Opinions on E85 car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Opinions on E85 car in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Every tuner that you talk to has a different opinion on what mods to do. Keep in mind that I ...
    87GN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V sedan A6, 2004 E55 AMG

Opinions on E85 car

Every tuner that you talk to has a different opinion on what mods to do. Keep in mind that I have cold air and corsa exhaust now... One guy says to do E85 tune and all you need is headers, upper pulley and injectors and he can make low 600whp. It is possible that he mentioned one more thing that I cant remember but for the most part it will make low 600whp. What are the thoughts on doing E85? Thx

I would like to get around 600whp give or take a couple.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: Opinions on E85 car

E85 has its pros & cons. A few of our track cars run E85 religiously. Just just finished up a car last week that did over 700WHP on E85 with bolt-ons. The biggest question is what kind of access do you have to it and if you need to be 100% completely dependent on E85.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Stay with normal fuel.

Mods you should do are upper pulley, headers or remove cats, tune, heat exchanger. That brings you to 550 and is still easy on the engine.

Then install a 50 shot of nitrous on the car. Then as you want more hp in the future, just up the horsepower on the nitrous. That way it is fast, and when you want it faster you just use nitrous.. Cheapest, simplest setup you can do and dependable.

Kerr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

E85 works grate on high boost cars, I wouldnt tune for it though, unless you have a computer and can switch back and forth. Then again i dont think with your mods it would be worth it. My buddys that have turbo stuff love it, but it comes at a cost, and we dont have a E85 station around here anymore.

Also it drinks about 50% quicker. or at least on my stock cars i have tried it on. My impala went from 23 to 12 on a tank.. i tried it a few times with the same results, granted there was no power increase that was noticable, and E85 sorta smells like bubbles.

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

18 months on E85 and i have no issues. You need to have enough E85 stations around you so it does not become a hassle. It does use 25% more fuel on properly tuned car. 50WHP is your gain over 93oct. Like wait4me said you have other options to get to 600whp. In hot climates it helps a lot with the IAT. I have been told by my tuner the O2 censors needs to be replaced as well every 15K but at this power levels everything needs to be replaced more often
    this is how i got there:

CAI
    Injectors
    Cat delete pipes, 20" classic chamber exhausts in the middle section with new x-pipe to stock exhaust
    Lower 10" and Upper 2.85"
    TR7IX plugs
    FMIC
    Ported supercharger
    Tune

87GN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V sedan A6, 2004 E55 AMG

I have heard the pros and cons, I do have pretty close access to E85 so that is not an issue but I have heard of other things like something to do with fuel pump etc. so I am just going to stick to 93 fuel. I know they run cooler and the gains are exactly what you mentioned CTSVMIAMI but I am just going to stick with the 93. Thanks for the info. guys.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

These kinds of threads might get more traction in the Performance Mods forum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.