same thing.
I have some neighbors that I try and keep on a good basis with, the others can go pound salt.
You will find, just as I have found, no man is an island and everyone must have some friends
somewhere to cover their arse for them.
Rely upon the people that you are nice to, and they will probably cover your back.

#4 ·
Gary Wells said:
I try to stay on a friendly relationship with my neighbors, but I am generally a major fail at it.
I try and treat people as if I would like to be treated by them. Sometimes it is very difficult at best.
I have found it a good idea to not PO some people that you do internal & external business with.
You're mail deliverer: PO him & he/she just might fail to deliver your next credit card billing,
or any bill that carries late charges. I place a small unopened, cold, bottle of water in with the
outgoing mail every couple of hot days, & sometimes with the flag up even when there's no outgoing mail.
Guard at the gate of gated community when going in, I always ask him if I could bring him a bottle or water
every so often. He always says no thank you, but he is always courteous to me when I come in the gate or I have visitors.
I try and be nice to all emergency personnel, as I know that when it comes time for someone to try and save me or take
me to the hospital, it will be one of them. LEO's, same thing. It always pay to be friendly & courteous to them, they also might
be the ones coming to save you & / or your family, & it might also remind you to not cop a tude when pulled over.
Parking lot guard at Wally World, same thing, offer to bring them water or a small item of food, & they will keep an eye on your
I have some neighbors that I try and keep on a good basis with, the others can go pound salt.
You will find, just as I have found, no man is an island and everyone must have some friends
Rely upon the people that you are nice to, and they will probably cover your back.
Good advice from a fellow older guy. Only life experience teaches that. Better to learn that ASAP, regardless of age.

Jud

#25 ·
Everyone's advice is well taken and I understand but I actually kinda knew what you meant from the start! These neighbors are more than likely 'the neighbors from hell' I actually had similar neighbors and there was no winning and I mean none. I made it more difficult for them then they did for everyone else on the block and low and behold...they died! Just kidding...they stopped their wicked ways...took about 2 years but they finally stopped! That's just me, not recommending this to everyone but...they WERE, THE NEIGHBORS FROM HELL! There are plenty of them...I know this. Good luck with your situation...I feel for you!

P.S. Loud exhaust just isn't enough!

#10 ·
Does anyone live next to neighbors from hell? If so, did you decide to upgrade the exhaust and make your car scream at 4am, since your neighbors tell you your music is too loud. And call the cops 3 times on you?!?

Anyone here go through this is and decide f' it, and put a mean exhaust note
through their windows

----------

Because I'm almost ready to really make noise.

Are you sure THEY are the neighbors from hell?...

#16 ·
Maybe your music was too loud? I'm not a fan of neighbors who have no regard for the noise they are creating, especially if there are city noise ordinances. 6PM does seem unreasonable to complain though... I would definitely address a neighbor I had an issue with. There is ALWAYS the thing you want to say, and the thing you SHOULD say to get them to do what you want them to do.

#11 ·
They'll tell you how to raise your kid, water your yard, etc . One of those 'I know best' kinds of folk.

I run a very successful business. I treat people with respect. But if you run yourself onto my turf for no real legitimate reason, and call cops at 6pm, while my kids are outside, and cause a scene....with family over, ......it's all over.

----------

If THEY WANTED SILENCE, they need to move to the country.

----------

piening2150 said:
Are you sure THEY are the neighbors from hell?...
I am, now.

----------

Random84 said:
Take the high road?

(set their shit on fire when they go on vacation)
Lol!

----------

Gary Wells said:
Thanks Gary! Great advice.

#12 ·
Oh boy -- the neighbors from hell.

When I built my current home twenty years ago, a nice young couple were building next door (in the country -- about 500 feet from their house to mine). Over the years, it was not uncommon to hear their arguments, even with the space between houses. About a decade ago they sold the house in the midst of a divorce. After they moved, she became the real neighbor (or ex-wife) from hell -- do a Google search for "acid lady" and "murder" to see the whole story. She and her accomplist/lover got life.

The new neighbors seemed pleasant -- he was a deputy sherriff and it seemed nice to have law enforcement in the neighborhood. But the arguments were even louder. Eventually, they too divorced, but no murder this time.

The third family to move in also seemed nice. But the first thing that they did was to announce to the neighborhood that they were putting a mobile home next to the house (in total violation of local regs). The neighborhood got together, protested to the county, and no mobile home was allowed. But they were pissed off. So they turned the vacant space next to the house (closest to my home) into a dirt bike track, with lots of noise most weekends. Sometimes you can't win.

#20 ·
Kerr said:
from what i have learned is leave them alone. once they think you dont care they will stop.

Also if you PO them it opens a can of worms. Not worth your cars, or yard or house getting torn up.
And that's their worry now.

----------

CaddyGas said:
All my neighbors get along and always look out for one another. You would fit in over here. Noise what noise?
Love it! On my way! Down to earth people here. They complain when we park in front of their house while our yard is being cut. Unhappy people making other lives miserable.

#28 ·
Ours are next door. In their 80's and are intent on running everyone else's life, informing you how you should be living, calling the homeowner's association and the city complianing about any and eveything - including the color of the daylilies our yard guys planted, making totally untrue statements about others while proclaiming "Janet Neapolitano is our niece so you'ld better watch it".

I was informed the other day that the new CTS-V Coupe I bought was inappropriate because it likely burns too much gas and the stock exhausts are too loud. And all I've done, so far, is motor off down the street at 1500 - 2000 RPM.

After six years of their crap I must admit I'm getting a little tired of turning the other cheek. Heheheheeeeeee ... wait till the new Corsas show up in a week or so.

<SIGH>

#31 ·
Years back I had one of those neighbors. All the rest of the neighborhood did nothing as they had bonfires in their backyard, burnouts in the street, loud parties and throwing of the bottles at others houses etc.... heard all these stories from the other neighbors after I purchased the house and moved in. cops did notdo anyhing or could do limited fake warnings etc. Take that I live in a very nice suburb were people respect each other, for the most part. I had the unfortunate luck to have this person live directly behind me. First party I was polite and asked them nicely across the fence to quiet down. An hour later a bottle broke against my house. Next party the same and found about 100 cigarette butts in my yard the next day. Third time didn't say anything but my pit was going nuts when I let her out and one of the idiots jumped halfway over the fence after saying something stupid to their friends about harming my dog..... Unfortunately he "fell" into my yard where i felt in "fear of my safety" and proceeded to defend myself until he was asleep and broken. (my dog was the worst on him. 80 pounds of sweetness till you piss her off!) When the other party goes finally figured out what was going on, a couple tried to come over the fence to help the friend. Did I say I like my pistol grip 12 guage that I just happened to have with me in the backyard and now your are in my property?

Moral of the story is be the nice neighbor whenever you can. As someone else said, I like having more friends then enemies. When things go bad, know the law, and be the worst crazy nut you can possibly be about protecting the safety of yourself, your property (dog is considered property where I am), and loved ones. 10 years later EVERY one of my neighbors love me (or pretend to that is). Take the advice for what you will... but people respect Crazy for the most part! a little crazy laugh everytime you see them might just make them think! ;)

#32 ·
The law here is that if the average bear can hear noise from the entertainment system of your car from fifty feet away it's going to draw a ticket. You can have it as loud as you want inside as long as the noise doesn't get outside. It makes sense to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.