Blasphemy
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Blasphemy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just read this in Newsday, a regional Long Island newspaper. It's a review of the new CTS "The star of ...
    RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Blasphemy

Just read this in Newsday, a regional Long Island newspaper. It's a review of the new CTS

"The star of the show is a twin-turbocharged version of the V6 that puts out 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque. This unique-to-Cadillac powerplant anchors the CTS V-Sport (it's also used in the larger XTS), which is the successor to the hotrod CTS-V sedan. The "V" is available for at least one more year in the coupe and wagon models that carry over unaltered for the 2014 model year. As quick as they are, the 556-horsepower supercharged V8 with its unquenchable thirst for fuel (12 mpg in the city and 18 highway) is no longer considered acceptable or politically correct in this day and age. Enter the turbocharged V6."

Obviously not written by a car guy.

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/c...dans-1.5816968

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    Just read this in Newsday, a regional Long Island newspaper. It's a review of the new CTS

"The star of the show is a twin-turbocharged version of the V6 that puts out 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque. This unique-to-Cadillac powerplant anchors the CTS V-Sport (it's also used in the larger XTS), which is the successor to the hotrod CTS-V sedan. The "V" is available for at least one more year in the coupe and wagon models that carry over unaltered for the 2014 model year. As quick as they are, the 556-horsepower supercharged V8 with its unquenchable thirst for fuel (12 mpg in the city and 18 highway) is no longer considered acceptable or politically correct in this day and age. Enter the turbocharged V6."

Obviously not written by a car guy.

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/c...dans-1.5816968

Typical Newsday..... Never get anything right lol.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Re: Blasphemy

That's assuming V owners care about being politically correct or fuel efficient LOL! It does make you wonder if there will be a full blown V3 will be offered in a year or so, or just the V lite that he's talking about. I'll be watching for the twin turbo XTS when they come out though, it will be interesting to see how that big car moves...

I live close to Newsday's headquarters so maybe I'll go over there and rev my engine for them a bit. As far as the V3 goes, if they don't build one, Cadillac can consider me a former customer because I will not be back. The BMW store is also near by

elevated is offline Cadillac Owners Member

BMW and Mercedes have 500+ hp monster sedans getting 23mpg+ highway. Caddy just needs to catch up.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Boooo to Newsday.

"Politically incorrect"? I bet that guy drives to work in an SUV that gets worse mileage. Just saying, as that's what most of my neighbors do. Next door neighbor has two Jeeps. Across the street is a Grand Cherokee. Two doors down is a big-assed Hemi truck and a BMW 7-series and a Hummer.

Whatever.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

I joke with coworkers who drive a Prius or other tree hugger car that I'm stuck with the burdon of having to use all the gas they are saving
    AussiePete likes this.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by elevated View Post
    BMW and Mercedes have 500+ hp monster sedans getting 23mpg+ highway. Caddy just needs to catch up.
    Ditto!

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I know a $200, 000 MB SLS AMG that needed to catch up to my M6 coupe the other day. I say Caddy is doing pretty well considering the cost per mile. Gas isn't everything. Have you seen the the depreciation on MB Ill take the lower cost, less depreciation and and a couple less miles per gallon. IMO.

----------

No catching up needed

Big Jay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Couple of years ago I took my vette to the dealer for some service. There was a Camaro SS there that was a special GM prototype build for Jay Leno. It was a twin turbo V6 at about 430 hp. The techs told me that this was the future of the GM muscle cars. I expected it to show up in the C7 vette.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Cadillac needs to go back to giving its engines names and abandon the alphabet soup that confuses the masses. For example, they should have named the new TTV6 "Shortwind" because of the shortened turbo plumbing. Also that name would accurately describe some of its future owners. Another missed opportunity by the marketing department.

I forgot to mention that Shortwind-equipped vehicles would need optional twin exhausts with coffee can sized tips to enhance that wonderful V6 note. GM marketing, that advice is free of charge.

Jud
    Jud

texasnoiz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): M3M5EVO9-sold; next up TESLA, Vwagon

GT-R makes somewhat acceptable horsepowers with a 6. who knows what will happen...if there is no V3 where will we all go for 500+ hp with luxury? AMG? M?

Quote Originally Posted by texasnoiz
    GT-R makes somewhat acceptable horsepowers with a 6. who knows what will happen...if there is no V3 where will we all go for 500+ hp with luxury? AMG? M?
    Nissan charges $100k+ for their car. No way it's worth it. Would much rather have an M or AMG. Japanese cars have no soul or character.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by JFJr
    ... should have named the new TTV6 "Shortwind" because of the shortened turbo plumbing. Also that name would accurately describe some of its future owners.
    Can you imagine if they made "Longwind"?

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Guy next door has a skyline. He paid close to 100K when the new gtr came out a few years back.. He wants a zr1. Skyline has no leather no power amenities. Super fast n sexy looking yes but for 100K? I don't think so.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.