Blasphemy - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Blasphemy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by RobF300 no sense buying a powerful car just to drive it like a vagina to save $10 ...
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    no sense buying a powerful car just to drive it like a vagina to save $10 per fill up hyper milling like a tree hugging hippy down the highway, lol

My name is Rob, I get 12mpg and Im not afraid to admit it
    I could give two shits about gas mileage. I generally got 11around town when it was stock. Now I get 13-14. And I'll blow a stock V away.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Hey, V's are hybrids. One of the forum members said so because they burn gas and rubber. I love it! And don't forget to do a good V-8 rev as you're passing a Prius or some other sorry electric car; it's like saying hello and FU at the same time.

Jud
    Jud

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Blasphemy

10% ethanol blows. My average MPG since ownership is 15.4.

No pure gas stations around me except at boat docks.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob
    10% ethanol blows. My average MPG since ownership is 15.4.

No pure gas stations around me except at boat docks.
    What do you think the mpg% increase would be at highway speeds,10% ethanol vs. pure gasoline? I buy top tier and they're all 10% ethanol. Will I get a blue flame out my exhaust tips from pure gas? If not maybe some of my bottled natural gas will help, after eating well seasoned Mediterranean food.

Jud
    Jud

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I loose 1-2 and sometimes 3 mpg using 10% ethanol. I've measured it on 4 different vehicles. The SRT8's really got killed by it, the CTS-V maybe not quite as bad but easily 2mpg difference on the highway.

dccaddyv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by RGaret
    My intention was not to ignite a contentious debate. I am sure the GT-R is a fine automobile in certain respects. But it isn't for me. I just don't "want" it like I do other cars. To each his own. And by the way, I had two Nissan's, an Infiniti, and a Lexus before my V.
    You owned a Lexus and didn't know it was a Toyota?

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V
    All the talk about mpg's is hilarious on these boards. I average 13 mpg in my V and 14 in my tahoe. Who cares? If i wanted better mpg I would have bought a prius and a minivan. We all knew what we were getting into. Wouldn't change a thing about my M6

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
    All the talk about mpg's is hilarious on these boards. I average 13 mpg in my V and 14 in my tahoe. Who cares? If i wanted better mpg I would have bought a prius and a minivan. We all knew what we were getting into. Wouldn't change a thing about my M6
    I had an Infiniti FX35 10 years ago. 3.5l V6, 280 HP. That truck got 13 in the city and 21 on the highway. Of course it was not as much fun. The V is almost as good mileage wise and of course much more fun.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

its the outrageous MPG claims that leave you shaking your head "oh hey I just got 38mpg on a 600 mile road trip with my V and I have 600hp"

its the outrageous MPG claims that leave you shaking your head "oh hey I just got 38mpg on a 600 mile road trip with my V and I have 600hp"
    Never heard that one. But I do get 25+ at 60 mph. About 20-21 at 75 mph. And to get those I had to put a tune on the car.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

it twas a joke caveman , but im sure on perfectly flat ground with no downshifts ever you can get that MPG

it twas a joke caveman , but im sure on perfectly flat ground with no downshifts ever you can get that MPG
    Yea its a cruise type thing. I just went 800 miles on Wednesday New Mexico to Vegas through the mountains. Couldnt get one Mustang or Corvette to mess around. Tried too. Averaged 17.5 on the trip. Partially because of the mountains but mostly I wanted to see how much I could cut down a 12 hr trip according to mapquest without getting caught. I did it in 10hr 25min with pit stops no cop stops. Not bad

----------

I set the cruise on a flat surface doing 103. I was surprised to see the instant gas mileage very close to 20 still. Maybe the speed limit should be 100 for gas sake.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I've never dropped below 15 average with mostly in town driving 10-15 miles per day.

Its pretty hard to get over 21 mpg unless the ground is perfectly flat, but staying between 19-21 on the highway at 80-85mph is pretty easy. Its not as impressive as the CLS550 making 25 at 70-75, but then again, it has lots of fancy things we dont have....and only amounts to an extra $150 a year in gas or so. Whopty do. Who the hell want to drive a 40mpg scooter?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.